News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Kano Babes na Wa O!

Started by *~MuDa~*, March 20, 2004, 08:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ummita

Quote from: HUSNAA on June 17, 2008, 06:54:58 PM
Quote from: Fateez on June 10, 2008, 03:49:46 PM

the condition of our nation. Remember the husband is probably all she's got. She's going to depend on him for

the rest of her life. He wants to be rich, he works for it, he achieves it. She wants to be rich, she can't work for

it so she leans on him to achieve it. I think it's a fair deal.

Fateez gurl,where u been? Is this what u want for yrself?
to be totally dependent on the husband.. tut tut not good. Believe me even he will see u as a liability. Lets say that we all want our husbands to be rich because it also reflects off us the wives tunda an ce mace da bazar mijinta take rawa and its still very true. But look for financial independence. U become an asset to him that way. Maza the way they operate is this... sabon kudi, sabon gida, sabuwar amarya... so where will u be in that equation?

U might hav gotten her off point & u might not! Despite this, I hav 2 say u r absolutely correct, no objection watsoever. However, adding to ur comment is this: I think a woman should not be independent nor dependent on her hubby but she should remain inter-dependent. That is to say she should not soley rely on her hubby to an extend he feels burdened by her nor should she take full or complete charge of her wellbeing. Islamically, there is a limit for the "so-called female independency and liberation thing" and some women shud avoid havin a "feel" of it or taking it overboard. This is because there is no huge need of it in the first place because Islam has entrusted a right on every married man to fully cater for not only his wife but the family as a whole. And this obviously means as we all know it to be the provision n availability of adequate & basic necessities of life: food, shelter and clothing.

Yet if the hubby is high n might in wealth and the woman prefares to ride on his tail coat, so be it. Here, I could slightly from this vacuum try and draw an understanding from her comment about "leaning" on the hubby to find that spot of financial stability. If he chooses to provide from her toiletries to what she eats, wears & money for spoils, thats fine. But atleast one gets this sense of pride not to have a wait on maigida's monthly housekeeping allowances but that the woman can use her own job earnings or savings: taje kasuwa ta siyah su maggi, su buhu na shinkafa tayi kawo store & maybe even treat the hubby to a nice shirt or anything he likes. And in worst scenarios in the event of a divorce, atleast she can say bring it on.........am not gonna suffer because I hav a little something to depend on and might not be overwhelmed with the insurmountable hurdles most divorced women face. Assuming she waits till he buys even the soap or moisturizer she uses and she doesnt have a little finance of her own yaya kinan in the event of divorce?

At eye level these days, some brothers wont even marry a girl until they see that they are likely to gain lucratively from her family. All the fresh money, fresh house & new everything is not a guranteed enjoyment for the women. 5yrs ago a man of such calibre (you knows those freshers in money) messed up a very close childhood friend of mine. Showed & gave "it" all to her from materialistic rubbish to even a car during their courtship & truly she adored him. I made a visit to her after not seeing her for a couple of years n 2 see the newborn.......lord, I found her in a sad situation and my emotions went really flat. The hubby doesnt give jack to my friend!! His basic obligations to cater for their needs is zero! Only thing I can vouch on is the creche & nursery fees he pays for the kids. Food & clothing had to be sent from home for my friend & lucky her: her parents are well off. If they werent, situation cudha been worse! Her parents havin enough of the demeaning attitudes of the husband to their daugther requested that he divorce her. Still when I think of them, makes me wonder what the hell is he doing and stashing all that money for? Will he live tomorrow to enjoy it? Makes me cement my realisations of ages ago that not all women are so vain on materialistic stuff but some men are just plain and devilishly stingy too!!!!

