News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

If I had My Way...

Started by *~MuDa~*, January 12, 2008, 03:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amira

Ai kuwa ina ballot box in yake DB mu fara jefa katin vote ;D
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

IBB

Quote from: Dan-Borno on July 04, 2008, 02:08:50 PM
Sai kinyi ko ba'a sonki.

LOL
a sota dai, zai fi.

Quote from: HUSNAA on July 04, 2008, 04:38:21 AM
IIHMW I would a desalination plant in Lagos, dredge the Niger and Benue rivers to make way for ships, build underground irrigation channels, pump the desalinated water from Lagos and PortHarcourt to the North and sell some of it to the neighboring landlocked countries. IIHMW I would scrap plans for a nuclear station in Nigeria and replace with solar panels (New technologies are making them cheaper). If I had my way, I'd have every Nigerian kid well educated so that we become the powerhouse that Yar adua is dreaming of by 2020.

V.Good views
IHS

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: Dan-Borno on July 04, 2008, 02:08:50 PM
VOTE FOR HUSNAA 2011

Six Point Agenda:

1. Desalination plant in Lagos
2. Dredge the Niger and Benue rivers to make way for ships
3. Build underground irrigation channels,
4. Pump the desalinated water from Lagos and PortHarcourt to the North and sell some of it to the     
    neighboring landlocked countries.
5. Scrap plans for a nuclear station in Nigeria and replace with solar panels (New technologies are making 
    them cheaper).
6. Have every Nigerian kid well educated so that we become the powerhouse that Yar adua is dreaming of
    by 2020.

Sai kinyi ko ba'a sonki.

I totally, completely and wholeheartedly second this motion. You should go for politics Aunty
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

bakangizo

Hajia don't let anyone ya zuga ki ki shiga cikin wannan kwamacalar ta naija. Politics abi politics ni? So many evils dey for naija politics. Shima DB da ya ke son ingizaki, ai it is bcos he's part of the 'Ruling By Force Party'. Duk wata manuba sun iya ta ;D

gogannaka

Husnaa, don't let any outside force deter you from such great ambition.
Good luck.
You have my vote.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

You guys.
Make uwa no make my head grow like over ripe pumpkin ooooooooooooo ;D ;D ;D ;D
No to be honest, this is what we need. The old technologies are just not feasible becos the means whereby we get the resources are disappearing, for example  we have less rainfall so less freshwater is available, but at the same time, there is the ocean which is ever increasing. So why not harness its resources.. water for example? The point is that things like this ought to be done NOW, when Nigeria has the money rolling in. Its very expensive, but instead of distributing the cash to the thirty six states every month and watch it disappear down the drain, why cant the government take one project which will be beneficial to everyone in the country and concentrate on it? Who knows in the future whether we will have the opportunities to do so, when the world is trying its best to get out from under the oil cartel by inventing all sorts of bases for alternative energy? 
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

LOL...Aunty. Where was I during all that campaign?  :D

Have my support and vote also. ;D
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: Muhsin on July 06, 2008, 10:56:25 AM

I even thought you wanted to contribute something, i didnt even know you also had to be a fan, daman antyn ka ce!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

IBB

Quote from: *~MuDa~* on July 06, 2008, 04:26:58 PM
Quote from: Muhsin on July 06, 2008, 10:56:25 AM

I even thought you wanted to contribute something, i didnt even know you also had to be a fan, daman antyn ka ce!

Kai Muda let the guy breathe mana haba. Pls dont chase him away he has been under attack from all angle lately
IHS

Muhsin

LOL...IBB. You, many at times, had me riotously laughing.

Muda, what am I supposed to do, anyway? I've to only support my Auntie, koba haka ba?
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

*~MuDa~*

Ai idan baka yi bama we will suspect something is wrong, but its not an attack, IBB its a comment...lol!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

Dan-Borno

IIHMW I will resuscitate the abandoned railway system of
transportation in naija.

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

bakangizo

IIHMW, I would give you the authourity and the funds to do that! We really, really need the rail system back functioning  ASAP!

HUSNAA

IIHMW, I would become councillor to of a ward in Kano state. My first act would be to take a popn census of all the ppl in the ward, to find out number of men women, children; number of kids enrolled in schools, which schs they go to, which is nearest hospital frequented by the popn.
I will order some high resolution satellite images of the ward and have a map of ward drawn and its boundaries so I know where it begins and where it ends and also this will give me an idea of where to concentrate services like clinics and schs and public water works

I will distribute questionnaires to each household for them to state 10 of their most immediate or pressing social/civic needs.
I would have a clinic  and maternity hospital built within the ward solely for the use of the ppl.
I will build a youth centre so that vocational training like carpentry, metal welding sewing weaving etc is taught to the ward kids free of charge. Computer training will be available at a small fee.
I will  get them to form local sports teams and use the youth centre for such activities as football basketball, badminton and other games that will keep the kids off the streets. We will also have a giant screening board for when international football matches are played, so everyone can come and watch and parents know where their kids are most of the time. 
I would have an evening sch built and ask stake holders to contribute as part time teachers for the kids. This is becos my budget cannot cover the cost of building a full fledged sch and employing full time teachers for it.
I would liase with some international firms on the cheapest source of electricity generation. If possible, we work out a plan whereby individual houses get equipped with solar panels at a subsidized cost and then get the beneficiaries to pay instalmentally for a number of years.
We will have gutter cleaning sessions and all the effluent will collected and processed. I heard that there are processing plants in Lagos and other parts of Nigeria which turn waste into fertilizer. We will liase with these companies and sell our rubbish to them, and we in turn get organic fertilizer at a subsidized rate so if there are any budding farmers in the wards, they can take advantage of this.
Water supply is one thing that will probably be beyond my capacity but even in that, we can do some rain harvesting in the rainy season and I will also encourage  residents of my ward to plant tree seedlings and take care of them. There will be things like rewards ( maybe a holiday in Kenya or  cape verde for who ever is able to successfully plant so many x number of neem trees in a year. I say neem tree because it is fast growing and grows very well in harsh environments unlike our indigenous trees.

There are many other things I'd really like to do if I become a ward councillor. I believe that if we start small there is nothing that cant be done.
ofcourse I'd hold a sort of council meeting every fortnight or month where all the elders of the wards participate fully in all acitivities so that they ensure the full cooperation of everyone. Sitting allowances of say N10,000 each will be paid to invited attendees. I hope my chairman who ever that is will be very supportive cos that is where the budget will be coming from.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

bakangizo

Phew!! Hajia, e be like say u dey prepare for politics true true. Irin wannan hadadden manifesto haka ;D