News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

When 'No politicians' are in politics.

Started by Nuruddeen, October 25, 2004, 10:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuruddeen

When the apoliticians are in politics
When our governors are caught abroad with our funds
when Mantu, Dalhat tafida and Wabara shared our money in the name of senate budget.......
What can u say?????
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

alhaji_aminu

salam

All i can say is that we in Nigeria have many politicians but very few democrats- in office that is. Unless and until this happens...... saida kawai Allah ya sawwake.

Dr Dalhatu Tafida used to be a great man but I am afraid he is now tainted.

paece!

mallamt

QuoteDr Dalhatu Tafida used to be a great man but I am afraid he is now tainted.

you are very right and it is a great pity, i just hope he can look back at what he used to be and the amount of respect he had hopefully he will transform himself back to the Dr Dalhatu Tafida people knew.

_Waziri_

Salaam Nuruddeen, Yadudu and mallamt,

It will be an understatement to repeat here my desire to see everyone among us anywhere acting according to the required norms of life respecting all rules of etiquette. We need to understand that we are discussing things here in public and in written form. Also necessary for the progress of our society, is our ability to be just to others just like we want them to be just to us. From religious point of view also we know  that the dignity of our brothers is an invaluable stuff.

So I say to us all whenever we find reason to condemn anybody,we follow our condemnation with some reference point. That will put him/her in a position to depend him/herself and absolve us from the blame of others that we only hate the subject of our discussion.

Also there are others who may want to contest the claim that our subject person is not good person and they cannot do that when we do not provide them with clear reference point.

So please compatriots, do not assume that the fact that some person is not good is a common knowledge and just say it. Learn to believe that the person you are condemning is as human as you are and allow him some space to depend himself. If he cannot he then confirms your assumption of him. If he can then he rectifies his image in your eyes. This is justice and Allah says: ....I'idilu huwa akrabu littakwa, meaning, ....be just, for that is closest to piety

Let 's be just that we may make better husbands, administrators, politicians and the true democrats in the view of of culture.

alhaji_aminu

salam

waziri you are right. if we are to condemn people then we ought to give reasons. i thought the reasons for condemning Tafida were obvious, if then aren't then let me state them.
Being the majority leader in the senate means every motion the presidency, OBJ's den, wishes to be passed by the assembly are tabled through him. So, by introducing to the people- the senate, bills like the ones dealing wit labor, deregulation and budgets, he has shown himself incapable of identifying with the constant suffering of thr Nigerian people.

As you may know also, he was reported to have lossed his election only to be declared winner later by inec.  [pls view the Vanguard's Monday April 13th edition for more details]. The mere fact that he  in a seat he is NOT entitle to makes him a tainted man.

I stand by what I said......

Nuruddeen

Quote from: "myadudu"salam

waziri you are right. if we are to condemn people then we ought to give reasons. i thought the reasons for condemning Tafida were obvious, if then aren't then let me state them.
Being the majority leader in the senate means every motion the presidency, OBJ's den, wishes to be passed by the assembly are tabled through him. So, by introducing to the people- the senate, bills like the ones dealing wit labor, deregulation and budgets, he has shown himself incapable of identifying with the constant suffering of thr Nigerian people.

As you may know also, he was reported to have lossed his election only to be declared winner later by inec.  [pls view the Vanguard's Monday April 13th edition for more details]. The mere fact that he  in a seat he is NOT entitle to makes him a tainted man.

It's alright Mallam waziri, your points noted but let's be clearer here since it was perhaps assumed dat I was talking in parables above. My points are hereby restated thus:
Mantu being the deputy senate leader, Wabara being the president himself and Dr. tafida being the majority leader, it is very unfortunate for them to share N97 million Naira among themselves and to come out boldly and defend it that it's justifiable. The sharing went thus: Wabara 34 million, Dalhat 12 million and Mantu about 22 or so and the rest was left for the senate. So this is the point we are making Mr. Waziri. And  nobody can claim to be a saint but at least one can maintain some level of dignity, respect and integrity in his affairs.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

_Waziri_

That is it Nuruddeen, I only wished to draw our attention to the fact that when personalities are involved we shouldn't have the liberty of indicting them without citing examples. I only believe it serves our conscience better, though I too may not be absolutely free from such kind of emotions, I am human as well, but that should not prevent a call for caution from my side. Part of it also is the truth that It is a religious and moral requirement in public discourse to be that conscious.

