News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

JUJU

Started by keith, June 13, 2006, 06:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith

When we lived in Kano many years ago I remember my mother telling me about JUJU but is JUJU an urban legend or does it have any basis in reality? Also if JUJU exists then surely it cannot have much influemce in the North of Nigeria which is mainly Muslim?

HUSNAA

I believe JUJU is actually a Yoruba word that means black magic or denotes the black arts as some ppl call it. Black magic is not a sole prerogative of a particular tribe or race the whole world over. So although Juju as practiced in Yoruba land might not have influence in the Muslim North, believe me the Muslim North is not without its own forms of JUJU.

The most disturbing thing however is that occultism is becoming quite common. People dont worship the devil as such, but the diabolical acts performed in the name of money are enough to scare the devil himself. However, the number of ppl involved is miniscule, but they still manage to make life uncomfortable for the victims.
Allah dai Ya Kare mu Amin.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

keith