News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Gyaran chikin birnin kano............

Started by shehu usman ali, August 11, 2009, 02:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakangizo

Quote from: gogannaka on March 01, 2010, 05:10:05 PM
Thanks for the information Muhsin.
I would have loved to know where the markets are and which commercial bank is sponsoring the projects.

The fish market is situated along the Eastern Byepass, IIRC. The ultra modern market is the same Kanawa Economic Project. It is being part-financed by Oceanic Bank. However, with the snail speed at which the project is executed, I doubt it would be concluded during this administration. I'm not surprised because since it is a PPP with a bank, we all know the situations of the banks now. So Oceanic bank would be hard pressed to meet its obligations on the project.

QuoteBKGZ,ni ma da na je ban ga shuwa ko daya ba.
I think it is not a fault if i want Kano to be like London. I even want it to be better.

Ai ina ji shuwa-shuwa nan su DB kadai suka san inda suke boye su. Amma fa ka san cewa ba kowace shuwa ce mai kyau ba. Most of dem no fine sef. E be like say na exargeration.

Dan-Borno

Quote from: gogannaka on March 01, 2010, 05:10:05 PM
BKGZ,ni ma da na je ban ga shuwa ko daya ba.

ko dai ayi tofin Ala tsine in bakaga shuwa a *Kasuwan Shanu ba?
lallai yau za ayi tonon silili a gidannan

* Kasuwan Shanu is a shuwa arab dominated area in Maiduguri
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

IBB

Kai gaskia nima banga shuwa ba ko daya. Ko suna tsoron zafin rana ne?
IHS

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

bakangizo

Quote from: IBB on March 01, 2010, 11:35:48 PM
Kai gaskia nima banga shuwa ba ko daya. Ko suna tsoron zafin rana ne?

Wane tsoron rana za su ji? Bakake ne wulik irin mu ;D Kai ko DB yafi da yawa daga cikin su haske!

gogannaka

LOL,DB idan ma zan gan su ai ba a kasuwa zan gan su ba.
Sai dai ko Unimaid da ka kai ni.

You need to advice your government to standardise that market.
I was highly impressed with the market.
If only they could relocate the street traders into the market and provide good storage facilities and sanitation,it would be world class.

I also heard the Yankaba vegetable market and Yanlemo fruit market in Kano would be modernised.
Ni sai dai na gani a jarida amma bana jin labarin cewa an soma aiki.
Su kuma a ina suke?
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

gogannaka

Went to Kano recently.
I noticed the rate at which stores were being built.
I particularly noticed the ones at Gwarzo road.
Alot of them lined the streets but there wasn't a toilet in any of them.
Where will the people answer to the call of nature.
Kuma the rate at which people build shops is alarming.
The whole of the town is basically a market now.
Allah ya kyauta.

gogannaka

Ana wata ga wata:

Just learnt that Kantin kwari market has burnt.
The fire started since 1am and has been raging uop till 1pm. That is 12 hrs.
Over 500 shops have been burnt down completely.
The national emergency management agency had to deploy a helicopter to fight the fire.
People say that the state fire service ran out of water and the chopper fetches water from a pond on court road.

IBB

What caused it? Cigarette butt ko Zakka ce bata fita? Allah ya kiyaye gaba
IHS

gogannaka

It was caused by an electric spark that occurred when PHCN restored power to the market late at night.
There are many wooden tables covered with polythene bags in and around the marketplace.
Also all the shops had generators and some spare fuel because of the unavailability of electricity.
All these factors contributed greatly to the fire.

Allah ya mayar musu da alheri. Alot of money was lost.
Abun haushi kuma, freedom radio now kept airing inciting comments in order to elevate their feud with the government.
They reported that the fire service could not produce a bucket of water to fight the fire.
There were 16 fire fighting vehicles deployed to the market and they fought tirelessly and at no time were they out of water.
Their commentators kept asking where the billions of Naira spent for the tamburawa water works were. Imagine such unprofessional comments.

bakangizo

Quote from: gogannaka on March 15, 2010, 10:52:32 AM
It was caused by an electric spark that occurred when PHCN restored power to the market late at night.
There are many wooden tables covered with polythene bags in and around the marketplace.
Also all the shops had generators and some spare fuel because of the unavailability of electricity.
All these factors contributed greatly to the fire.