Now that you are clear those who wish to absolve him or if he wishes to reply here he can have an easy and smooth sail, for atleast a charge has been identified.

But leaving it open wouldn't have put him or any body in the position of making response. It is tantamount to voicing hatred in public. Just an emotional ranting of a sort.

We are a people of culture and religion and so we shall remain so for Allah punishes he who defers caution in his activities. It is with caution and courtesy that we live best and make those we live with be comfortable with us even when they cannot be happy with us. They will know we don't just hate. They will know we are only interested in correcting wrongs.

Thanks

mallamt

I think _wazirii's_ point is in order and well taken, and I must say that I some how agree with him, that is to say when we make comments especially accusations and attach peoples names we should give proof/evidence/reasons for our accussations rather that make blanket statements.  I believe _waziri_ is very right on this point.  Nurudeen and myadudu have also done very well by pointing out some of the exact reasons some of us feel that Tafida stands accused and thanks to them.

kitkat

Quote from: "myadudu"salam

Nearly all the top guns in the senate and house of reps were not elected, from the senate president himself who at one time was sued by INEC to Masari who lost the election to the present chairman of Malumfashi local govt.  and whose eventual imposition led to riots in the town. Mantu also lost before the subsequent abracadabra that followed as did Sarki Tafida.

Their selection to head the assembly was deliberate, so that they could be kept in check by constant reminders of the fact that they were "appointed" and not elected by anybody and they know it! Aso rock was still smarting from the antics of Gali Na'abba and okadigbo. After failing to upset Gali's primaries the PDP actually funded the election of El Yakub of the ANPP to ensutre he never made it back to the house.  The senate president actually admitted to the fact that he was a stooge and he was proud of it. Orji Kalu has evidence of the fact that he even came 3rd in the elections held in his senatorial zone after the ANPP and APGA candiate who he supported.

The winner Elder Dan Imo of ANPP was cruising to victory at the court with INEC joined in the suit and declaring under oath that Dan Imo was the winner when he was offerd N21 Million and an ambassadorial post( which he never got) and he abandoned the suit and shamelessly declared that he never won the election and was pulling out of the suit.

Any wonder then that youre seeing the kind of nonsense going on in Abuja? The 3rd term kite is now being flown with the usual denials and poo pooing , but as the say "like film" these idiots will soon begin to find justification for such a move and a senator Kola Ogunwale from Osun Central has already set the ball rolling by declaring that Obasanjo cant hand over in 2007 because there is a "war situation" in the country at the moment.

God help us all!!

alhaji_aminu

salam

Kitkat i feel you.........
A really good example is starting to unfold in Adamawa about these people not winning election but ending up getting a seat.
The distinguished academic, Sen Jubril Aminu, is embroiled in controversy with the state gov for Aminu's latent?? supprort for the man in Minna. This, as expected, irks Turakikin dudduniya who, it is rumored, is unleashing the forces on the ground (Boni Haruna) to discredit and humiliate the senator by getting him recalled (kaji karnukan siyasa).
Some of the things Atiku's agents are claiming include the fact that Aminu was not duly elected ( See gamji.com for an article written by Idris S Garba titled, Recall: Blame Aminu, Not Atiku). An innocent  poor lady was railroaded in this process.
This all goes to show that this politicians we have don't care much about the will of the Nigerian people. I am sure ther are many more aminu's and with the polity heating up, many more will become casualties of this ungodly game.

Allah wadaran naka shi lalace......

Nuruddeen

Nearly all the top guns in the senate and house of reps were not elected, from the senate president himself who at one time was sued by INEC to Masari who lost the election to the present chairman of Malumfashi local govt.  and whose eventual imposition led to riots in the town. Mantu also lost before the subsequent abracadabra that followed as did Sarki Tafida.

Their selection to head the assembly was deliberate, so that they could be kept in check by constant reminders of the fact that they were "appointed" and not elected by anybody and they know it! Aso rock was still smarting from the antics of Gali Na'abba and okadigbo. After failing to upset Gali's primaries the PDP actually funded the election of El Yakub of the ANPP to ensutre he never made it back to the house.  The senate president actually admitted to the fact that he was a stooge and he was proud of it. Orji Kalu has evidence of the fact that he even came 3rd in the elections held in his senatorial zone after the ANPP and APGA candiate who he supported.

The winner Elder Dan Imo of ANPP was cruising to victory at the court with INEC joined in the suit and declaring under oath that Dan Imo was the winner when he was offerd N21 Million and an ambassadorial post( which he never got) and he abandoned the suit and shamelessly declared that he never won the election and was pulling out of the suit.

Any wonder then that youre seeing the kind of nonsense going on in Abuja? The 3rd term kite is now being flown with the usual denials and poo pooing , but as the say "like film" these idiots will soon begin to find justification for such a move and a senator Kola Ogunwale from Osun Central has already set the ball rolling by declaring that Obasanjo cant hand over in 2007 because there is a "war situation" in the country at the moment.

God help us all!![/quote]

Good one Kit kat!!

mrguest

Quote from: "Nuruddeen"Nearly all the top guns in the senate and house of reps were not elected, from the senate president himself who at one time was sued by INEC to Masari who lost the election to the present chairman of Malumfashi local govt.  and whose eventual imposition led to riots in the town. Mantu also lost before the subsequent abracadabra that followed as did Sarki Tafida.

God help us all!!

Good one Kit kat!![/quote]

Nuru , i would not agree with you...most of the call you made are wrong.. honestly I was in Nigeria , during the election, and PDP really won... Why do you I believe so, because most  people did not come out to vote... Secondly, Buhari assume , that he can win the election without come to the south to look for vote, most part of the south state did not have Buhari team.. The south is more than 49% of more .. when you think their vote do not matter , you lost the election....
Another fact again the Anpp was they people saw the party as an Islamic Party... so Christain did not vote for them... so you have christain and the south, not willing to vote for Anpp

listen to nigeria radio

http://nigeriacom.proboards32.com/index.cgi?board=nigeria13

listen to nigeria radio

atch nigeria first online Television Naija television and 16 Nigeria radio, and 60 more Tv station around the world.
http://www.nigeriaone.com

kitkat

Quote from: "mrguest"
Quote from: "Nuruddeen"Nearly all the top guns in the senate and house of reps were not elected, from the senate president himself who at one time was sued by INEC to Masari who lost the election to the present chairman of Malumfashi local govt.  and whose eventual imposition led to riots in the town. Mantu also lost before the subsequent abracadabra that followed as did Sarki Tafida.

God help us all!!

Good one Kit kat!!

Nuru , i would not agree with you...most of the call you made are wrong.. honestly I was in Nigeria , during the election, and PDP really won... Why do you I believe so, because most  people did not come out to vote... Secondly, Buhari assume , that he can win the election without come to the south to look for vote, most part of the south state did not have Buhari team.. The south is more than 49% of more .. when you think their vote do not matter , you lost the election....
Another fact again the Anpp was they people saw the party as an Islamic Party... so Christain did not vote for them... so you have christain and the south, not willing to vote for Anpp

listen to nigeria radio

listen to nigeria radio

Back to top[/quote]

Pally I will have to disagree with you on this one.(so whats new)
maybe you witnessed the elections in Lagos. Its not true that Buhari never campaigned in the south. There was only one southern state that Buhari did not go to for campaigns and I believe that was Bayelsa. You also forget that the ANPP fielded Gubernatorial and legislative candidates in all the states, so it wasnt just about the presidency. When George Moghalu the ANPP candidate was shouting that Uba and co wrote the results of the Anambra elections a day b4 nobody gave it much thought, till UBA himself declared at the Igbo congess last month that it was indeed a case of "working to the answer". The ANPP in Anambra decided to boycott the subsequent elections , but UBA decided that there should be at least one token oposition member in the house of assembly and so Moghalus LG was "dashed" an assembly seat that they never wanted and never canvassed for. Only in Nigeria!!

