News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

A White NIGERIAN PRESIDENT !!

Started by Dante, November 07, 2008, 04:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

Correct, auntie Husnaa and Dave!

LOL @ your jokes, auntie. ;D ;D ;D

Where are white president...callers?
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Dante

@ Husna: great analysis! but think of even 50 years to come under same type of rulers???, i dont know how to imagine how nigeria would look like. If you think 200 years, i will like to have your view in just 50years to come.

@ Fateez: Nice one! great analysis.

@ Dave: You sound like the type of leader were looking for. You have an eye for whats going on in Nigeria.

Dave_McEwan_Hill

I have a huge interest in what is happening in Nigeria and perhaps I'll be back someday but as I get older this becomes more unlikely.
I consider Kano to be my second home but I left Kano twenty years ago to return to Scotland.
maigemu

gogannaka

Quote from: Dave_McEwan_Hill on December 02, 2008, 08:27:29 PM
I have a huge interest in what is happening in Nigeria and perhaps I'll be back someday but as I get older this becomes more unlikely.
I consider Kano to be my second home but I left Kano twenty years ago to return to Scotland.

Dave you need to visit Kano soon.you should attend the get  together...Seriously!
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Dave_McEwan_Hill

I would love to bring my grand-daughter to see where she was born - the Maimuna Clinic in Sabon Gari
maigemu

HUSNAA

The clinic doesnt exist anymore, but you can show her the building. I think Kano State bought it and made it an annex of the tropical diseases hospital - that hospital just by (which road as you enter Sabon Gari? :-\) anyway the back of the hospital looks out on Katsina Road.

PS. I think you are the only white person I may not object to, to becoming my president becos I think you have the genuine interests of Nigerians at heart and generally your views are very moderate and you see the two sides of a coin. That cant be said for a lot of white ppl. Its a pity you left Nigeria, you could have stood a chance in the political scene, cos you might have been an active member of some NGO or philanthropic organization which would have given u access to ppl and also more publicity. I know Kano ppl are very accomodating, since they accomodated Auwalu Falalu and who else? when I get his name, I'll post it. Its hilarious...shows the brazen ingenuity of Abubakar Rimi ;D ;D ;D
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Quote from: Dave_McEwan_Hill on December 03, 2008, 12:31:53 AM
I would love to bring my grand-daughter to see where she was born - the Maimuna Clinic in Sabon Gari

Hope you'll reconsider that thought, Dave. I really will like to see your face there.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

waduz

A white President for Naija? Well, it is possible, since an igboman was caught with a japanese passport! :o

Dave_McEwan_Hill

Just picked up your generous comment , Husnaa, but don't be too hard on the whites. They're not all bad guys any more than the blacks are all bad guys or good guys or whatever.

When I arrived in Kano I met a team of dedicated white people working in education and working in education because they wanted to help. Most of them were working for lower wages than they would earn in UK as I did and most of them were totally dedicated to the service of Nigeria. (There were doctors and agriculturalists and engineers at the water works and so on doing the same.)
I can still remember the names though I'm sure most of them have passed on by now.
Ted Ward, Trevor Chivers, Reggie Taylor, Ken Pidcock, Barry Johnson and at WTC Miss Constance Sandham OBE, Anne Pickering, Heather MacDonald, Tina Coughlin, Ruby Brunt.
maigemu

MySeLf

Quote from: HUSNAA on December 03, 2008, 04:57:33 AM
I think Kano State bought it and made it an annex of the tropical diseases hospital - that hospital just by (which road as you enter Sabon Gari? :-\)

Airport road I think
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

Sani Danbaffa

Quote from: Nuruddeen on November 14, 2008, 07:07:09 PM
Quote from: Dante on November 07, 2008, 04:51:16 PM
Sounds somehow new, maybe thought for the first time!

With barack obama being the first black american presido, within his first few hours as the new elected president, americas worst enemy (russia) came to congractulate him.

Thinking about this, i just woke up this morning asking myself (what if nigeria was to elect a white president)?

Will he do this & that good for the people? Am sure he will make nigeria a better hygienic place to live!

Well, i just want some other peoples view in regards to this!!

Yeah! This is what we should start advocating Dante. There is no problem for Nigerians to elect a white to lead. I think this is one thing that we should pursue vigorously since all these charades cannot turn our country a new leaf. I support it 100%. Obama is really a lesson for people of understanding.

Af we in Kano have no problem ellecting anybody as a political office holder! Check our politicaly elected office bearers you soon find out! Start from counsellors to higher levels! It is not a matter of colour class or creed, it is all a matter of how easily during campaign they use the oppotunities open to them. What ever happens thereafter is left for posterity to judge! Who is speaking of whites anyway? Look around ask yourself what have the whites done in your favour? Please seek and watch "The Tripple Heritage" of Prof Ali Mazrui. Also read Kano Chronicle. Look around at the legacies of Sardauna and Audu Baqo. What we need are sincere honest people GODLY not necessarily religious.
Seek knowledge to be usefull to the society, help and spread happiness.

amira

Haba dai a white nigerian president
nah that wont make my cup of tea.
I know that somewhere in nigeria
theres a heart that wants to come out and lead her aright
its just unfortunate that our people just keep choosing the wrong
ones.

*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*