News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

POLIO VACCINE CONTROVERSY

Started by minister, February 25, 2004, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minister

Could we just for a minute discuss this controversy!! While our children are dying, the politicians as usual have been busy arguing about its potency and otherwise. The most logical argument i have heard to date was that by Tanko Yakasai when he said that if this governors are not comfortable with the present vaccine, they should take our money from our treasuries and buy a genuine vaccine from anywhere in the world and vaccinate our children. Let the federal government and others continue to high heavens to insist the vaccine is safe as long as we can get a safe vaccine from anywhere for our people. But please for Godsake if this is political, lets drop it and use this vaccine to stop avoidable deaths. Fellow Kanoonliners please your comments are welcome.

Gimbiya

Definatley I believe that we need the vaccine. after realising that almost 80% of polio cases are in Nigeria, figure our only way out to save the future of our children is just put politics away.I really don't know how people play this kind of games, after all those politicians bagged up enough money to travel anywhere in the world to get cured for anything for their own children and family why don't they have the heart to do it for the poor citizens of the country?
color=pink] Knoledge Saves Lives--- FAAWIN[/color]

uglychick

well to tell you the truth these people do not give a damn about saving lives or protecting the people,they're just into making the money.i can still remember when sharia was first introduced to kano state,we were all happy,and we thot it was the ultimate answer to our prayer,but to tell you the truth i'm not so sure about whats right and whats wrong.all i know is they should come to their senses and and think about the innocent kids for a change rather than themselves

Shiekh

the biggest problem of polio vaccine(ation) in kano & nigeria is that the "talakawa's" are not even aware of the dangers posed by the disease(es) and its likes. masses (talakawa's) are being used to make some money while they and their children are at the other end.
one of the serious issue to be adressed first of all is "a massive campaing". which should be thruogh reasonable individuals(in every community). i mean those that masses will understand.

then the govt should provide the vaccines.

Anonymous

The people of Kano are only playing politics with the future of our hapless children for beleiving that polio vaccine is not safe. I strongly advise that they should join the polio immunization soonest.
ALI

Shiekh

Anonymous

uglychick I definitely agree with your words.