Everybody knows that in Rivers State Sergeant Awuse of the ANPP was in the clear till Odilis militia( the same guys that are now terrorising the whole region) beat  every voter out of his wits and they declared what they wanted which was 101% turnout and 101% PDP in nearly all the lgs.  In okrika local Govt. a disoriented policeman thumbed 100% votes in favour of what he thought was the PDP but which later turned out to be the next party in line on the  the ballot paper with a tree symbol similar to the PDP's umbrella. That was how Sarah jubril won 100% votes in a local government she didnt even know existed. Maybe spirits campaigned for her without her knowledge!!

In Bayelsa a presidential candidate Pere Ajunwa took a boat and voted with his household only for him to hear the results of his ward being announced on his way back home. 100% PDP. The hapless man said even if his wife and kids betrayed him by voting for OBJ he was at least sure that he voted for himself, unless some spiritual force was at work and people were under some kind of trance at the point of voting.

In the North it was even worse like I mentioned earlier, in Numan area in Adamawa for instance it was another case of 100% turnout 100% PDP. The puzzling thing was a communal clash had claimed the lives of hundreds of eligible voters just weeks to the election, but they had all risen from the dead to vote OBJ and then went back to the grave.

The ANPP simply went to the police station and got a list of the deceased from the casualty list in the case diary, then ticked off the names against the voters register. That was partly why the tribunal threw out the elections there only for the case to be inexplicably overturned on appeal.

It is interesting that Mr Guest is now saying the ANPP is a Moslem and northern party and that is why the ?south? refused to vote Buhari.
Funnily enough in 1999 the argument in the south west was that the PDP was a northern party and Obasanjo was simply a stooge being imposed by hausa wayo. This was why the PDP was practically none existent in the whole of the southwest and Obasanjo failed to win his local government, his ward or even the ballot box outside Otta farms where most of his staff were registered.

To make up for this political embarrassment the south west had to be won at all cost and the foolish AD governors (Lam Adesinas words, not mine) were conned into a Yoruba arrangement which was to see the AD not fielding a presidential candidate so that all the south west states would vote OBJ for president and the AD governors will also be home free. The Governors fell for it and before they could say ?second term? they were signing the dotted line on their handover notes on May 29th. The AD chairman was shown on Network news congratulating OBJ for a sweet victory and he was appointed a special adviser in the presidency for a job well done.  That?s PDP for you.

One only need follow the testimonies at the presidential election hearings to get an idea of the workings of the "fantastic rigging machine" (according to Gani).  We all know there is little hope there but at least the point is being made to all who care to listen even though the conscience of the beneficiaries have long been  declared comatose ,else how do these people sleep at night??  

Its people like Mr Guest at the bottom of the Nigerian food chain that shout themselves silly over Northern this and Christian that. These guys at the helm don?t give a hoot about any religious or sectional agenda despite the posturing. They only care about their political and financial interests and how to remain relevant whichever way the wind blows, and when it suits them they give the signal for  Mr Guest & co to start screaming blue murder and sometimes to even take arms and go on a senseless killing spree.
How else do you explain IBB?s role in eliminating people like Rimi and Shinkafi at the 99 convention in Jos? Or the role of the Southeast governors in Ekwuemes betrayal at the 03 primaries? How do you explain the recent report of the defection of some ANPP governors to the PDP even as we speak, after taking a free ride on the crest of the Buhari phenomenon barely a year and a half ago.

Now there's talk of a 3rd term for the old man, and failing that Afenifere is saying that since OBJ was a Northern stooge and not voted for by the yoruba, he has been serving a "northern term" all along and so it is the turn of the south west to offer a "true" yoruba candidate in 07. Such warped logic. Wonders will never cease.

I have only contempt for Nigerian politicians, and for people like Mr guest, pity!!

_Waziri_

Quotewaziri you are right. if we are to condemn people then we ought to give reasons. i thought the reasons for condemning Tafida were obvious, if then aren't then let me state them.

As you may know also, he was reported to have lossed his election only to be declared winner later by inec. [pls view the Vanguard's Monday April 13th edition for more details]. The mere fact that he in a seat he is NOT entitle to makes him a tainted man.

