News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Colonial Masterz Are Back on Track!!!

Started by Anonymous, December 20, 2002, 05:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Why are the outsiders still getting involved with Nigeria?

Seeems like Nija is so overwhelmed having British/Americans interferring way beyound too far to explain!! Its cool having white skin they say>>>>> by Lagosians.

I say, if care is not taken mayb Europeans will dominate Nija again.

Am not racist, tribalist or neither am I opposing to the fact that other countries shouldnt help out on Nija.
But even if they are helping out. Is it fairly done? What sort of image, impression are they giving to their viewers back at home about Nigeria? How are we being labelled by them?

Partening this topic about outsiders, how their involvement in our affairs is becoming too much, that I would say colonial masters might be knocking Nijaz door again & Nija might be about welcoming them back without their own knowledge!!!

BBC had a programme titled "unreported world".. The journalist was only there to cover reports on the Beauty Contest crisis.. He went ahead and delved on, zapped into religious crisis...e.g sharia law with regard to the case of Amina. He even went ahead to visit where she was secretly hidden for her own security & safety(In his interview with Amina, one of his questions really got me...."He said do you think if a hausa christian was ruling would you be safe"?)!! Imagine!!!

Americanz also signed a book in favour of Amina to be left alone & alive: stating that "she was only fulfulling natural desires as a human being" (stated by one of those interviewed on the streets of San Francisco).

The journalist also started discusing about how people where living in poor conditions, brutality of police force toward people, bribery & corruption, issues over the Quassi/land crisis.

Issues about robbery/vodoo & more...... but I taught he was only there to cover up the contest issues...  :-/ then why going diverse on Nigeria as a whole & stripping Nija naked on National TV!!!.

Do you think they would allow a Nigerian Reporter to cover up issues concerning their political,social,economical problems ballentana a documentary on their animal parks?!!! Wai, I dont think so!!!Think about it.

Havent these outsiders played a major part during the slavery times & then being our colonial masters?

Isnt it about time for them to back off? Cant Nigeria atleast take care of things on its own?

Or has Nigeria not learnt that its got its INDEPENTDENT since 1960? !!!!!!!

When si Nigeria likeyly to recoup in everything? When will Nigeria be unmislaid & when will our great land finally elevate & eliminate?

Do you think we are all capable of making a betterment Nigeria? Or are we going to allow colonial masters back to being an umblical cord that we can no longer cut out?

Millions upon billion of people, Nija citizens b it farmers, politicians, youths, literates & the illetrates have all spoken of this one and only Nigeria. They have spoken good and bad, they have spoken about how Nigeria can reconstrucut itself into a great continent again, they have spoken on how we can call "Nigeria is the best" Yet why have ppls ideas, suggestions still not been put in to test or practise takless of consideration!!! Our ideas that could make major & alot of improvement & difference to Nigeria.

We have discussed load of issues concerning Nigeria in this forum, so when are we all going to stop critising & say finally Nigeria is the best in Africa.

Mhmmm...Nigeria!    Nigeria!   Nigeria

Anonymous

This is a great topic. A bunch of flowers to you.  :P Honestly speaking you have said all that need to be covered, Gaskiya I dont know where Nigeria is heading to. Trully have we not gotten our independence in 1960? And truly they are interfeering way way tooo much.

Aydee Fella

ehen..how do you expect any change after yall have been re cycling the same leaders right from the first republic.Let dem old bones rest for Gods sake.
never rat out yur friends n alwaiz keep yur mouth shut"

Blaqueen

lol @ goodfella... a-toh... if we clean ourselves up... then there wouldnt be anything to diss...
but i still say, the western media is VERY biased... they always point out the negative things about Africa and stress on it.. like they dont have issues of their own... *hiss
Allah ya fi su..
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Anonymous

True 2 that, Ummita babes, Not in a decades time will they allow a Nigerian reporter to speak of their issues. Yeah its about time Nigeria puts down a feet and say no......... yanzu ma ga bashi, (debts) din da ake bin Nigeria. Everywhere 2 step your feet you will smell Nigeria & they are present in anything. The funny thing about Nigeria is that its just great.

Religiously, muslims came first in the world Quar'anic recititation, & if there is to be a black pope,  a Nigerian pope will be selected.

Critics, those saying bad about Nigeria are the Nigerians their selves

Selfishness, This is all Nigeria, everyone wants to be the president

Foolishity na Nigerians, don bature na kasarka, se mai, but that Obasanjo person dey open mouth dey blow speech weey he no even fulfil the promises. Y? don a idon Bush ne or what?

Media passes alot of propaganda, so those these Europeans passing alot of discrepansies about kasarmu

Blaqueen

therefore we shld have our own media.. but noooo the people who are able to do so are out there.. being selfish... wasting money... keepin' money in foreign countries... investin' in other countries... hmmm... :-/

nura

Talking about media check out Jakada Radio on 125Khz, 25meters band(SW). Their Hausa Service transmission is between 8.00pm and 8.30pm from 23rd. December. It belongs to Yusuf Manman and broadcast from Spain. When OBJ dem refused him licence he got one in Spain.

