News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

YANKEES, ABROADIANS, WHY FRONT 4 OTHER NIJA'S EHN?

Started by ummita, March 09, 2004, 12:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twinkle

Inye, su Gimbiya masu qawa a Alabama. ;D

Well ppl it's not suprising just cos those so-called yanks behave when they come home. They even act the same way when they see you abroad. For example when you see a nigerian at Saudi, they want to talk to you but first they want to impress you by giving an idea of where they are coming from US or UK (as if i care, as long as i did wat i was there to do). They make fake accent, phoeney/slangs or they start unnecessary conversation just to inform you that "hello am from abroad" :-/
After a long dawaf: I was sitting with my girls deciding what to eat this fido-dido (guy) came with his peeps, they wanted us to notice him, ya wani fara buga taranci (a'a mu jahilai ::)), he was sayin men saudi is hot men! I cant stand the heat men! I need a chill drink men! You was asking the waiter "yo! you collect Dallaz $ cus I ain got riyals"
They just want attention these yankenese!::)
color=red]I RULE IN A UNIQUE WAY!

[/color]
[/i]

ummita

QuoteBirdie: I wanna speak to that birdie hollarin', Am a bowler and I do what I want no pony's gonna change it.
TOP THAT !

I dey hail Ginuwine ::). Sannu bowler...........

Skido EMBRACE YOUR ORIGINAL ROOTS BEFORE I SHOOT. Yankees be proud of your roots
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

ummita

Quote I don't blame people if they really try hard to be somebody that they aren't, it's not their fault. Remember some of this people only see what life can offer in this countries. well when I first read this thread I felt like Ummita was talking about me. so I called a friend in Alabama and read to her the message.

@ Gimbiya, A'a my dear, now wat made u suspect I was referrin 2 u?
Am 100% sure dat u know dat there are thousand of Nijan's in abroad and therefore it doesnt make u ONLY person livin in yankee koh? Many Yoruba, Igbo,Hausa,Fulanis,Tiv, etc r based overseas! Am talkin about nigerains in general and those that front!!! Now sista call ur freind in Alabama & tell her "ummita was not referin 2 me". Suspiciousness is not good or is there something we shud know(she laffs)...Ko dei kema kina yinei? ;), u know! guilty mind dey work miracles (lol).
Gimbiya I dey wait for apology(she laffs) because am annoyed, am no more talking to you.
YANKEE NIJAN'S B PROUD 2 B A NIGERIAN

Waziri

This is a news to me!! perharps because I sometimes behave like the old fashion. But do not be suprised if I say to you I have never met those Yankee ppl you are talking bout.

When we were kids, there was this neighbour of ours, her brother was having a friend who was living abroad. The friend sent for her brother to get him a wife. And that day, she came back from "TALLA" with her slippers on hands, and she was told that she would soon be moved to Britain for marriage to Salihu who she already knew. She protested but later was convinced. All arrangement was made within 5 months and she moved.

Now she is there for almost 15 solid years. So everybody can be abroad.

Some weeks back I was with my Mentor and some Germans came to visit us. We took them to a village near by, prefered Dankali, Danwake and Zogale for them as lunch. They loved it and picked some to go back to Germany with. They were happy and we were happy too. At least no matter how poor and African we are, we have some beautiful things to show to the world. ?

I boarded a city bus the other day and there was one young man in a very smart carriage. All thru' our journey in the bus the young man was keeping his hankie to his nose. I was wondering why must he make others feel like they are smelling? Why must he make others feel uncomfortable?

I kept asking ma self before I concluded that it was a kind of anti social behaviour. Perharps my young friend is not civilised enough to know that life means to Yassiruuu wala tu'assirruuu, meaning: Make life easy to ppl around you, do not make it difficult.

This atleast by Prophet of Islam

Gimbiya

Inye, su Gimbiya masu qawa a Alabama. ;D

U know! ;) ni ma ba daga nan ba. well should we considered place like alabama yakee? its just not the way we think of yankee, I hear it's so country.

