News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

YOUR SINCERE OPINION PLS

Started by Waziri, July 31, 2003, 03:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waziri

A good friend of mine working wid one of our FM stations recently picked interest in my list of most educative topics discussed at kanoonline. He is doing a programme that he feels should discuss and bring more awareness to d public 'bout ?social, economic, health and political problems.

So far he picked the materials posted under d topic DO YOU AGREE OR "DEGREE" ?sorry pls OR DISAGREE by Ummita to start with.

D programme will be like a discussion sort of, and our responses to that topic will be read so dat d larger part of d public(our ppl) may learn from our constant FIGHTS we are fighting here.

Dis post wishes 2 know d opinion of kanoonliners about whether IT IS APPROPRIATE 4 A LADY IN ?HAUSALAND TO ASK FOR A MAN TO MARRY HER?

PLS, if u find reason 2 reply to dis, try 2 be sincere, like a councellor, because it may be used to educate and guide those our cousins, out ?there, who may not have had d opportunity to have seen d real world for them 2 be able 2 make good decisions bout d most important thing that determines there happiness in life.

Thank you and God Bless.

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
My opinion is that as Muslim we must allow our actions to be dictated by the Shariah (The Holy Qur'an and the Tradition of the Holy Prophet[SAW]), therefore it is in order for any Lady (Hausa) to ask a decent person she like to marry her, since this is not prohibited by Al-Islam.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

muhabbat

One thing that we are suppose to understand is that is not the duty of a girl to find a husband for herself ratrher it is her parent's responsibility,that is if we are talking about it islamically.

kilishi

QuoteOne thing that we are suppose to understand is that is not the duty of a girl to find a husband for herself ratrher it is her parent's responsibility,that is if we are talking about it islamically.

But the parents can not deny their child his/her right,and islam is talking of when she is not matured enough,but nowadays all girls know what is right and what is wrong,and she knows the type of person to present to her parents.
ilishi

Gimbiya

I think it's okay for a woman to ask somebody in hands of marriage, besides nana khadija did it back in the days so it's islamically right. it's just because of culture and tradition nothing work right, now if a woman ask a mand to marry her he will probably do but the whole world will hear about it and later on it might become a problem for them...(gori kuwa ta sha shi) amma har yanzu ina kan baka na, if a woman see a man that she's interesting in she should go for it, try to forget about what alumma will say at least you have performed your sunnah
color=pink] Knoledge Saves Lives--- FAAWIN[/color]

Hafsy_Lady

Dis post wishes 2 know d opinion of kanoonliners about whether IT IS APPROPRIATE 4 A LADY IN ?HAUSALAND TO ASK FOR A MAN TO MARRY HER?

PLS, if u find reason 2 reply to dis, try 2 be sincere, like a councellor, .
You want sincerity you gat that from me. ;) Waziri Hausa women will ask men to marry them if they like them. This is not haram to ask. Besides Hausaland value the great religion which is Islam, so long Islam does not forbade it so it is alright to ask and it is far beyond appropriate it is very very very ok

Gosh! Waziri what are you saying. My brother it is very very ok. I am not hausa but lets say hausa and fulanis are related. Now I studied hausa girls in hausaland. Majority of them, If they jam with a guy and they gat the hots for him. Hell yah they ask straight up no bends! Hausa girlssssss in hausaland, and speaking of the open eyed onces and talking of girls of nowadays mhmmmmmmmmm :o :o THEY DONT EVEN ASK, BROTHER NA STRAIGHTMRE TO BABA LAWO (OGA VODOO) ::)
What you see is what you get[/b]

Saurayi

QuoteOne thing that we are suppose to understand is that is not the duty of a girl to find a husband for herself ratrher it is her parent's responsibility,that is if we are talking about it islamically.
I disagree with this writer. From Islamic point of view parents select a husband for their daughter if she is not matured. If a girl is matured and knows the difference between right and wrong,her parents shouldn't impose husband on her. Remember there is no trial and error in marriage rather its suppose to be for a life time. To my opinion if one is making a mistake in selecting his or her spouse, they should make the mistake their selves, not someone to make the mistake for them.

I think there is nothing wrong in a lady asking a decent man to marry her. Afterall what a man can do a woman can do better.
aurayi.

Venom

This is a very interesting topic, as we all know in Islam its is not wrong 4 a woman 2 present herself to a righteous man for marriage this is backed up by a hadith where a woman presented herself for marriage 2 the Prophet {S.A.W}. I would like to posse a question 4 Waziri r we taking about Hausa women in the villages or Hausa women of the cities? Because they r in 2 different categories
IKED BY FEW, HATED BY MANY, RESPECTED BY ALL

kilishi

Quoteiwould like to posse a question 4 Waziri r we taking about Hausa women in the villages or Hausa women of the cities? Because they r in 2 different categories [/qoute]

That is a very good question,ok waziri please clarify :-X
ilishi

Waziri

Ok,

Ma good ppl, I think if we say we are speaking to the ones in the village .... I just dunno, but I think dayawan mutanen kauye basu da kyakkyawan attachment da sound value system of the Hausa-Fulani. It is those in the cities feel Big or too complacent to debase so low to ask a man to marry them. But yet I think they have some reasons to it all.

They say if you ask a man out he feels maybe u don't have alternatives ne kawai sai kika yi masa magana. May be kina son sa ne don kinga kila kin dade bakiyi aure ba... the maybes are many.

Though the religion allows it, but yet some Matammu feel like they are bringing themselves too low to stage a move. By the way u find in our culture, I mean the grannies telling young brides to try as much as possible to hide the much affection they have for their spouses believing that if they should shower them with much love they will not have much commitment to them...

Now how about asking out in the 1st place? Our grannies think there is problem, how about u?

kilishi

'yan village kam from ten years ma sun samu miji,so they don't have to be begging men around to marry them. ::) ::)
ilishi

al_hamza

okay

i got the point,

actually, u see i believe man and woman were created equal, so saying that a man has the right to ask and a woman doesnt ermmmm that sounds quite odd to me,

i wouldnt see it as a bad thing if a woman asked someone to marry her, only two things would come to my mind

1) probably she loved him so much that she couldnt wait for him to ask her,

2) maybe she's in some sort of trouble and she needs to get out of it by getting married, as such hmmmm the man would be doing alot good and insha'Allah he'd be rewarded.

so ladies, anyone intrested in me? better come out  ;D
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

al_hamza

ummita stay out of it, i dont want my children growing up watching world war 3 everyday  ;D ;D ;D
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

Venom

Quoteummita stay out of it, i dont want my children growing up watching world war 3 everyday

LOL LOL LOL and thats the hit of the day
IKED BY FEW, HATED BY MANY, RESPECTED BY ALL

kilishi

Quoteummita stay out of it, i dont want my children growing up watching world war 3 everyday ?;D ;D ;D

:o :o :o :o :o :o
ilishi