And Nija, Nija, Nija. I am just tired. Well the Holy Prophet(SAW) said Allah(SWT) does not change the rulers of nation until the followers i.e. the people change themselves. Our people are selfish, arrogant, immoral and evil, so therefore(as Zeburdaya will say) Allah (SWT) gave immoral, selfish, greedy, arrogant and evil leaders period. shikenan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets change. How many people want to teach, very negligible but everybody was taught by someone. An unofficial survey of 10 primary school children was done to find out what they would like to be in the future. All pupils are in Primary 5; 3 want to be Bankers, 3 want to be Perm. Secs, 3 want to be in the military and 1 wants to be a custom officer. Of course I dont have to tell youwhy they chose these professions. But I asked one of those that wants to be Perm. Sec as to why he chose to be a perm. sec after graduation, hear him " My friends Dad a perm. Sec. has five jeeps and all his children drive cars once they come of age.

And let me give you another shocker. A friends kid brother while going to school in the morning begged him for N20, this boy is in Primary 3, of course his brother refused and asked whether his mum has not given him money he said she has given him but needed the N20 to bribe his prefect for late coming. imagine, primary 3 kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May be just 7 years old, whither Nija. If at seven you give bribe and at 11 (like the prefect) you take bribe by the time you are grown up only God knows what you'll do.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God bless Nigeria.
agari Nakowa Mugu Sai Maishi

Muhammad

Barka Da Sallah everyone.

Wato jibberish din da mallama Ummita ta rubuta ga wannan forum din bashi shi da karshe.
Her write up betrays her sense of objectivity and relatedness with the issue at stake " Colonialism ......". I am in no way implying you are off mark, mind you, but pointing out the stark polarity between colonialism and what you are trying to convey- American/Western neo-imperialism. This two terms aint the same thing but you mixed them up and that, my dear, is your short coming. Nasan I will be naive idan na yarda cewa Nasara basu tsane mu ba amma, to think they are planing some sought of milkin mallaka a Nigeria is ah........... well no need to say i suppose.
THink for a second what they stand to gain if they colonize Nija? OIL? but thats not yours (Niger Delta?) and we have demonstrated the ability to the whole world that we do not know how to manage that resource. Would you not be happy, if the American control, in part, of the Nigerian Oil sector means employment for all Nigerians? Of course you are but that is not the answer.
Neo colonialism has notthing to do with physical military presence of a foreign power, and that is a good thing. Think of South Korea, Indonesia and Thailand for a minute and guess who is better off, Nija or them. I hope you see where I am going.
Anyway, zance wannan subject din da kika kirkiro na bukatar gyara, meaning you need to elaborate. Domin Yan Ingila BBc sunce wani abu game da Amina Lawal wannan ruwansu ne, mu addinin mu yace, "lakum diniku wali yadin". Basically, lets have nothing to do with them and then a mutual respect btw the parties might be achieved.

PS: I remember a popular song sang by kids at state school about bashing nasara. It goes like this:
      Bature  da cin tuwa kamar mallam saminu
      Da hancin sa da tukus kamar kwan kadan gare
      da kunnen sa ja- putur kamar bayn attaruhu
I have forgotten the other lyric but, I hope this helps in your quest to Fight WESTERN ENCROACHMENT of the chaste bilads of sarkin musulmi Shehu. Dont forget to dorn a burqa  lead anti colonial force of women modelled after UBL's tactics in S arabia.
Bye for now.

ummita

Thnx Amin I'll take that as a compliment.
I was goin 2 keep shut but then I taught I will juss pass this out.

This is juss a forum, u can agree or disagree, totally up 2 u. If u disagree with my jibberish all u gatta du is bring out ur facts. U dont have 2 sound rude. Then again I remembered thats alwayz how u respond 2 ppl topics. So it duznt bother me.

One thing I like about u is d intelligence u have in distinguishin what is a controversy from wayz u can point out ur views without sound..... oh...here I cum again.

To,... perfectors of perfectionalism, u can go ahead & correct all my jibberesih. Am not perfect! Juss using my leisure hrs 2 contribute. Oh boy this is how they start instigatin things. All I did n will du is contribute 2 ppls topic 'n' put on mine when eva I wish.
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Muhammad

Apology

I should not have used the word "Jibberish". I understand it has a negetive connotation.
Anyway, we thank you for pointing out that mistake. It will not happen again.
Bissalam

ummita

Nah, Ameen ya riga ya wuce, My believe is in anything public enione can have their say, 'n' that goes 4 u as well. But it shud alwayz remain fair. Besides its just a thread so.... no probs @ all....

ummita

Nah, Ameen ya riga ya wuce, My believe is in anything public enione can have their say, 'n' that goes 4 u as well. But it shud alwayz remain fair. Besides its just a thread so.... no probs @ all....

Blaqueen

amin... u should really really really try to be less offensive... u post things here as if u feel ur smarter than everyone else... plz.. refrain from trying to bash in others...

mr. Abu.. are u serious?? ok i'll check the radio station out... thanx