@ Gimbiya, A'a my dear, now wat made u suspect I was referrin 2 u?

I didn't suspect myself, I just remembered how I used to say the samething to couple people that I know live in yankee, until I understand where they were soming from

Gimbiya I dey wait for apology(she laffs) because am annoyed, am no more talking to you.

well I'm extending my apology bo hu hu :'(

YANKEE NIJAN'S B PROUD 2 B A NIGERIAN[/color]

May be they should be, but you got to have something to be proud of
color=pink] Knoledge Saves Lives--- FAAWIN[/color]

Anonymous

Anonymous

Trully, I came back to this topic to read comments because from the little observations it seems there are a lot of people living abroad here and I taught they might clarify why this negative attitude from abroaders to us domiciled back home.

Gimbiya  I have to say I do not agree with your opinion. What are you trying to say, what do you mean they cant help it? Kina nufin as you said you are in Alabama, are you trying to tell me that you are doing exactly as they do because you cant help it?  You don?t blame them as how? How you sayin they have the green light to say to us F***k you, to look down on us ko dai su yi mana kaudi da kakkaba, iyayi da rashin kunya,  su  kyankyamemu? Like I said living abroad doesn?t mean total madness.

Gimbiya I would like you to compare these two stories for me. They are real for I am a witness.

I won?t lie that indeed we may find a lot of Nigerians without this kind of behaviour. I have a friend who was working in Spain. He came back from Nigeria, and people were very surprised he ate from the same plate I ate he ate TUWO MIYAN KARKASHI and this man has been away from Nigeria for 25yrs.

There was a girl who was studying in Dubai. She came for holiday and she came to see my grand mother, my mother offered her clean, fresh, cold water but you wont believe what she said to my grand mother. Don Allah I would rather prefare if you can give me Swan Water. that. Just imagine, iyashegen  har da tsofaffi akema.

For example if you pick a girl from abroad open suratul Aha or fatiha ask her to recite allah ya sa ko bisimillah zata iya tadawa balle Alif lamra! Amman if you ask her for a song she can recite and write the whole lyrics in 5 seconds.

Like Mallamr Waziri was saying they behave like we disgust them. Yes I really want to know what is wrong with these people going abroad and coming back with all sort of anti-social behaviour.

Ayi ta daukko mana halayen yahudu da nasara ana mana birga, ba kishin kasa balle addini. Chan din idan kuna musu kaudi su maida ku clowns. Nidai idan haka zuwa kasashen waje yake ko amafarki bazan taba so inganni a turai ba
Bana nufin kowa da bacin rai, abun dake zuciyata na amayar, domin in ace forum ana nufin discussion, idan kuma ance come an discuss wato ana nufin fadi ra'ayinka.
Haza Wasalam

Anonymous

hi! u kno i really feel dat u r a player hater and a bad one at that. so wat if people wanna act different, so wats ur problem ryin to be all up in other peoples stuff. go get a lyfe. or more did any of this abroaders dump u. cus basically i dont see the point y u r so bitter abt it all. anyways u better let go of this silly vandetta dat u have against peeps that have not even harmed u. watever gal u shld get something better to do with ur self. like go develop ur own english. bye

Gimbiya

Gimbiya ?I have to say I do not agree with your opinion. What are you trying to say, what do you mean they cant help it? Kina nufin as you said you are in Alabama, are you trying to tell me that you are doing exactly as they do because you cant help it? ?You don?t blame them as how? How you sayin they have the green light to say to us F***k you, to look down on us ko dai su yi mana kaudi da kakkaba, iyayi da rashin kunya, ?su ?kyankyamemu? Like I said living abroad doesn?t mean total madness.
No I do not live in Alabama, I was just making comparisons. and I believe you living abroad doesn't mean people should take over thier heads. First of all the people who are doing yaga kwalaba ba mai are those richy richy daddys girls and boys, so in a way it started fron naija before they go abroad. And again even in naija people tends to pick up the environment that they are in. for example look at the hausa kids that are raised in Lagos they are totally different with us Kano kids. another one is even betwwen same clans there're differences, for example somebody might be from sokoto but when they raised their child in Kano or Kaduna they won't have the sokoto accent will they? all I know is that yah some might act like going abroad is like going to heaven to them but that's a little percentage as we call them "The Choosen Few"

