News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Strange Interesting Things 'Bout Northerners...

Started by Blaqueen, March 01, 2003, 01:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ihsan

lol Beebat...haba dai! wannan sai kakannin mu...dan kuwa ko iyaye basu yi... :)
greetings from Ihsaneey

Rose

Kunya is soooo cutee :-*
keep our culture alive, I no want hear any one of you
calling their husband, first child, inlaws,etc by their names
or else ;)
But honestly it sometime couse a lot of emotional problem for childrend,
cos they may be thinking why mummy didn't Love me,
So just do it right.:)
aNo Ta DaBo ChiGaRii, GaRi Ba KaNo Ba DaJin ALLaH.

Blaqueen

lol.. kunya is kute...haha...

talking about kunya... we no get that anymore oooo!!!... for example.. u'll see girls buying gifts for their boyfriend's mothers... or even calling them up and greeting them.. or even visiting them... :o

many people i talked to are so surprised and dissapointed.. hmm.. like this one girl i know.. she went to her fiancee's (at that time he wasnt even her fiancee for sure) house for gaisuwa... ::) everyone was juss eyeing her... and the man had a wife  :-/

this is new culture with girls nowadays... Maza sun fi kunya yanzu...
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

al_hamza

WOW!!!!
u mean that really happened?
MAN am missin all tha fun!
am goin back home!
;)
Gurls! here i cooooome
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

Blaqueen

lol... ali.. sorry for u....

i call my dad BAPPA... i have cousins who call their mother AUNTY... i have a friend who calls her mom YAYA... and friends who calls their dad AM...

now, i tried to explain this to a foriegn friend.. and she thinks that its bad... that a child shouldnt be deprived of the right to call his mother MAMA... and father BABA...

i told her.. hey.. its the way things roll in naija!  ;D i think its kool!

Venom

Quote? ?To kai ma Venom mai zai kai ka Masallachi ba hula. :P Or is it all part of spreading ur venom to da ppl or wat. :P :P ;D

LOL LOL LOL its not like that I only like tried it about 3 times and all the time I went in with out a hat I was pushed 2 da back even 1 time I was like among the 1st 5 people 2 get in and then when it was time to pary the old people were like u have 2 move back and I was like Y and they said I do not have a hat  ??? ??? ??? just cause I person does not have a hat does not mean that they cant stay in the front. It was even reproted that the prophet (S.A.W) 1s lead people in prayer without a hat. But of course if u try explainthat 2 the old people they would say that u r disrespecting them.
IKED BY FEW, HATED BY MANY, RESPECTED BY ALL

Venom

boyfriend's mothers... or even calling them up and greeting them.. or even visiting them

I see no harm in that, that way they do get 2 know 1 another better

Blaqueen

yeah i guess its ok... but still, i hear some grown ups complaining lol... "bata da kunya"
and i mean as in "over-calling"... and visiting tooo much, as in then the whole house gets tired of the girl...

akwai kahman kai, da reasonable kunya, amma, i guess kunya is slowly disappearing as the generation moves on... ;D

Ibro2g

yah...I agree wid u queen. You know I have a friend who had a gurl, and like hi went to her house throughout the first week thy met, but the comedy was...till they departed, sh always comes to his house. His mom was like, what kinda budurwa is this???, but she doesnt even know it happens, he eventually got sick `n tired of her and....they r no more. She has lost alotta her pride not just to his family but to us all and all who knows dat. Its not that bad, but she did it too much... Haba mace da zuwa zance :o sounds akward too.
Safety and Peace

Blaqueen

theeeereeeee we go!... u understand wut i mean.
wallahi.. i think its slolwy growing to be part of our culture...

Venom

Another strange thing out the Northerners is da whole issu of biki. I think that the whole issue of biki is pointless, when u do get married have a few friends over that would help share ur happiness and then every1 goes home full stop. But now adays it goes on 4 like a week or so.

IBB

???Dan fari ko Dan fari. light skin person or 1st born.

if u r talkin bout the 1st born, i will ask u 1st where do u guys

standard: supportin hausa culture or not.

i read ur comments on WAKOKIN HAUSA u guyz r saying that

what they r doin is bull sh*t, now u r condemin our kunyar

yan fari. i think they r ashame of da kid cos is white (fari) lol.

hey dont mind me. i feel like argueing lol   ;D ;D
IHS

Twinkle

Quote Nah wat stands amusin is like this............I think its juss that we r so courtecious & accomodatin that we even call our maiguards Kawu.........which is fair enuff.....
lol lol lol

GUYS..............What is strange with regards to what venom said is; Imagine a guy who has been thorugh so much in courtship, times when a girl stood him up and all the wulakanci he will face after that he goes through much preparing for wedding, after he pruchases the bride ;D Bayan ya siya kuma ya bada dowry, after 10 set of parties &
luncheon he has done to make her happy after all the freinds he has invited, now the real problem is so-called kawaye will lock what he has shed sweat for ko a tura ta bayan daki wai baza kaga or speak to your mata ba not until kayi siyn baki  even her baki ::) Imagine men!!! Isnt that too much. Nooooooo you dont even know what will come next! Men get prepared to start buying every part of the body..siyan baki, siyan kunni, siyan ido, siyan haunnu ::) strange! strange! strange! things in northerners never ends
color=red]I RULE IN A UNIQUE WAY!

[/color]
[/i]

Ibro2g

Gaskiyar twinkle, Ana takura ma namiji dayawa besides ba al adah bane. ANiwayz, such iz life, huh?
Safety and Peace

Ihsan

lol Beebat...duk gaskiya ne abunda kika fadi...

Ibro, al'ada ne but not Addini :)
greetings from Ihsaneey