News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

YANKEES, ABROADIANS, WHY FRONT 4 OTHER NIJA'S EHN?

Started by ummita, March 09, 2004, 12:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "alyeesha"Gimbiya, i am gonna tell u again ban falasa kai na ba. i'm jst being real sincere wid u. cus u gatta have a reason 4 all this jealousy u r portrayin. anyways i also think u have guts thou that contradicts ma believe but ma reason 4 this is dat u mite be true. reason also y i'm angry is cus u all r generalisin the issue. ::) people r different n i kno alot of people who skool abroad n dont act the way u r sayin. why diss the whole bunch. if u wanna diss peeps diss the ones that do it. moreover if u stay in a place 4 a long tyme its natural u have to adapt some of theoir culture or ways of coversin. when u converse wid them daily u tend to talk like them cus they are the majority n its called adaptation. so pls stop generalisin cus not all of us have girman kai.  ;)

Wow!!! so you think I'm jealous??? You really need to read what I wrote before

dan kauye

Quote from: "ali_grema"thats true!!!its only when we appreciate our selves thats when people/the world will respect us!!!so bros and sis's lets be ourselves(our true colour) and lets dance to our drums....

hmn.....ali_grema,dont take dis personal n i dont mean 2 launch a personal attack on u ,but.......uhmm.....u seem 2 me lyke dose yankee fakies.lol.juss kiddin.....amma kuma nayi mamakin refrence dinka gareni cewa ni ba dan-kauye bane....ol dsame..wait 4 d ultimate proof soonest boi...peace. :!:  :D
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

dan kauye

well said well done,dis thread reely portrays d reality of som naija guys n guyesses,but i strongly disblive d fact dat everybody dat travells out do juss dat,though i've heard of people who front coz dey hav been outta  naija,gud enuff 4 dan-kauye i've got freinds who take trip outta naija on yearly basis but neva front not even 1ce ,mayb dey are d down 2 earth kinda guys....and i think it haz 2 do wif attitude n lack of proper xposure especially  irin-wanda suka yi kudi tasama ko'''' kuma sabon kudi'''' as dey are generally refered as....lol..peace :D  :!:

dan kauye

Quote from: "Hafsy_Lady"
Quote from: "straightalkin" for goodness sake when obasanjo speaks on CNN they have to put subtitles!!!!!!!!!! shame

WAYYO ALLAH CIKINA. HA HA HA HA HA.............YOU DONT MEAN IT??? SUBTITLES?? WHAT!!!!?
IF OBANSANJO SPEAKS ENGLISH, YOU BE THINKING WHAT IN LORDS NAME IS HE ON ABOUT? NOT TO MENTION HOW LONG HIS SPEECHES ARE.

BUT HONESTLY, YORUBA HAVE  THICK ENGLISH ACCENT, HAUSA & IGBO THEIR ACCENT IS NOT AS THICK AS YORUBAS.........BECAUSE THEY PRONOUNCE EVERY SINGUL LE-T-T-ER. I MET THIS YORUBA DUDE WHO WENT TO YANKEE AND CAME BACK, VISITING MY BROTHER WE WATCHED DRAMA!!!. EVEN HIS PIGIN ENGLISH WAS IN SLANGS. HE GOES TO MY BROTHER "WERRIN DEY HAN" MEANING WETIN DEY HAPPUN.........

NACE SHOWWWWWWWWW :?
[/b]

u mean it 2????? lol....... :D  :D  :D  :D lol.....lol..i cant help but laff out loud lyke a mad fellow,wallahi har ciki na ya kusa fashewa.....yeah its tru dat yuroba people hav d worst accent among naijans but funny enuff,dey are olweiz d wans picking @ dere hausa counterparts .lol...aint it ironic????