Gimbiya

Quotehi! u kno i really feel dat u r a player hater and a bad one at that. so wat if people wanna act different, so wats ur problem ryin to be all up in other peoples stuff. go get a lyfe. or more did any of this abroaders dump u. cus basically i dont see the point y u r so bitter abt it all. anyways u better let go of this silly vandetta dat u have against peeps that have not even harmed u. watever gal u shld get something better to do with ur self. like go develop ur own english. bye

to fa, gafa wata. Wow!!! I figure you reside in London(the HQ of Hausawa abroad). Gurl why are you tripping like this? now kin fallasa kanki

Fateez

QuoteGimbiya ?I have to say I do not agree with your opinion. What are you trying to say, what do you mean they cant help it? Kina nufin as you said you are in Alabama, are you trying to tell me that you are doing exactly as they do because you cant help it?

Jamil, Gimbiya didn't say she acts like dat,

She'z even giving us strong hausa karin magana ;D ?;D

You don?t blame them as how? How you sayin they have the green light to say to us F***k you, to look down on us ko dai su yi mana kaudi da kakkaba, iyayi da rashin kunya, ?su ?kyankyamemu? Like I said living abroad doesn?t mean total madness.

Okay...I really think it depends on the

person's personality and upbringing...Yeah it doesn't mean

total madness. It's not every1 dat stays outside naija dat

acts like dat...and 4 da F-word, many pple in Naija use dat.
Not only D yankees or janded ones.

It's been on 4 a while..

I think it's really rude :P but unfortunately, it's b~coming a
figure of speech...(Allah ya Shirya)

QuoteFor example if you pick a girl from abroad open suratul Aha or fatiha ask her to recite allah ya sa ko bisimillah zata iya tadawa balle Alif lamra! Amman if you ask her for a song she can recite and write the whole lyrics in 5 seconds.

Who said!!! ??? ???

Don't dey also listen to music in Naija?

Why did U say a girl? how about da boyz?

Again, I think it depends on da person. Sumtimes, these

"abroadians" R even more interested in Qur'an dan sum pple

at home. "Charity begins at home", rite? If da person waz

brought up well in Naija. Then it'll reflect on da kid.

But I know a lotta pple dat stay abroad and still keep their

tradition and all (Even da food)
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Dante

Again, I think it depends on da person. Sumtimes, these

"abroadians" R even more interested in Qur'an dan sum pple

at home. "Charity begins at home", rite? If da person waz

brought up well in Naija. Then it'll reflect on da kid.

But I know a lotta pple dat stay abroad and still keep their

tradition and all (Even da food)[/glow]

Salaam,
U are right gurl, training begins from home.

People doing somethings like this were originally
not well trained in their homes (back home NIGERIA)
most of them are not well trained to maintain their
personality & dignity.
QuoteAgain she has only been abroad for 3wks, now she doesnt know how 2 wear iro & buba or betta still zena de riga. Guy has only travelled abroad for 3yrs now he claims his hausa transmission is lost........sai slangs (I dey salute dan giden Tony Blair  ). The main the main: instead phoeney takes over broken english & ur original mothers tongue. Accent!  
Some Hausa folks 4 instance, can put on a front! big time, & I also mean Nigerians in general. (lol)Some might even try to ditch pidgin English, Hausa, Fulde in favour of the Queen's language only to embarass themselves with a fake American accent & d worse comes wen hausa accent mixes with posh/brithish accent. U d listener will keep on wonderin what that foreign accent faker is yannin about! Omo jare speak clearly! On d contrary, I can understand if you are in the midst of unscrupulous people but then again, why be there in the same place when "Birds of the same feathers flock together"?