If a woman thinks she can enjoy a ride on her husbands tail coats, then she might be in for a shock. I think its best off 2 grow in age & wealth together wit a man knowing all that he has suffered for and his accumulative riches, you played that part of being his bedrock & comfort zone. You know I was there for him through the rough times, now its time for me to enjoy without havin a pang of thought......"kada yayi min gori ko wulanci wata rana". Instead of jumping on exquisitive horse & carriages of these  "assorted men" sometimes a guys little wagon is far better though far fetched by some of women. Anyway if a man is wealthy & I stress genuinelyyyyyyyyyyyyyy good hearted & he will be a true breadwinner, the woman can cease to work or run a business of her own but siddown chop his dollar.............no qualms!
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Fateez

Quote from: HUSNAA on June 17, 2008, 06:54:58 PM

Fateez gurl,where u been? Is this what u want for yrself?
to be totally dependent on the husband.. tut tut not good. Believe me even he will see u as a liability. Lets say that we all want our husbands to be rich because it also reflects off us the wives tunda an ce mace da bazar mijinta take rawa and its still very true. But look for financial independence. U become an asset to him that way. Maza the way they operate is this... sabon kudi, sabon gida, sabuwar amarya... so where will u be in that equation?

Hehe! HUSNAA you are mistaken. This isn't about ME. I am an avid advocate for women being independent.

Besides, I think I'm in a different situation think. I for one have been allowed a right to education (for which

I'm very grateful, Alhamdulilah). As you mentioned, some of these girls may not have been allowed to get

tertiary education. No woman wants to depend on a man BUT and a very big BUT, my point here is; When

the woman has grown up in poverty, has no tertiary education and hence, no prospects, it is TOTALLY

UNDERSTANDABLE that she'd want a wealthy man so that she can have the life she never had and also

a better life for her children. I'm NOT saying its a good thing, but it is justifiable. True she can start up

her own business, but remember, capital has to come from somewhere. And if she chooses a rich husband

to be her source of financial security, it's HER CHOICE. She has a reason for it. True this is not what I want

for myself but since when have women ever wanted the same thing in a man? Refer to my point on different

expectations.

About the educated girls. Look at the situation in Nigeria. Not everyone that goes to University is guaranteed

a job. Not everyone that gets a job is guaranteed good pay. Not everyone that goes to university is intelligent

enough to survive the workforce. After all this, there's the ultimate right of the Muslim husband to prevent the

wife from working gabadaya. If that is the case she has no option but to depend on her husband at least till she

can figure something out for herself. So if they choose to go for "ready made" men, it's THEIR choice because

quite frankly, for the northern girl education is important and can open doors but it doesn't come with a guarantee

of financial independence.

About being realistic. We are human, we continually strive for perfection. Very often we don't get what we want,

but we hope anyway. We put our wants over what is feasible. Sometimes we get a change of heart before its too

late. Other times we learn the hard way. The case of the university girls may be a case of reaching for the stars.

Some of these girls may begin to rethink their standards when they reach the "kwantai stage". When they see that

landing a millionaire is very unlikely, they'd settle with what they have. Experience they say is the best teacher.

Trouble brings experience, and experience brings wisdom. Let them learn for themselves.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Fateez

Quote from: amira on June 11, 2008, 07:49:05 PM
What a good report ma dear sista fateez, nicely put forward what ure saying is definately
true.

Amira!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kwana da yawa! How's it going?  :)

Quote from: gogannaka on June 16, 2008, 01:48:47 PM
Nice post Fateez.
Why all these allegations about the Kano babes being materialistic
aroused from the frequent incidences that happened.
I don't think anyone is judging anyone.
Kamar yanzu ne a ce Fulani suna da wauta or buzaye.
Definately not all of them are like that but they are known for that character.

I see your point. But may I ask you a question? Nigerians are known for fraud,

no offence meant Mr. Gogannaka but are you a fraudster? Would you like to be called a fraudster? Answer, imperative.

Heheh! Yeah right! No judgment? Lemme tell ya how this thread operates.

Cycle starts: Someone says something nasty about Kano girls. People dwell, dwell, dwell on it

and put them down. Then a few weeks later, you hear something else "Wai yanzu yan matan

kano kaza kaza kaza..." Once again, everyone starts all over again. 23 pages dedicated to how

ridiculous yan matan kano are. Badmouthing them on a website that usually pops up on the first

page of a Kano google search. All allegations coming from one source: Yan mazan Kano (Hello!