cheesecake

this is such a shame,so you ppl think that nig who live abroad are stuck up and lack manners,well to tell you the truth i do not entirely disaggree with you but rather i would like to point out to you that generalisation is often adopted by the narrow minded.yes alot of ppl who live abroad do act that way,but don't you think that ppl who live in nigeria also do have their own set of flaws.Go to our universities,our wedding ceremoniies or better yet check out our streets and see how some people behave and portray themselves in such unislamic manners and dress codes.besides if you guys feel that bad about ppl living abroad why don't you tell them to their faces rather than bashing them online,don't you think thats a little cowardly

ummita

errrr, first of all u moss welkom 2 dis forum cheesecake.
Secondly, I am among those who indulged in dis discussion and wud like 2 say a few......(Can I?) Ok Thanks! I very well believe u r very intelligent and u can clearly differenciate between SOME & ALL......& if u hav clearly read thru, NONE of us said ALLLLLLLLLLL nija's abroadians behave in such a manner. Moreso, dis thread is based on every onces opinion, u can very well agreeeee 2 disagreeeee, individual opinions & u r very well 2 say ur mind of which u've done so, which I also did agree 2 disagree wit you last sentence. Shud note, that comin 2 discuss issues openly is not COWARDICE and if u ask me d opposite of COWARDICE I'd say or cud term it as BOLDNESS!! (she laffs). Furthermore, wen we tlk bout people & behaviour is not cowardice or bashin dem behind dey bck online, besides we did not specifically point our fingas on one or all nigerians abroad, we said SOME. U tell me, how many ppl tlk bout Obasanjo: how some hate him, badmouthed him & some said if perfect is everything den he is! How many ppl spoke of Saddam online, Bush Tony, Bin-Lad, even afta he'z gone Abacha is still being spoken of ONLINEEE in million websites 2 even limit things KANOOLINE in particular has spoken of dese political leaders quadrillion tyms does it mean dey cowards or MOST face them in their faces & tell dem so :? Check this: Sociologist study human behaviour, conduct research on eg: juveniles & put out their reports ONLINEEE!....we speak of all theseeeeeeeee and its not at all cowardice Everyone has a 2 right freedom of speech, freedom 2 say ur mind & freedom 2 know, 2 undastand 2 oppose & dispose. We dnt feel bad bout ppl leavin abroaddddddddd. Besides dis topic aint no big deal. Its juss a thread dat u can pose ur opinion but I seriously dnt think its cowardness. Anywayz, seemz u feel bad bout it.....my dear we apologise but d topic is a pieace of cake....in fact its a pieace of cheesecake! :wink:
Once more u welkom

Shall we proceeddddddddddddd?..........................................
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

IBB

IHS

ummita

Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

gogannaka

Quote from: "cheesecake"this is such a shame,so you ppl think that nig who live abroad are stuck up and lack manners,well to tell you the truth i do not entirely disaggree with you but rather i would like to point out to you that generalisation is often adopted by the narrow minded.yes alot of ppl who live abroad do act that way,but don't you think that ppl who live in nigeria also do have their own set of flaws.Go to our universities,our wedding ceremoniies or better yet check out our streets and see how some people behave and portray themselves in such unislamic manners and dress codes.besides if you guys feel that bad about ppl living abroad why don't you tell them to their faces rather than bashing them online,don't you think thats a little cowardly

You got the whole thing wrong cheesecake......read thru the posts again...
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Eskimo

Hiss one thousand tyms!
when so so person was in London...when my friend in Alabama get back home....my cousin from Japan...mts (hiss).

Everybody is desperately trying to show that he was once abroad..or is still there or they know someone abroad..wai su masu abokai yan yankee (yanki) imma yan tsumma ne! who cares!

are you not all guilty of what Ummi said in the beginning..SHE TOO MAY BE GUILTY OF THE SAME OFFENCE!

I dont see any offence when someone is trying to speak a language the way the first speakers are. if someone is speaking what you call slang, instead of you to admire his guts you are here hating him..most likely outta jealousy!

una no get work! :!: playa hataz!

hiss..hiss gain and again hiss...Allah wadan naka ya lalace, rakumin dawa yaga na gida!
color=blue]NOBODY is PERFECT and I am NOBODY.[/color]

cheesecake

hey, as gogannaka  noted that i got it all wrong,well i don't think i did,infact i was right on point and that was the issue.And as ummita noted that  she was all about ' free speech' ,well every body is,the fact that i said to tell them to  their faces i meant at the exact time an abroadian does something wrong point out to him that that's not right, for instance when an abroadian utters the 'f' word ,'f' him back,when they talk yankee tell them this ain't Newyork and when they dress like trash get them a hijab and demand that they cover up or you'll get the hisbah guy,pretty scary huh.