News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Game: Ask the Person Below You

Started by Muhsin, December 13, 2007, 01:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gogannaka

I doubt if moi kibaki won...
@ Husnaa:- in Kibaki's case Odinga was leading the count till the very last minute when the figures were swapped....Buhari kuwa dama tun tuni Yar'adua yayi mishi nisa..Babu lokacin da akace Buhari yana gaba a kidayar.

Muhsin Odinga has called off the opposition rally he earlier called.I think he might have to succumb to the Unity Govt.

GAME:
Do you know any country outside of Africa that is marred by Deadly election violence after each election?
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

Errr America (USA) After each election, the incumbent president  makes war on some country... lets look at recent times...

Who was president during the Korean war in the 50s?
Kennedy.. Bay of Pigs Fiasco.. with Cuba
Johnson and Nixon... vietnam war;
Gerald Ford... not sure
Carter... Iran the failed attempt to rescue hostages from Iranian embassy that cost him the second term.
Reagan... Iran and Libya
Bush the first Afghanistan and Iraq
Clinton.. Iraq
Bush the second.. Iraq Afghanistan and any country that happens to catch his fancy..e.g iran

erm.. these are deadly election violences because if the election hadnt taken place there wouldnt have been the presidents to attack these countries ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on January 07, 2008, 07:27:47 PM
Errr America (USA) After each election, the incumbent president  makes war on some country... lets look at recent times...

Who was president during the Korean war in the 50s?
Kennedy.. Bay of Pigs Fiasco.. with Cuba
Johnson and Nixon... vietnam war;
Gerald Ford... not sure
Carter... Iran the failed attempt to rescue hostages from Iranian embassy that cost him the second term.
Reagan... Iran and Libya
Bush the first Afghanistan and Iraq
Clinton.. Iraq
Bush the second.. Iraq Afghanistan and any country that happens to catch his fancy..e.g iran

erm.. these are deadly election violences because if the election hadnt taken place there wouldnt have been the presidents to attack these countries ;D ;D ;D ;D

I don't think that answered Gogannaka's question, did it? No. He said which country is marred (by its citizens and in its own land), for instance Kenya, Uganda, Congo, and other African countries, but outside African teritory like in Europe, Asia, Middle East, etc. But you said America and instead of saying its destroyed following holding so-so election you said it makes war upon other country after so-so election.

To your question, I think Finland did something akin to whats happening in Kenya but its NOT as worst as that of Kenya. But they a bit violently did protest.

Game;
Why prejudice exist in almost all nooks and crannies of African teritories? You'll hear of such related violences in Sudan, Ivory Coast, Rwanda, and now Kenya. Why? Don't other countries also have a number different tribes in their countries? Why here?
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Quote from: Muhsin on January 08, 2008, 10:21:57 AM
I don't think that answered Gogannaka's question,
Of course I know that! Spoil sport >:( >:(

HUSNAA

Quote from: Muhsin on January 08, 2008, 10:21:57 AMWhy prejudice exist in almost all nooks and crannies of African teritories? You'll hear of such related violences in Sudan, Ivory Coast, Rwanda, and now Kenya. Why? Don't other countries also have a number different tribes in their countries? Why here?

Prejudice exists everywhere! Try going out of Nigeria to some western country or middle eastern country or some oriental country and see if u dont meet up with prejudice. In places where u are a foreigner, fear of what one doesnt  know or something alien to one's culture and everyday encounters makes one prejudiced. On the other hand tribalism is also not unique to Africans. Look what happened to between Serbs,Croats and Bosnians. The English didnt like the Irish at one time. The scots want to have autonomy from the English;  Aborigines all over the world are being discriminated upon... the native american indians, the australian aborigines and the maoris of new zealand are a few example.. So its really not confined to africa. Ours is more noticeable because it comes on the heels of so many other ills like poverty and illiteracy.

gogannaka

Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on January 08, 2008, 03:16:49 PM
Quote from: Muhsin on January 08, 2008, 10:21:57 AM
I don't think that answered Gogannaka's question,
Of course I know that! Spoil sport >:( >:(

You scared me! Was it because I don't grasp what you really meant? ??? ::)

And thanks for that educative response on prejudice and tribalism. It really added me more. Well done Aunty!

Quote from: gogannaka on January 08, 2008, 07:33:25 PM
Ask the person below you!

Ask the person below you too!

There is something thats been surprising me, really surprising me concerning sour relationship between US govt (Bush) and that of Cuba (Castro); how and why despite all that long lasted aversion and hatred between the two countries presidents that Cuba allowed US to have a base, a military parastatal namely Guantanamoe? Is that not a very amazing spot? Please help me out my good people!
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

GoodFella

Quote from: Muhsin on January 10, 2008, 11:35:08 AM

There is something thats been surprising me, really surprising me concerning sour relationship between US govt (Bush) and that of Cuba (Castro); how and why despite all that long lasted aversion and hatred between the two countries presidents that Cuba allowed US to have a base, a military parastatal namely Guantanamoe? Is that not a very amazing spot? Please help me out my good people!

I know actually but I can guess is because they are both non-muslims country and those detaied there are muslims.  As says Qur'an; "Ba'aduhum auliyaa'u ba'ad" They have the same voice. But God know!

I'll not ask another question because this one isn't fully answered. After Husnaa or Gogannaka or others tried. ???
Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if he or she were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do so with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
— Og Mandino (Motivational Author & Speaker)

HUSNAA

Quote from: GoodFella on January 11, 2008, 10:45:52 AM
Quote from: Muhsin on January 10, 2008, 11:35:08 AM

I know actually but I can guess is because they are both non-muslims country and those detaied there are muslims.  As says Qur'an; "Ba'aduhum auliyaa'u ba'ad" They have the same voice. But God know!

I'll not ask another question because this one isn't fully answered. After Husnaa or Gogannaka or others tried. ???

lol My good man! thanks for the vote of confidence!  ;D ;D ;D ;D  I dont know the answer myself, but it is likely that the region of cuba where guantanamo bay exists was previously annexed by the americans so that it is under their control up to now? maybe it was made over to the ameircans through an agreement between Cuba and America before Castro came into power? Surely one might find out by searching the internet. Anyway that was the most seriously interesting post that Muhsin has put up in a very long time. I usually find them lacklustre at best.

GoodFella

Husnaa, that'll likely be the reason but I too really wonder. Once I heard in the news that american government has had tried assasinating Castro but he escaped. So damne afterwards zai basu base in his own country's soil? Very contradictory!

Game; but again about America:

Why america care so much about Isra'el affair? Or its only because of the reason I said; they are all non-muslims? Or there is something again?
Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if he or she were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do so with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.

Lawwali

America cares about israel's Affairs because it fully knows that whoever owns the the Aqsa mosque and environs will likely rule the world and also the there is the issue of grinding islam to grassroot ground. (ALLAH ya fisu)

Q: why then do you think America got interest whereever there pre dominant muslims?
it takes oppressed and oppressor for oppression to occur

waduz

Permit me to help you a little. Guantanamo bay is located at the south eastern
Cuba and has been used by the US navy for more than a century. It is also the
oldest overseas US navy base and the only one in a country which the US does not have
diplomatic relations. The US controls the bay under a lease set up in wake of the
spanish-american war of 1889. The lease was established in 1903 in an agreement
between the two countries. The current cuban government comsiders the US presence
there as illegal.

There are also some US military bases that are much bigger and better equipped than guantanamo
bay. The one in Turkey known as Incirlik base is bigger and occupies a very large land area.
It has various types of weapons due to its proximity to the mideast that is of great military
concern to the US.

The other base is the one in Japan known as Okinawa base. It is also big, but not as big
as Incirlik in Turkey. It was established so that the US can keep Japan, Vietnam and the rest on
constant and quick checks in case of trouble.

