News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

British police arrest nine MUSLIM terror suspects

Started by Ete, August 23, 2006, 04:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ete

ISN SECURITY WATCH (28/07/05) - British police on Thursday arrested nine more men suspected of links to terrorism in raids on two houses in south London.

However, the suspects allegedly responsible for the failed 21 July bomb attacks on the London transport system are not thought to be among those arrested.

On Wednesday, police arrested Yasin Hassan Omar, whom they said they believed was one of the men who attempted to explode a bomb after boarding a tube at the Warren Street metro station on 21 July.

Exactly one week after the attempted bombings and three weeks after the bombings on 7 July, British police mounted a major operation to guard the country?s transport infrastructure and to reassure travelers.

?We are on a very high alert,? said a spokesman for the British Transport Police, ?It?s part of a continuing effort to have high-visibility policing on stations.?

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair warned that he feared that it was possible that ?those at large will strike again? or that Britain could be targeted by new attackers.

On Wednesday, three women were also arrested in Stockwell in south London and three men in Birmingham.

British newspapers on Thursday featured numerous photographs of the bombs and bomb components, which were recovered from a car left behind by the 7 July suicide bombers who killed 52 people.
The rented Nissan Micra was found in Luton where three of the bombers had driven before meeting up with the fourth suspect and then boarding a train to London.

Most prominent among the discoveries was a nail bomb. Photographs of the bomb were leaked to US television network ABC, much to the chagrin of British police. The x-ray picture shows a bottle studded on the outside with nails. Inside, the bottle was packed with explosives.

The 21 July bombers also had at least two nail bombs with them, said investigators, lending credence to theories that the two bombings were in fact planned by the same group.

Among the other bombs or components found in the car was a thin, circular type of bomb tightly wound in plastic wrap. The explosive is believed to be homemade acetone peroxide, perhaps mixed with some form of military explosive. Police believe these are the type of bombs used on 7 July.

In the wake of the police raids, the arrests, and the revelations about the bombs, a controversy has erupted following remarks made by Mohammad Naseem, the chairman of Birmingham?s central mosque.

On Wednesday, Naseem was invited to a press conference with West Midlands police and Birmingham city council to allay fears of racial and religious tensions following the arrest of Omar in the city some hours earlier.

Addressing the news conference, Naseem called British Prime Minister Tony Blair a ?liar?, saying there was no evidence that al-Qaida existed.

Naseem, who is considered a moderate voice, also said he had seen no evidence that the four Muslims believed to have been suicide bombers on 7 July were anything other than innocent victims.

?Muslim bashing seems to be more earnest than the need for national unity and harmony,? he said. ?Terrorists can be anybody - we will have to see [whether the bombers were Muslims]. Tony Blair has told lies on going to Iraq and in a court of law, if a witness has proved to be a liar, he ceases to be a reliable witness. So we cannot give our blind trust to the government.?

Ete

Mr Naseem did eventually shut his mouth when Pakistani officials displayed the overwhelming evidence that those arrested Muslim men are in deed terrorists who planned to blow up several plans carrying hundreds if not thousands of innocent people.  The evidence included recorded video tapes of several of the arrested men talking about their terror plot, and matryrdom.

These days when one travels,  one is very weary when he spots an Arab at the airport.  Even with improved security measures at our airports,  these Arabs still pose danger.  This is why most people in the country support the Republicans on the patriot act and even ethnic profiling in regards to national security.

Dave_McEwan_Hill

We await with interest. They(the UK Police) released one tonight with no charges. In all the recent instances of a similar type in UK the police have eventually released all suspects without any charge.
I have no doubt that there are a number of people planning terrorist acts against US and UK. This is evil. This is not surprising however .
US and UK have been guilty of the deaths of many tens of thousands of innocent women and children in Iraq in an illegal invasion based on lies and which has reduced Iraq to disaster, have killed thousands in Afghanistan similarly and have encouraged Israeli barbarism in Palestine and Lebanon. Nearly all the innocent victims of these acts of brutality have been innocent Moslem.
There will be no peace in the Middle East until there is justice for the Palestinians and Israel starts to behave in a civilised manner. Everything Israel, US and UK does in the Middle East makes them more and more enemies and produces more and more terrorists.
This is the deepest stupidity.