Allah ya mayar musu da alheri. Alot of money was lost.
Abun haushi kuma, freedom radio now kept airing inciting comments in order to elevate their feud with the government.
They reported that the fire service could not produce a bucket of water to fight the fire.
There were 16 fire fighting vehicles deployed to the market and they fought tirelessly and at no time were they out of water.
Their commentators kept asking where the billions of Naira spent for the tamburawa water works were. Imagine such unprofessional comments.

You got the details right. Your first post on this, when you wrote that it was alledged that the fire service ran out of water, I knew the story has "freedom radio" written all over it. But I waited till I got to Kano over the weekend to confirm teh details of the fire incident. The Fire Service was there battling it to the end, aided by the NEMA helicopter. Private companies like Dantata & Sawoe, Standard Plastic Industies, etc, all sent in their water tankers and fire fighting equipments. This was a fire incident like no other. Over 3000 shops were burnt.

Freedom radio is now a stupid radio station. Very unprofessional and partisan. I have since stopped listening to them.

I heard there wwere fire incidents as well two markets in Bauchi and Maiduguri in the last two days.. Over 300 shops were burnt in Bauchi. Allah ya sauwake.

gogannaka

Its quite a catastrophe.

Ai freedom radio,ever since they lost their former GM na daina sauraron su.
They were supposed to be sympathizing with the traders.

They state's economy will be affected by the fire.
I hope the state will use this opportunity to reorganize the markets and train the traders on methods of fire and accident prevention.
The traders need to be enlightened about the different kind of insurance policies that will help them in this kind of situation.

Dan-Borno

what happened at kwari market is a tragedy, may Allah the
most high replace all what have been lost during the incidence.
this tragedy, is not only to the people of kano state but the
whole of nigeria and arewa in particular, because this market
serves as the centre point of all texttile business in the region
and both close and far neighbouring african countries.

as a muslim, i have been made to accept all things that came
my way as an act of God - may Allah guide us.

this incidence should be an eye opener to not only kantin kwari
people but its a signal to all other markets in nigeria.  during an
infernor in the famous maiduguri monday market, fire fighters
were not able to reach out because of the lack of passage in
the market and it was allowed to burn down completely but thanks
to this government, it has decongest the market and bulldozed
all illegal construction within the market, you can now freely
move within the market with your car or motorcycle unlike before.

this is the right time kantin kwari market will be modernised to give
access road into the market.  fire fighting equipment such as fire
extinguishers should be made compulsory in every shop - they can
do it, just as they roared on customs officers years back.

this picture is a memory of kantin kwari which i visited last two weeks
infact, i snapped this picture in admiration of the commitment of the
young men in the market

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

bakangizo

Yes. It is indeed time to rebuild the market to conform with modernity and safety standards. But knowing our people, expect a fierce resistance. It is plain unfortunate that in this country, and particularly this part of the country, we are not organized. We don't anticipate problems and work towards avoiding them. No, we simply wait until they happen, then we start scrambling for solutions.

HUSNAA

I agree with you BKG. If anything ai kafin kantin kwari ta kone, there have been serious fires at Sabon gari market and singer in the last two yrs. Singer's case ought to alert kantin kwari since congestion at singer went a long way towards an almost complete incineration of the depot. People should have taken precaution since then and taken heed in the literal sense, of the saying that ''in kaga gemun dan uwanka ya kama da wuta, ka shafa wa naka ruwa''. Well no one did and this is the result.
As for Freedom Radio, well it is boring, however, as I am not much in cahoots with the incumbent govt, I am not going to diss FR. I think they are absolutely right when they criticized the govt.  It is rather contradictory to say that the fire service was very active when all the water and equipments were supplied by the private sector (NEMA helicopter, Dantata and Sawoe Standard Plastics  all sent their water tankers and fire fighting equipments). So why did all these companies have to come to the aid of the fire service if it were adequately equipped by the state govt? Wai ba za a fadi gaskiya bane? Suma yan fire service din, in da za a ji ta bakinsu da sai sun kyamaci gwamnatin nan. Dan dai ita ke biyan su albashi shi yasa baza su ce wani aibu akan ta ba. Amma kuma if truth be told, ai its their lives that are constantly in danger throu the gross negligence of the govt!!!!!
Wannan fashe fashen titunan ma went a  great way in slowing down efforts to put out the fire!! Amma kuma wai in an fada sai ace wai Freedom radio sun ci mutuncin gwamnati! Wai ita in gwamnatin arziki ce, ta kyale ai criticizing din ta mana!! We are not living under a dictatorship and in any case u cant please everybody so its simply being naive and stupid not to expect ciriticism...
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum