News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Is Marriage Right

Started by Anonymous, December 22, 2003, 12:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Fe Shizzle, true dat 1up.

live life and love to live, life is livin and livin is lovin'

DanBanza, where ye been O.

Big up all, ShiZZle

Gimbiya

I want to put my little 2cents in this thread, 'sod it's interesting. I used to think that there's no used of marriage, it brings you noghing but headache. sometimes when hearts been broken you feel like why put the heart in that position again? especially the position of no returns, I thought well at least if there's no legal bound that tied two hearts toghther then it will be an easy way out. I was doing a bit of research about all this, some of my co-workers believe that why rushed yourself into marriage you should love yourself first and your lord. so I came across this

"O you young men! Whoever is able to marry should marry, for that will help him to lower his gaze and guard his modesty." (Al-Bukhari)
Modesty was regarded as a great virtue by the Prophet. He said, "Modesty is part of faith." (Al-Bukhari)
The importance of the institution or marriage receives its greatest emphasis from the following hadith of the Prophet,

"Marriage is my sunna. Whosoever keeps away from it is not from me."

to fa! kunji fa this is islamically, but I look at the atmosphere that I live in which is the western atmosphere and there too I can see some of the advantage of marriage, first of all in America being married can save you a lot of money. ;D and then I find this article

Married people drink, smoke, and abuse substances less; live longer; earn more; are wealthier; and have children who do better. Yet, many public policies undermine marriage

so as I can see marriage is something one most consider in life, whether you are looking at here after or for right now. don't you think? also remember life is a test so hearts can be broken but it's impossible to run away from all the hardships in life.
color=pink] Knoledge Saves Lives--- FAAWIN[/color]

Anonymous

yes it's true fe shizzle, but marriage doesn't gurantee anything but thinning hair. Many married people drink, smoke and are abusive, it doesn't necessarily mean marriage makes someone live longer or shorter, but "what is marriage?", is it just a bunch o words we say in front of D judge ir Imam? And if we can't live up to those words is it best to do tha "common law marriage, where a man is recognized as the provider, and has the responsiblility, but no paper or formality to the relationship, let's be serious some people have so many women they can't choose one it is impossible, so why be a hyprocryite and say one does, when one doesn't, it seems more sensible to make an agreement betwen the two parties, and as long as a man is paying that big money and caring for his women then what de wahala? Love and marriage can be deadly and a heartbreak can kill a person or make them insane! I know many dun go KukU.

but also everyone makes very good points :D

ShizZle

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
Sambo, am afraid you may be developing Marriage-Phobia.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

Dala

So u prefer the clubbing life ko?

Zaka gaya musu!

Anonymous

No, I don prefer clubbin', but finding that special someone is difficult :-/, those who found that person is lucky person.

ShiZZle  ;)