Ete,you should try to get an accurate perspective on the last fifty years of disgaceful and murderous behaviour by Israel in the Middle East before you jump in with your very naive opinions.
It is unfortunate that bad feeling between Moslems and Christians in Nigeria makes it impossible for some people to view events elsewhere objectively.
maigemu

_Waziri_

Please in respect of the amount of bad feelings expressed between Muslims and Christians on this board and as observed by Mr. David, lets read through the following address by Pope John Paul of blessed memory to see what our religious leaders are thinking about one another that we may find reason to learn.

Pope John Paul II - Address at Omayyad Mosque of Damascus - 6 May 2001

Dear Muslim Friends, As-sal?mu ?al?ikum!

1. I give heartfelt praise to Almighty God for the grace of this meeting. I am most grateful for your warm welcome, in the tradition of hospitality so cherished by the people of this region. I thank especially the Minister of the Waqf and the Grand Mufti for their gracious greetings, which put into words the great yearning for peace which fills the hearts of all people of good will. My Jubilee Pilgrimage has been marked by important meetings with Muslim leaders in Cairo and Jerusalem, and now I am deeply moved to be your guest here in the great Umayyad Mosque, so rich in religious history. Your land is dear to Christians: here our religion has known vital moments of its growth and doctrinal development, and here are found Christian communities which have lived in peace and harmony with their Muslim neighbours for many centuries.

2. We are meeting close to what both Christians and Muslims regard as the tomb of John the Baptist, known as Yahya in the Muslim tradition. The son of Zechariah is a figure of prime importance in the history of Christianity, for he was the Precursor who prepared the way for Christ. John?s life, wholly dedicated to God, was crowned by martyrdom. May his witness enlighten all who venerate his memory here, so that they -- and we too -- may understand that life?s great task is to seek God?s truth and justice.

The fact that we are meeting in this renowned place of prayer reminds us that man is a spiritual being, called to acknowledge and respect the absolute priority of God in all things. Christians and Muslims agree that the encounter with God in prayer is the necessary nourishment of our souls, without which our hearts wither and our will no longer strives for good but succumbs to evil.

3. Both Muslims and Christians prize their places of prayer, as oases where they meet the All Merciful God on the journey to eternal life, and where they meet their brothers and sisters in the bond of religion. When, on the occasion of weddings or funerals or other celebrations, Christians and Muslims remain in silent respect at the other?s prayer, they bear witness to what unites them, without disguising or denying the things that separate.

It is in mosques and churches that the Muslim and Christian communities shape their religious identity, and it is there that the young receive a significant part of their religious education. What sense of identity is instilled in young Christians and young Muslims in our churches and mosques? It is my ardent hope that Muslim and Christian religious leaders and teachers will present our two great religious communities as communities in respectful dialogue, never more as communities in conflict. It is crucial for the young to be taught the ways of respect and understanding, so that they will not be led to misuse religion itself to promote or justify hatred and violence. Violence destroys the image of the Creator in his creatures, and should never be considered as the fruit of religious conviction.

4. I truly hope that our meeting today in the Umayyad Mosque will signal our determination to advance interreligious dialogue between the Catholic Church and Islam. This dialogue has gained momentum in recent decades; and today we can be grateful for the road we have travelled together so far. At the highest level, the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue represents the Catholic Church in this task. For more than thirty years the Council has sent a message to Muslims on the occasion of ?d al-Fitr at the close of Ramadan, and I am very happy that this gesture has been welcomed by many Muslims as a sign of growing friendship between us. In recent years the Council has established a liaison committee with international Islamic Organizations, and also with al-Azhar in Egypt, which I had the pleasure of visiting last year.

It is important that Muslims and Christians continue to explore philosophical and theological questions together, in order to come to a more objective and comprehensive knowledge of each others? religious beliefs. Better mutual understanding will surely lead, at the practical level, to a new way of presenting our two religions not in opposition, as has happened too often in the past, but in partnership for the good of the human family.

Interreligious dialogue is most effective when it springs from the experience of "living with each other" from day to day within the same community and culture. In Syria, Christians and Muslims have lived side by side for centuries, and a rich dialogue of life has gone on unceasingly. Every individual and every family knows moments of harmony, and other moments when dialogue has broken down. The positive experiences must strengthen our communities in the hope of peace; and the negative experiences should not be allowed to undermine that hope. For all the times that Muslims and Christians have offended one another, we need to seek forgiveness from the Almighty and to offer each other forgiveness. Jesus teaches us that we must pardon others? offences if God is to pardon us our sins (cf. Mt 6:14).

As members of the one human family and as believers, we have obligations to the common good, to justice and to solidarity. Interreligious dialogue will lead to many forms of cooperation, especially in responding to the duty to care for the poor and the weak. These are the signs that our worship of God is genuine.

5. As we make our way through life towards our heavenly destiny, Christians feel the company of Mary, the Mother of Jesus; and Islam too pays tribute to Mary and hails her as "chosen above the women of the world" (Quran, III:42). The Virgin of Nazareth, the Lady of Saydn?ya, has taught us that God protects the humble and "scatters the proud in the imagination of their hearts" (Lk 1:51). May the hearts of Christians and Muslims turn to one another with feelings of brotherhood and friendship, so that the Almighty may bless us with the peace which heaven alone can give. To the One, Merciful God be praise and glory for ever. Amen.

Ete

Dave, you keep blabbing at me about the past 50 years of the so called Isreali atrocity. Is that what I am talking about here? Is this about Israel and the Arabs? If that is the case, if you want me to go back and review the incidents of the past fifty years, why were you so reluctant to do so in the other post when I asked you pointed questions about the history of hostilities between the Arabs and the Isrealis?  Here, I will repeat the questions. Please answer promptly, or else I'll dismiss all further commentaries from you as empty rantings.

1. Can you present to everyone here a background information (that can be researched and verified) of how the Arab-Israeli conflict began.

2. Which side began violence against the other?

3. Was the region called palestine a sovereign nation?

4. Can you name the occupants of the palestinian territory prior to WW1?

5. Can you explain how palestine came to be owned by Palestinians

6. Since Israel is occupying the territory illegally, does it then mean
Israel never existed as a nation or occupied a territory before.

7. The Arabs that invaded Jerusalem in the second second century, who
did they sack from Jerusalem? Who were the occupants of the land?

8. What was the UN solution to the growing Palestinian-Israeli issue of
the early 1920s ? What did the UN and Britain recommend in order
to establish peace? Why was the resolution made at all?

9. The U.N land partition of Palestine, how much territory did it give
to Israel.

10. Do yourself a favor and be honest on this one: How did Israel
come to acquire more land than what she was originally partitioned to her by the UN?

11. When was the first major conflict involving the Arabs and Israel?
If you can answer that question correctly, who attacked who first?

12. Can you name the parties involved in the first Arab-Isreali conflict?
Also, show us what both sides military capabilities were.

12B. Tell us what the outcome of that conflict was

13. Regarding what is proportionate, do you think it is proportionate
for seven different Armies representing seven nations to go
against one tiny nation in war? Do you think that is proportionate?

