News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

ISLAMISING POLITICS IN KANO

Started by memzycool, August 30, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

memzycool

ISLAMISING POLITICS

THE RADIO PROGRAMME – KOWANE GAUTA—BREEDS DISSENT AMONG MUSLIM BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN POLITICS IN KANO STATE.

....Sai kuma Alhaji wane daga jamiyyar P.D.P yace.......,Sai kuma Alhaji wane daga jamiyyar A.N.P.P ya maida mai da martani....

In the name of journalism, some professional journalists have been inciting muslim politicians  in a state assumed to be operating within the boundries of the Islamic sharia, against each other.

The programme that is supposed to spice up political activities, enlighten the masses, educate the politicians to be e.t.c , ends up inciting hatred, building up resentment and breeding dissent, mistrust and confusion among muslim brothers in different secular political parties.

I personally believe that every muslim should islamise his own profession, arranging heated arguments, encouraging baseless accusations e.t.c in the name of freedom of the press and speech, is certainly certainly not the best way to carve a niche for a promising career in a profession from the Islamic perspective{I don't mind secular journalism}.

In the spicy name of-- DEMOCRACY--  and right to opinion, the free world has come to plant disarray , confusion and hatred among muslims whom for the past 1400years have been known to be there  brothers keepers. Because of the unparalleled level of influence of the mass media and its fast diffusion pace, most of the people are slowly being conditioned to the same way of thinking and analyzing political happenings in their environs; thus they now come to regard politicking as a black and white affair.

So please , I call on us to please islamise democracy, politicks and politicking. Let us join hands together to put the secular western world to shame. Let us uphold the Islamic word of being your brothers keeper. Let us love one another and still be DEMOCRATS in our own rights in islam. Let us most importantly islamise our professions because we live and die in the course of  our career line.

Muhammad Tijjani Nakande

Geography Department.

Unimaid.

memzycool@yahoo.com

HUSNAA

Quote from: memzycool on August 30, 2007, 08:15:06 PM
ISLAMISING POLITICS

THE RADIO PROGRAMME – KOWANE GAUTA—BREEDS DISSENT AMONG MUSLIM BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN POLITICS IN KANO STATE.
SAYS WHO?
Leave kowane gauta alone. It is the most entertaining Hausa political program on radio. Kuma ba wani zancen it breeds dissent amongst muslim brothers and sisters. Politics din 'yan Nigeria haka ta gada; dissension. Tun zamanin su NEPU and NPC ne? Haka akai ta gwagwarmaya tsakanin muslims in opposing political camps. Su na yanzu magadan na da ne. Shi ya sa they behave like so. Abin da akayi a baya ne sukuma na yanzu suke cigaba da al'adar. Kowane gauta is just a more modern medium of expressing their angst. It certainly is better than their confronting each other with accusations that will lead to possible bloodshed. Let them su maida martanin allegations and counter allegations on the radiyo rather than on a combating field with supporters up in arms. Kuma ma it really gives us a chance to get to know our local politicians and makes local celebrities out of them. Irin su Haruna Zago, Dan Bilki Kwamanda, Bashir Jantile, Musa iliyasu kwankwaso da kuma gwamnan darfur lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.

Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on August 31, 2007, 05:40:59 AM
SAYS WHO?

Actually nobody said that Aunty.

But, in real sense, I think, it's in some ways what the program aims about. Correction; not among muslims per se but among politicians. You talked of haka political arena of Nigeria ta gada. Yep, I wholly agree with you because you might have played some certain roles in that while I wan't even borned to this world. Amma dai don Allah, don't you think and hope, if that gadon (dissension) is not a good one ya kamata a gyara shi into a good type?

Personally, I like the program, like it even morethan many other Hausa/ political programs in all the radio stations we have in Kano. It makes the populace knw their right as they can go and challenge a politician and blame, suggest, crticise, celebrate and so on him on what he did, should do but not do and so on, again. And its the first of its nature ever started in Kano, and probably Nigeria. Amma... ::) a gaskiya sukan dan hada fada and hot arguments that at times lead to insulting and abusing ppls reputaion and even personal life.

Muhsin
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Quote from: Muhsin on August 31, 2007, 10:07:26 AM
Quote from: HUSNAA on August 31, 2007, 05:40:59 AM
SAYS WHO?

Actually nobody said that Aunty.

You talked of haka political arena of Nigeria ta gada. Yep, I wholly agree with you because you might have played some certain roles in that while I wan't even borned to this world.

Yep I wholly agree with you also, after all you must have been born in the year 2001 I believe?  ;D

Bayya

Quoteafter all you must have been born in the year 2001 I believe?
He he he, nice one. ;D
Actually, like Husnaa rigthly put it,
QuoteKowane gauta is just a more modern medium of expressing their angst. It certainly is better than their confronting each other with accusations that will lead to possible bloodshed. Let them su maida martanin allegations and counter allegations on the radiyo rather than on a combating field with supporters up in arms.
it is indeed better than bloodshed siyasa. I think it is a nice programme.
Some dreams do come true

sheriff 05

I dont see anything wrong with it.... (ok maybe not entirely..).. I think it provides a very good medium for expression which is essential to allow us all feel a part of the system... for we the talakawa simply put, we love it... I am no scholar but in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with this from the islamic perspective. What Islam frowns at is making wrongful allegations which cannot be proven against someone.. We need to differenciate between Islam's prohibition of unguarded utterances and the freedom to express one's self. Islam places no prohibition on self expression except that it should be carried out with certainty, responsibility and care. Creativity is borne out of expression and creativity was the corner stone of the great Islamic empire...

If you are recommending that we find a way to distill our utterances so as not to wrongfully castigate someone, I couldnt agree more. Fantastic idea, fine and good.. but to cancel the entire program.. haba dan Allah!!... As Hajia Husna so brilliantly pointed out, this program provides an ideal battle ground away from the blood letting on the streets.. I know and admit that it's not perfect, but if it helps save lives, property, and instill order in the society, i say ride on!!

In the future, (if it survives that long) maybe some regulation would be neccessary but then knowing Nigeria, some "person's of power" would then hijack it and use it as a propaganda machine to incite people and cause chaos so for now i think it's fine..

About Islamising the political scene, please I want to seek some clarification as to your recommendation because I think I may misunderstand you a bit. According to your post, you explain that this program divides the ummah and pits people against each other, whereas the ummah should be united right? In effect, by implication, the solution you propose is for the dissolution (or amalgamation) of the multi-party system generally in preference for a single party system in which the ummah will unanimously stand behind a single candidate, more like a referendum than an election... am I right? is that what you imply? please clarify for me. If by any chance I am wrong in my interpretation please pardon me. Just correct me..

Salam

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on September 01, 2007, 06:15:10 AM

Yep I wholly agree with you also, after all you must have been born in the year 2001 I believe?  ;D

Allah ya bada hakuri.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Unnecessary apology accepted, Muhsin  ;D.

Important lesson in social interaction with women.....in future never refer to a woman's age even if its to save yr life OK?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

MySeLf

!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!