News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Hair Dyes

Started by Blaqueen, April 06, 2003, 04:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaqueen

From Articles by Susan Clark~ www.whatreallyworks.co.uk

During research for my honours degree, I carried out laboratory-controlled tests on commercial hair dyes that we were investigating for carcinogenic activity. We found that even weak solutions caused mutations in the bacteria we were monitoring and ever since then, I have worried about chemical hair colouring.

Of course, these were not published or peer-reviewed results but they were enough for me to wonder if I was the only user of hair dyes who might be concerned. Of course, I was not - and with good reason. According to Samuel Epstein and David Steinmann, authors of The Safe Shoppers Bible, a lifetime's use of permanent and semi-permanent hair dyes, particularly dark and black colours, has been linked with an increased risk of cancer, especially non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, multiple myeloma, leukaemia, and Hodgkin's disease. There is also evidence of an increased risk of breast cancer.

Temporary dyes and rinses contain chemicals such as Acid Orange 87, Solvent Brown 44, Avid Blue 168, and Acid Violet 73 - which have all shown carcinogenic activity and which should be avoided. Bleaches are safer than dyes with few, if any long-term risks, and hair colourings using pure henna, chamomile and other herbs are safe. Also, women who start to dye their hair in their 20s have more than twice the risk of developing an associated cancer than those who delay until their 40s.

You could revert to one of the natural henna dyes - although even henna is not always what it seems. Black henna, for example, is not henna at all - but is made from the leaves of another plant called senna, which is also used as a laxative. In fact variation on the distinctive and telltale henna red, which not everyone wants to sport, will have been adulterated with other dyes. Thankfully, there are a number of manufacturers now recognizing that women want to cover grey hair or simply change hair colour without taking this risk.

*For more information regarding natural hair colouring contact Herbatint by phoning 0800-594 7706, visiting their website at www.herbatint.co.uk, or you could email them at info@organic-colour.co.uk.

~source~
http://www.whatreallyworks.co.uk/start/articles.asp?article_ID=409
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

gogannaka

seems like everything causes cancer nowadays

one has to go back to all natural products, it seems.
Allah ya karemu.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

kilishi

This is interesting topic indeed,'cos alot of people engaged in hair dying don't know the implication,please we want hear more of the findings.

Amin gg for ur prayer.
ilishi

Anonymous

Blaqueen I completely agree with your words.