One sidedness!). Little kano girl learning to use the net lands on this page. She's probably going

through her discovery days. Reads this thread, it crushes her self esteem and self respect. She

thinks she can't break the mould. She subconsciously assumes she's supposed to be like the Kano

girls she read about on the net because no matter what she does people are still going to perceive

her as a good for nothing gold digger. So she becomes one of the gold diggers. She makes an

unattainable request. Someone hears it and posts it under Kano Babes Na Wa O... some other girl

comes along..... Do I smell a vicious cycle? Badmouthing these girls is not the way to go. The way

they are portrayed here you'd think they are the cause of Kano's problems. Or you'd think they are

the worst set of people in Kano. A foreigner reading this page will probably think yan matan Kano are

a bunch of Anna Nicole Smiths and Heather Mills that are totally incapable of love.

That friend, that sister, that daughter, that cousin of yours kawai kuna kashe mata kasuwa! If you

seriously don't like yan matan kano then go else where! Ga Zaria, ga DanBatta, ga Kazaure, ga Gwarzo,

ga Bakori, ga Dutse, ga Malumfashi, ga 1 million other places nearby. There are people that have married

yan matan Kano and are living their very own happily ever afters. After all, one man's meat is another

man's poison. Some men are probably over the moon at the fact that they can give the woman all she wants.

The fact that she depends on him just strokes his ginormous ego and he prides himself with the feeling of superiority.

All this brouhaha about yan matan kano, yan mazan Kano fa? Heheh! Don't get me started on that breed of Homo Sapiens!

Of course it isn't bad at all when one reviews the future partner before marriage.
But a case where strict conditions are laid before marriage is wrong. Da haka da
haka mazajen za su yi ta guduwa or the girl falls victim to a situation where the
rich husband mistreats her cos ya san she married the money not him.

In your opinion, that is. We shouldn't impose our standards on others. If you think someone is

making a mistake there's nothing wrong with giving advice. It's up to them to take it or leave it.

Let them make their own mistakes and learn from it. That's what life is about.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Bilyaminu

Haloha, I'll first asked if Muda was strike b4 dis post, then I move forwarded recommending zezezee with the exception of few of her statements during the March 20, 2004 post, its been awhile to dig dis far. Zezezee, power, money and fame control site events, but what true men can give is loyalty, and that command respect even in the graves. I agree with u its now a global issues thanks to the new world order of technology. Again lets not narrow our topic on kano gals thou u started with kano, lets try kaduna... hav u ever had the sentence 'yaro kafi ubanka'. Now let me correct ajingi, thou our elders have not witness such, but then horses where the main rides then. Gogannaka u're spoke quite well trying to know the problem.
Hafsa-lady, I know trying to deny a harmless crime is difficult, simply admitting it wont cus a thing in a situation like this. But try and make men understand the role de play. I know of few guys who have the pledge of married or relationship with the following conditions
     1. sai da mato
     2. da gida
     3. da jari
And moreover y is it guys have treatment level on personality. Cud one not just be himself. Far back then, we kind of the desert, lion of the desert, these are all hero. I agree that honour, men should seek for, but our today problem is that men have lost the path of getting honour. Mistaking oppression for honour has brought the soft heart gals blind. If Asmaa's husband could not buy her lace while badariya husband got her ten lace which she gave two out. How on earth could asmau feel. But bringing to mind fingers are not equal, patience, loyalty and peace shall prevail in that home.
Remember in any action there most be a reaction. Honour has lost its path, oppress once, you shall be oppressed ten times I guess.
I quote my lovely long ' relationship sud not depend on money and luxurie, it depends on what matters from d inside'
Hum basic requirement... dez r all man made problem and can be solve manenically