Salaam all,

Though I really do not think it expedient to make personalities the subject of debate in any system rather than the system itself. I also do not wish to start depending any person. But in what follows I will draw an analogy to prove to the deiscerning reader the futility in just calling others "tainted men" just for the simple reason that they did not follow some "due" process in achieving power.

Suppose we agree that Sarki Tafida, Jibril Aminu and many others who are now in the house but really did not win their election are tainted men. Shouldn't we then conclude that Buhari also is a tainted man since he did not follow due process in getting power? How then do we prove that ABACHA and all those who served in his administration are not tainted men since Abacha regime is not legitimate regime in the eyes of the world?
Remember our gauge in obtaining good and clean men is only related to how much they adhere to due process if not then we conclude they are not good people.

Gaskiya we have to get real and understand that if this thinking method is what we are to adopt always we will only reduce ourselves to gossiping only up here, since our list of tainted men will not end. But rather I suggest we try to understand  these things as they are. That is in social theorems and to every person who wants to improve the lot of those around him, that person must look for the failure of his people around the system they find themselves in not in the people themselves.

When Umar, the second Caliph of Islam saw that at certain period in his administration people were stealing, thieving alot, he did not sit down to believe that  it was the people that were bad but rather he stopped to reexamine the system by even suspending the penalty of amputating the hands of thieves cos there was famine in that period. This is the the justice I want to us to see always. People on their own are not bad and do not commit bad things but the system, condition, circumstances around them makes them bad and theirfore a good politician, administrator and spouse will do well if  only he/she tries to find the solution of problems beyond the personalities involved in any abhorrent act.

So in this, ours is not to see whether Sarki Tafida, Buhari or any other person is bad but to see at the Nigeria, and Nigerian system which gives any person chance to be bad. Let's examine Nigeria, the system. Let's think harder that we may come up with prescriptions  that will increass the number of good ppl among us and curve the way "good" people will  turn "bad" ones. From the way I see it, if nigeria is to continue the way it is, we will wake up to grow worst than Sarki Tafida and any other person we find reason to label a bad person for that matter.

mrguest

Quote from: "kitkat"
Quote from: "mrguest"

God help us all!!

Good one Kit kat!!

listen to nigeria radio

listen to nigeria radio

Pally I will have to disagree with you on this one.(so whats new)
maybe you witnessed the elections in Lagos. Its not true that Buhari never campaigned in the south. There was only one southern state that Buhari did not go to for campaigns and I believe that was Bayelsa. You also forget that the ANPP fielded Gubernatorial and legislative candidates in all the states, so it wasnt just about the presidency. When George Moghalu the ANPP candidate was shouting that Uba and co wrote the results of the Anambra elections a day b4 nobody gave it much thought, till UBA himself declared at the Igbo congess last month that it was indeed a case of "working to the answer". The ANPP in Anambra decided to boycott the subsequent elections , but UBA decided that there should be at least one token oposition member in the house of assembly and so Moghalus LG was "dashed" an assembly seat that they never wanted and never canvassed for. Only in Nigeria!!

Everybody knows that in Rivers State Sergeant Awuse of the ANPP was in the clear till Odilis militia( the same guys that are now terrorising the whole region) beat  every voter out of his wits and they declared what they wanted which was 101% turnout and 101% PDP in nearly all the lgs.  In okrika local Govt. a disoriented policeman thumbed 100% votes in favour of what he thought was the PDP but which later turned out to be the next party in line on the  the ballot paper with a tree symbol similar to the PDP's umbrella. That was how Sarah jubril won 100% votes in a local government she didnt even know existed. Maybe spirits campaigned for her without her knowledge!!

In Bayelsa a presidential candidate Pere Ajunwa took a boat and voted with his household only for him to hear the results of his ward being announced on his way back home. 100% PDP. The hapless man said even if his wife and kids betrayed him by voting for OBJ he was at least sure that he voted for himself, unless some spiritual force was at work and people were under some kind of trance at the point of voting.

In the North it was even worse like I mentioned earlier, in Numan area in Adamawa for instance it was another case of 100% turnout 100% PDP. The puzzling thing was a communal clash had claimed the lives of hundreds of eligible voters just weeks to the election, but they had all risen from the dead to vote OBJ and then went back to the grave.

The ANPP simply went to the police station and got a list of the deceased from the casualty list in the case diary, then ticked off the names against the voters register. That was partly why the tribunal threw out the elections there only for the case to be inexplicably overturned on appeal.

It is interesting that Mr Guest is now saying the ANPP is a Moslem and northern party and that is why the ?south? refused to vote Buhari.
Funnily enough in 1999 the argument in the south west was that the PDP was a northern party and Obasanjo was simply a stooge being imposed by hausa wayo. This was why the PDP was practically none existent in the whole of the southwest and Obasanjo failed to win his local government, his ward or even the ballot box outside Otta farms where most of his staff were registered.

To make up for this political embarrassment the south west had to be won at all cost and the foolish AD governors (Lam Adesinas words, not mine) were conned into a Yoruba arrangement which was to see the AD not fielding a presidential candidate so that all the south west states would vote OBJ for president and the AD governors will also be home free. The Governors fell for it and before they could say ?second term? they were signing the dotted line on their handover notes on May 29th. The AD chairman was shown on Network news congratulating OBJ for a sweet victory and he was appointed a special adviser in the presidency for a job well done.  That?s PDP for you.

One only need follow the testimonies at the presidential election hearings to get an idea of the workings of the "fantastic rigging machine" (according to Gani).  We all know there is little hope there but at least the point is being made to all who care to listen even though the conscience of the beneficiaries have long been  declared comatose ,else how do these people sleep at night??  

Its people like Mr Guest at the bottom of the Nigerian food chain that shout themselves silly over Northern this and Christian that. These guys at the helm don?t give a hoot about any religious or sectional agenda despite the posturing. They only care about their political and financial interests and how to remain relevant whichever way the wind blows, and when it suits them they give the signal for  Mr Guest & co to start screaming blue murder and sometimes to even take arms and go on a senseless killing spree.
How else do you explain IBB?s role in eliminating people like Rimi and Shinkafi at the 99 convention in Jos? Or the role of the Southeast governors in Ekwuemes betrayal at the 03 primaries? How do you explain the recent report of the defection of some ANPP governors to the PDP even as we speak, after taking a free ride on the crest of the Buhari phenomenon barely a year and a half ago.

Now there's talk of a 3rd term for the old man, and failing that Afenifere is saying that since OBJ was a Northern stooge and not voted for by the yoruba, he has been serving a "northern term" all along and so it is the turn of the south west to offer a "true" yoruba candidate in 07. Such warped logic. Wonders will never cease.

I have only contempt for Nigerian politicians, and for people like Mr guest, pity!![/quote]!![/quote]!![/quote]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kitkat ,Well I agree that not all was well in the election result.. some state had problem, where the number of really voter and the people on ground can not be accounted for... Places like Katsina state with only 899 settlement , by claim to be 3.9m in 1988... places like Jigawa state with only 825 settlement claim to be 2.7 million in 1988.. and places like Kano with only 1123 settlement but claim to be 5.6 m.. Places like river state with only 1143 settlement but claim to be 3.9m...
Places like sokoto state with less than 500 villages and town but claim to 2.9 million in 1988...  the problem is the census figure.. if we change it and find out the truth.. we would have less problem.. the census people should produce a census card with picture too...

While Places like Kwara with over 3000 settlement is said to be 1.5m, and places like Adamawa with 1550 settlement is said to be 2.1m. Places like Ogun state with settlement of over 4000 is said to be 2.4m. Places like kogi state with settlement of 1920, is said to be 2.1 m people.. do the maths , if the actual census figure were used Buhari would still loses the election....

State I believe that PDP did not win are Imo, Anambra, Enugu... I think Ojukwu party won those state...others I believe PDP won.. To be honest with you, no southern would vote for a northerner, after what Abacha and IBB did to the south, People in the south are still hurt, it would take time to heal.

listen to nigeria radio

listen to nigeria radio

atch nigeria first online Television Naija television and 16 Nigeria radio, and 60 more Tv station around the world.