News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Cameroon it is!

Started by Muhammad, February 06, 2004, 06:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhammad

Just a quick note, i was known as Amin in this forum before i changed it to myadudu. I think this fits me better
Salam
Yes I am scared!
Come Sunday the 8th Feb, the super eagles would have to, once and for all, prove their lot against the indomitable lions ( i think it should be invincible Lions). All the teams NIgeria had played so far are teams, in our perception, we can beat. And yes we did beat some of them- well actually thrashed S-Africa.
But cameroun, oh cameroun is something. I don't have the stats up head, but in my 20 years of existence, and almost 14 years of watching foodball, i can't think of when Nigeria ever triumphed against cameroun. The last time we met, in ?2000 @ Lagos, they whipped us bad. we had to play catch up and the rest is history (bitter history at that).
Now they say its different. Okocha, Utaka, Chukwu, Yobo et al have all predicted victory. But iam still skeptical. While the camerounians have been playing great against good teams ( drawing france, wining against Yugo and S-Africa and loosing to Holland), Nigeria has reamaind stagnant.
We lost against Magreb and couldnt punish Benin enough      ( yeah that 2-1 ?shnel, for those who speak german).
But then since we are Nigerians, we have to be optimistic. Perhaps pride and arrogance might motivate the team to win. But even in proving their arrogance the Nigerian team is arrogant.
Let's hope they stop cameroun from wining 3 consecutive titles. That will really suck
What says you? (yes you reading this post).
CIAO

Maqari

I feel you bro although my days of following soccer are long gone with the winds of the mid nineties glory days i can fathom the disappointment one suffers when supporting the current nigerian team , well lets just hope they win, keep me posted , oh yeah one more thing  do u speak any gearman or visited the country ? i happen to be heading to Duseeldorf on the 9th may be u can give me some head ups" whatever the case is may the better team wins on sunday . ONE

lionger

NIGERIA --CAMEROUN CONTEST

YEAR................COMPETITION......................SCORE.............................

1962..................NK CUP................................3-1................................

1963..................NKCUP.................................2-1................................

1968..................WC-Q..................................1-1.................................

1968.................WC-Q..................................3-2..................................

1972.................FRIENDLY.............................1-0.................................

1975.................FRIENDLY.............................1-0.................................

1978...................AAG....................................0-0.................................

1980...................0-0.....................................0-0.................................

1984...................ANC-F................................1-3.................................

1988...................ANC....................................1-1................................

1988...................ANC-F.................................0-1................................

1989....................WC-Q.................................2-0................................

1989....................WC-Q................................1992..............................

1992.....................ANC-3RD-P........................2-1................................

200......................ANC-F................................2-2................................

2004....................ANC-QF...............................?..................................

Anonymous

Muhammad

salam
thanks Lionger for the wel researched reply.
ah MaQari. I dont speak german fluently but do understand it somewhat from (what  a friend here at school) tells me.
Yes idid change my name to reflect who i am. the first letter (m) represents my name. the latter part, my fathers name.

zezezee

it just had to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how can this keep happening?????????????????
NO WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 just realised that nothing is what it seems.

lionger

2-1 Nigeria wins  ;D ;D !!! I hope say u peeps in Naija dey rejoice like when we beat brazil and argentina in Atlanta 96.

Maqari

Well now that nigeria has properly whoop  that ass, the statement "whatever the case is may the better team wins on sunday " dosent sound that audacious anymore, congratulations folks.

Sas

Oh yeah Even without Yakubu, victor and Celestine, we managed to PUNISH Cameroon. But we have not yet revenged. Until we go to there National Stadium, play against them and bring the Cup to Abuja, then we have revenged but until then, this is just a good game from our guys. They didn't show the Nigerian-attitude and ofcourse we have our influential skipper we Beckham-like neat passes and ofcourse the Free-Kick. That was classic.

Tunisia here we come! I want 3-0
ny good thing I said is from Allah and any bad thing I said is from me...So I ask for Allah's forgiveness for my errors both conscious and unconscious ones...Ameen!!!

Waziri

Yes, this shows the reality of this life. Infact what we see most often is not what we get.

My father used to tell me that " What ever scares you in this world will one day be conquered by you, and what ever it is that is at your service will oneday overwhelm you."

The first case applies to Nigeria and the second to Cameroun

zezezee

But we have not yet revenged. Until we go to there National Stadium, play against them and bring the Cup to Abuja, then we have revenged but until then

ohhh yes my man...............very true indeed!
When r they even hosting the damn competition? I say they give them 2006......so that we show dem pepper in time.
But again, I think decipline is finally comng back to our national team...I just hope and pray it is here for keeps.
 just realised that nothing is what it seems.

ummita

WHAT R U GUYS TALKING ABOUT?

Lurd hav mercy upon mah soul nt FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!

Who Won sef?
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Muhammad

salam
sure i am excited here by the news but hardly impressed.
The goals scored were a product of 'manipulative consolidation' instead of 'tactical superiority'. This is not just semantics. let me explain.
First, interms of possesion cameroun won 53-47. that is cameroun had the ball more than we did. As for 'potential possesion' Nigeria won by 22-15. that is NIgeria had 22 chances to score whilst cameroun had 15.
and this is what bothers me.
Why must nigeria score only twice out of 22 chances? reason is simple, WE HAVE NO FINISHERS. Kanu is, apologist to his fans, Old Rafiki ( the lion king oldie). He cannot hold the ball without being dispossesed or fouled. he passes all too often and all too soon, which undermined our scoring chances as the stat above shows. he cannot play 90 minutes anymore. please lets boot him out!
In fairness to the new kid, peter O, he does hold the ball creates chances for his striking partner. but kanu fails him.
i am even tired of writing on kanu now.
As for the team, without Okocha, we would have LOSSED. this is not a good sign because he might be injured, yellow carded or snub nigeria's invitation and we are left with nothing.  as hausa people say, "wake daya baya miya" or in english, " one tree doesnt make a forest".
Utaka's goal was a fluke and had Kameni anticipated Utaka's incoherent moves closely, he would have deflected (in fact he did touch it but not strong enough).
To my NIgerian compatriots, WE NEED A NEW TEAM.