News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

KILLING OF SA'ADATU RIMI

Started by MySeLf, January 18, 2006, 07:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MySeLf

Inna lillahi wainna ilaihil raju'un!
May her soul rest in peace!
But for what reason does she deserve to be slaughter like that?
a woman for that matter......Why?
Subhanallah! Where is the security?
Allah ya jikanta yakuma kyautata namu zuwan amin.
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

neozizo

Inna lillahi wainna ilaihil raju'un!
Allah (SWT) YA JI Kan ta YA sa tahuta.
ALLAH YA bawa magatanta hakuri, ya saka musu da Alheri, YA kuma basu ladan Hakuri da ikon SA.Allah YA basu daman ci gaba da yimata Addu'a.

ALLAH(SWT) YA kuma taunawa az-zaliman da suka aikata wannan mu-munan aiki asiri.
Amin.

mallamt

Allah ya jikanta Allah Yasa ta huta.  This is indeed a big shock when did we in kano degenrate to this type of violence? haba?  It sounds like the target was the husband, what kind of thing is this?

dan kauye

My heart really bleeds for her family,i don't remember when last i got shocked to the last power this much.it's ridiculously pathetic how much crime people are willing to indulge in just for politics sake... :(  :(

i got the news late as i'm  hardly ever  interested in anything nigerian anymore..i can't deal with negative energy.. :(

i still remember it vividly when she was at my aunt's with some kids to get her sewn dress..she's a very nice woman   & wud be fondly missed & remembered. :(

ALLAH ya ji kanta,ALLAH  kuma ya bawa familin ta ikon hakuri da wannan babban rashi.ALLAH  kuma ya shirya mana wannan kasa tamu da ta dosa inda ba'a sani ba.AMEEN ! :(
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

isyus

Amin ,in tamu tazo Allah yasa mu cika da imani.
:?:
ne day one young cantact me in my office in order to ask me something about the last lecture i deliver in hall,. what are you expected/

Ete

Does anyone have any information concerning the eventual resolution of this homicde? Or did it
just fizzle away like everything else in Nigeria does?
Given the initial publicity to this homicide, I was hoping to see some real investigative
work performed by law enforcement. I was alos hoping that arrests would follow and that would
lead to proscutions, and an eventual closure for the family of the deceased woman.
To my disappointment however, the case has simply disappeared from the media. I do recall
Alhaji Rimi issuing a press conference about 4 days after his wife's murder, and announcing
quite prematurely I must add, that his wife's killer had been apprehended by the police.
He further went on to add that the suspect was a mentally disturb individual that was also a
resident in his compound or household.

A couple of things appear wrong with this picture. Initial police report confirm that
there was no evidence of a break in into the Rimi residence on the night of the homicide.
Secondly, Rimi himself happened not to be home that particular night. Of course, there is
always the argument that given his political ties and role, it is not unsual for him to be
away attending political meetings. This makes his absence from his home that night a purely
circumstantial event.

However, it is quite unusual that a grieving husband, would be the one issuing a press
statement informing the public that the homicide was solved and his wife's killer apprehended.
The police captain heading that investigation should have issued that statement if in fact
he had reached that conclusion based on evidence recovered and processed from the crime scene.
So why did Rimi issue that Press conference so suddenly, when there was no way possible that
homicide could have been solved in a couple of days? Why did he want the investigation over with?

The other thing that raises question here is that according to Rimi, the suspected killer of
his wife was a mentally disturbed person also residing in his household.
The question then becomes, has this individual exhibited violent behavior in the past?
A person with a history of psychiatric disorder demonstrates this disorder in several ways.
Some display violence against themselves and others, while others just suffer from some
form of demential, but there is a pattern of behavior. This means this person would have
at some prior point in time, exhibited violent behavior, and it would have been prudent
to remove the individual and have him placed in psychiatric facility where he can
medicated and under professional supervision.

If this man was crazy, mad, or insane as Rimi suggested in his press conference, did he not
know that housing someone with a history of insanity posses a real danger to his family?
Did he not know this, or was he just plain irresposible? Eitherway, the fact that he had
knowledge of the man's mental state, yet housed him on his property alongside his people
makes him culpable in this homicide. This culpability cannot be ignored and here is why;

It was reported that one of Rimi's son that died in the same week his wife was murdered was
undergoing treatment in a Drug rehab facility in Lagos. Someone with a drug addiction
problem is usually a danger to his or herself. However, it appears Rimi was well aware of
the dangers of drug addiction, and was right in making sure that son was admitted to a
drug rehab center so he could get help. That was indeed the right environment for that son.
How is it possible then that failed to make the same judgement call for someone else that
needed greater help and should as a safety concern measure, been isolated from the public
and placed in an environment where treatment and supervision should have followed? What is
the expplanation for this, if indeed this person was responsible for his wife's death?
Things do not add up quite well here.

HUSNAA

To,
Fourteen ppl have been arraigned before a magistrate's court or high court in Kano for the murder of Rimi's wife. The defendants include Aminu Babba dan Agundi and his brother. I think he was implicated in another murder some years ago, but no hard evidence was brought or found against him. Allah Ya sawwake dai Amin.
Anyone think he is capable of murder? Any thoughts from anyone? Is there some mental instability running through some members of that family?
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Baruti M. Kamau

Where can I get more info on Sa'adatu Rimi's murder?  If you don't want to post directly to the board then send private message.  Okay?

HUSNAA

Sorry, Cant help you there. I heard it on the BBC Hausa program some days ago. But you can contact some of their staff at Bush House for more info. If you dont know anyone, I can give you one or two email addresses of some of the Hausa staff members

neozizo

Quote from: "Husnaa"Is there some mental instability running through some members of that family?
Does the cosequence of being implicated for two diffrent murders of an individual justify such blanket conclusion on the individual's family.........abi you sabi somethin wey we no sabi?

HUSNAA

Nothing is being implied on the honor of that family, I am talking about SOME members of it. Amma a abar kaza cikin gashin ta.