Muhsin

Ete!
You seem to completely hate peace on this board. Why almost all your post are against Islam-yes, they are in one way or the other. Why is this so my fellow brother.
Better desist, if not.....we wallahi too know how to retaliate. I'm telling you. Mind your own business and lets mind ours.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Ete

LOL!!!!!! This is funny. Mind my business? I am minding my business Mushin.  What do you want to retaliate against? I am talking about a global problem here.  I did not arrest those terrorists in London. British authorities did and they did so with the help of Pakistani intelligence.  Pakistan is an Islamic country, but somehow they are motivated to fight against other terrorist. So if you want to be angry or in your case, to retaliate,  please retaliate against Pakistan.

Furthermore Mushin, all my posts are not against Islam.  Some of them are against terrorism, some against bad leadership in Nigeria, and the rest are general discussion issues.  For the record, I am not against Islam. I even said here that I was a Muslim-yes a Muslim. Afterall, the meaning of Islam is to submit or submission to God.  I have submitted and therefore I qualify to be a Muslim.  But guess what Mushin, despite my sincere submission and declaration, do you know that a fellow Muslim brother in the distinguished person of Husnna, was all the while working against me? Ask anyone here that knows. He rejected my muslimness?  He took it upon himself to challenge me publicly on this forum. If Allah accepts my submission, why does an ordinary human being like Husnaa challenge that?

Now you tell me as a Muslim believer if such conduct is right.  I await your response.  Thank you sSir.

Muhsin

Ete, sincerely you didn't mean what you write then. I have seen the post you wrote that you're a Muslim in Islam Board. Lets be fair to ourselves. Beside, though I know we aren't in court, but can swear that you really feel the content you expressed?So I'm thinking and also so did Husna.

You again talked about Pakistan. As every muslim know and even non-muslim, Musharraf is a pro-American, so he did that to praise America, and he's trying doing everything to do so, I beg please, don't you know this? If the answer here is yes, why should any Muslim would mind whatsoever this guy do?

Another question please. Have you ever write any piece that's showing your positive feeling to Islam and Muslims? Even once in your life? Nothing on this planet I think all it's wholly body is negative....think.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

lionger

Ete,
Why bait the muslims on this forum by referring to yourself as a muslim? You obviously do not accept the authority of the Quran or the exhortation that 'there is no other God but Allah, and Muhammed is his apostle', both of which are definitive for anyone who would call himself a Muslim. Why engage in a game of semantics that can only provoke and infuriate others? I'm surprised that HUSNAA did not blow her top on you in the Islamic forum. I beseech you to please refrain from this action. That said,

Muhsin
I don't know why you had to bring Islam directly into this discussion. None of Ete's comments on this thread prior to your first post had anything to do with Islam-bashing; why accuse him of that? And what do you mean by demanding that he mind his own business? That post of yours is completely inappropriate because you read what wasn't there. Please lets respond directly to issues at hand and stop attacking shadows!

Muhsin

Quote from: "lionger"Ete,
Why bait the muslims on this forum by referring to yourself as a muslim? You obviously do not accept the authority of the Quran or the exhortation that 'there is no other God but Allah, and Muhammed is his apostle', both of which are definitive for anyone who would call himself a Muslim. Why engage in a game of semantics that can only provoke and infuriate others? I'm surprised that HUSNAA did not blow her top on you in the Islamic forum. I beseech you to please refrain from this action. That said,

Muhsin
I don't know why you had to bring Islam directly into this discussion. None of Ete's comments on this thread prior to your first post had anything to do with Islam-bashing; why accuse him of that? And what do you mean by demanding that he mind his own business? That post of yours is completely inappropriate because you read what wasn't there. Please lets respond directly to issues at hand and stop attacking shadows!
Sorry Sir!
But sincerely if you do me fairness, you would have not mentioned that. As everybody knows Ete in this forum, it?s a reality I did talk about him.

My brothers, if I was too harsh, I'm begging for forgiveness. What a man sees, a boy even if he climbs a mountain will never see it as vividly as this man.

NB: Don't miscalculate me and think I'm sarcastic-NO! I'm not.