HUSNAA

Quote from: Lawwali on January 11, 2008, 11:23:29 AM
America cares about israel's Affairs because it fully knows that whoever owns the the Aqsa mosque and environs will likely rule the world and also the there is the issue of grinding islam to grassroot ground. (ALLAH ya fisu)

America cares about Israeli affairs because Jews are the wealthiest ppl in America (and the whole world) and they effectively control the US government behind closed doors. For both republicans and Democrats, Jewish cash is a hefty percentage  of the money that flows into their campaign coffers. So naturally Israeli interests are paramount on their agenda.

Quote from: waduz on January 11, 2008, 11:32:31 AM
Permit me to help you a little. Guantanamo bay is located at the south eastern
Cuba and has been used by the US navy for more than a century. It is also the
oldest overseas US navy base and the only one in a country which the US does not have
diplomatic relations. The US controls the bay under a lease set up in wake of the
spanish-american war of 1889. The lease was established in 1903 in an agreement
between the two countries. The current cuban government comsiders the US presence
there as illegal.

There are also some US military bases that are much bigger and better equipped than guantanamo
bay. The one in Turkey known as Incirlik base is bigger and occupies a very large land area.
It has various types of weapons due to its proximity to the mideast that is of great military
concern to the US.

The other base is the one in Japan known as Okinawa base. It is also big, but not as big
as Incirlik in Turkey. It was established so that the US can keep Japan, Vietnam and the rest on
constant and quick checks in case of trouble.

I guess guantanamo bay was a perfect choice then for keeping the prisoners because u cant keep them in Turkey, its too close to the middleast and Islam and  Muslims will not countenance such a thing. In fact there'd be more suicide bombings and break iins to rescue the prisoners. The americans wouldnt be able to torture them like they do (although there was abu ghraib, but in the end it had to stop, but nothing's stopped so far on Guantanamo).

They cant keep them in japan because it will be too much of a reminder of its wicked past for japan and also  it's stand as a pacifist country may not make it possible for the americans to keep the prisoners there. Cuba is very close to america, so america za ta iya cin karen ta ba babbaka as it has been doiing to the prisoners

Muhsin

Quote from: Lawwali on January 11, 2008, 11:23:29 AM
Q: why then do you think America got interest whereever there pre dominant muslims?

Wants get access to them and then fight them either directly or indirectly, i.e either you get aware of it or you are bluff that they are helping you. For instance Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Turkey (hmm Turkey are already :o), now Nigeria and other countries. But they never have good mission upon muslims and muslims countries, am teeling you.

Kai my good people! What a very impressive thread you have turn this into! Thanks to GFella, Aunty Husnaa (more especially for her recomendation), mal. Waduz, Lawwali and everyone. I feel like I pay for such very nice bits of imformation. As I solely believe with one saying of one liberary professor; to live effectively is to live with adequate information.

One question pops another. Now to Middle East unending conflict;

I had long ago posted a thread about Hamas and Fatah faction islamic groups. There my mood was very sad and disappointed but I now, or almost since condemned and denounced their thoughtlessness and decided let them fend for themselves and do their own affair because how comes as they are always saying La'ilahaillallah be fighting one another, killing themselves and other innocent civilians? You see...this is palpably irrational and senseless.

And as Aunty Husnaa and Lawwali said about their relation with America, I don't think and never imagine there would be a day that US will disapprove of single action commited by Israel.

Any way, how do you think this conflict could be resolved? Because am very sure what America and her allies are calling "road-map to middle east" and current Bush's visit won't be fair to Palastinians. They must favour Israel.

GoodFella

Quote from: Muhsin on January 11, 2008, 11:58:31 AM
Any way, how do you think this conflict could be resolved? Because am very sure what America and her allies are calling "road-map to middle east" and current Bush's visit won't be fair to Palastinians. They must favour Israel.

This I heard would last till last day of this world. No resolution.

Game:

Who among Fatah and Hamas are supposed to be blamed most concerning their dispute?