I don't see any problem wit speakin slangs, cause
everyone staying abroad his language or turanci
will dafenately change! due to mix up with white ppl.
Even those that don't speak it will learn how to from
other fellow ppl that do!

Dont you think so ?

ummita

Quotego get a lyfe. or more did any of this abroaders dump u. cus basically i dont see the point y u r so bitter abt it all. anyways u better let go of this silly vandetta dat u have against peeps that have not even harmed u. watever gal u shld get something better to do with ur self. like go develop ur own english. bye
A'a! sista
I believe we all matured adults & wen it cums 2 views & opinions every1 has a ryt 2 say.....lets b rationale bout this!

My brotha Dante.....we jam again!
Posted by: Dante Posted on: Today at 15:24:18
QuoteI don't see any problem wit speakin slangs, cause
everyone staying abroad his language or turanci ?
will dafenately change! due to mix up with white ppl.
Even those that don't speak it will learn how to from
other fellow ppl that do! ?
Dont you think so ?

Ok....b reasonable, For example u hav dat thick hausa accent u travelled abroad, spent only 3yrs came bck........wen u gt bck & blew ur slangs @ me "I wud hav sworn it was George Bush givin one of his speeches"! thou there was beep* beep* in d slangs! I dont think wen u mix wit white ppl(foreigners) ur accent changes, bro it takes a longggggg time. My freinds: Funmi, Omotola and Kehinde were studyin in US, dey came bck home afta 6yrs......dat thick lagos broken accent mix wit a lil flow of yoruba accent plus d americanised accent were all janded in one i cud tell na forgery slangs! Moreso, Omotola changed her name to Shakwana! I asked her "wat happened 2 d name her father gave her" she said nah shakwana is juss a black american name!!! u seeeeee!
Surely, we have no problem wit ppl who speak slangs......bt let it cum naturale!!!! Do nt force it thru ur throat up ur nose!!!

Mixin up wit white ppl will nt change ur english afta being wit dem juss 4 a couple of yrs!!.......some of dem yankee nijans all I can say is dat its part of envy dat forces their accent 2 change, & dey soooo subconcious. Why cnt dey stick 2 their own tone of english? Why muss dey change it 2 slangs?! Dats why I see if a fellow white man cums 2 Nigeria he swopes in full force 2 speak broken Hingrish!. why is it if a foreigner comes to 9ja their accent doesnt change wit immediate effect & it still wudnt change afta spendin 3-8yrs in nigerian!! However, if a nigerian fly overseas 2day, ?accent changes wit immediate effect......kai my ppl (she laffs) dey r juss grand!!!!
Am nt sayin ppl shudnt speak slangs, bt c'mon dey put up bring fronts in d magana itself.

@ Gimbiya minkam apology accepted. howeva I was only jokin, thou am throwin a question bck @ u. Wat do u mean by : ?
QuoteMay be they should be, but you got to have something to be proud of
so d mere fact dat I happen 2 b a Nigerian isnt it sumthin dat I can hold up high my head, stick my nose in d air & b proud of?[/color]

Kanolicious

Who are fronting for othere naijans?

abeg make you call names, make you no do
any kind of kwana-kwana hidings. come out
and call their names for me.
e bring Justice in K-Online!

alyeesha

Gimbiya, i am gonna tell u again ban falasa kai na ba. i'm jst being real sincere wid u. cus u gatta have a reason 4 all this jealousy u r portrayin. anyways i also think u have guts thou that contradicts ma believe but ma reason 4 this is dat u mite be true. reason also y i'm angry is cus u all r generalisin the issue. ::) people r different n i kno alot of people who skool abroad n dont act the way u r sayin. why diss the whole bunch. if u wanna diss peeps diss the ones that do it. moreover if u stay in a place 4 a long tyme its natural u have to adapt some of theoir culture or ways of coversin. when u converse wid them daily u tend to talk like them cus they are the majority n its called adaptation. so pls stop generalisin cus not all of us have girman kai.  ;)