Let me make one tin clear where problem start is where a lady 4gets her role in the community, I am not saying de r ment to be in the kitchen, no ladys are men helpers, and men should be glad and appreciate them   
I bliv if we could be a bit more honest to ourslve we could earn loyalty.
etrayal

gogannaka

Quote from: ummita on June 18, 2008, 02:51:33 PM

Gogannaka e don do you!!!........... YES WO, I HAVE TAKEN IT PERSONAL. ON MY OWN PART & FOR D VERY FIRST TIME IN THIS FORUM, I AM ANGRY. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( WHICH KINE DEY R KNOWN FOR THAT? EVERY1 GOT A LITTLE SHIRME IN DEM AND IN EVERY TRIBE TOO, WHETHER U R Hausa, Yoruba, Tiv, Kanuri or Igbo.

4 D RECORD. I AM NO MORE TALKING TO YOU AND PLEASE DO NOT TALK TO ME!!!!!! INFACT WHERE IS MY DADDY? >:(

You've just put me off from making my special announcement 2 d members of d forum. Sai na fuce zan dawo!

Ummita (nice name) make una undastand now.
I have withdrawn that statement. A zauna lafiya.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

IBB

Aa GGNK they wan chop u raw ne? A lallai 'Babes na Wa o'
IHS

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: ummita on June 18, 2008, 02:51:33 PM

Gogannaka e don do you!!!........... YES WO, I HAVE TAKEN IT PERSONAL. ON MY OWN PART & FOR D VERY FIRST TIME IN THIS FORUM, I AM ANGRY. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( WHICH KINE DEY R KNOWN FOR THAT? EVERY1 GOT A LITTLE SHIRME IN DEM AND IN EVERY TRIBE TOO, WHETHER U R Hausa, Yoruba, Tiv, Kanuri or Igbo.

4 D RECORD. I AM NO MORE TALKING TO YOU AND PLEASE DO NOT TALK TO ME!!!!!! INFACT WHERE IS MY DADDY? >:(

You've just put me off from making my special announcement 2 d members of d forum. Sai na fuce zan dawo!

Somebody is jacking off her club, GGNK take cover.

Quote from: Bilyaminu on June 19, 2008, 10:28:45 PM
Haloha, I’ll first asked if Muda was strike b4 dis post, then I move forwarded recommending zezezee with the exception of few of her statements during the March 20, 2004 post, its been awhile to dig dis far.

You have spoken well my broda, its a global thing, but i gotta tell you, i was not striken before i started this topic, i was INSPIRED by what my sight and hearing was witnessing, and one more thing, Zezezee aint a she..lol!
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

Rais

Ihmmm ur talking about Kano babes
u fogot the North East Babes ,
GN, IBB  MUDA. In kunje kwa
dawo da baya ask DB he know dem wel
Bayan Mutuwa akwai hisaby

Dan-Borno

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: Rais on August 06, 2008, 05:43:06 PM
Ihmmm ur talking about Kano babes
u fogot the North East Babes ,
GN, IBB  MUDA. In kunje kwa
dawo da baya ask DB he know dem wel

North East, where in particular? Can you be more specific?
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

Rais

Barno, Adamawa.  Amma Gombe akwai sauki
Bayan Mutuwa akwai hisaby

IBB

So are you saying Gombe babes are 'untapped resourses' should we go and 'explore' them? What are challenges/obstacles we are going to face. WHAT WILL BE THEIR GOMBE BABES NA WA O!
IHS

jewel(abdulgee22)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........GOMBE or no GOMBE,,,,,, all the babes r the same.
Babu wani sauki a GOMBE,,,,,,,,,,, suma they don spoil. IBB kawai carry wata BATURIYA....
kaga make we come sha biki.,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol
for those that sleep their dreams is a reality, wake up is just an illussion."

jewel of d nile.

Dan-Borno

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

IBB don ready comot one babe from niger sha! A friend of mine told me that her colleague went to Niger and after he came back, he come say niger babes na better pass nigerian babes.. and she come disagree. later she went to niger herself and when she came back she said na wa o!!! Na tru talk dis guy dey talk!!
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum