News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

ASUU Continues Strike

Started by Muhsin, March 27, 2007, 10:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

Wayyo ni! I had written a very long reply to your reply Jewel when I last  browsed but the computer did what it always does-stop responding.

But when I come back I will, by Allah's grace, re-write some words again.
Thanks for your words, Jewel.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Muhsin
I will tell you how to avoid this condition of non response of yr post and consequently u losing all the efforts that u made, which is not easy to redo a second time.
Next time you reply to a post especially if it is a long one or it took u a long time to write, try and copy and paste it in a word document first, before clicking the 'send/post' button. That way if yr post doesnt get throu, you can always copy it from the word doc and paste and resend and it will take less than 10 secs a second time to do everything, and what's more if it still doesnt get throu, u keep trying, since u have ur write up intact.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

amira

this strike seems like it will neva stop n i cant believe it happened during the time of students examination, Allah ya shirya ameen. :(
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

HUSNAA

In dai ASUU ne they can extend it to nearly a yr. It has happened before, amma Allah Ya kiyaye wannan karon. Naji wai albashim malamai is going to be stopped. To it didnt deter lecturers in the past from carrying on. I just wish the govt will seriously see to education in Nigeria.

Imagine wai za a kashe 800 million naira a kan bukin rantsad da 'yar aduwa? Why? cant he just take the oath of office and be done with it? Should we have an inauguration ball? Yanzu in kayi magana sai ace ai america ma suna celebrating inaugration in as much as suke rigging election. To amma America is very very very rich, kuma bata da social malaises da muke da shi, wanda that  800 million could be better spent in taking care of some of those malaises rather than squandering it to put an unelected president in office.

Dan-Borno

I dont understand this strike, UNIMAID is on session while
others are on strike, ko dai abin saniyar ware ne? I just
pray ASUU will not discipline them for non compliance.

Aunty Husnaa, 800 million naira ai is a small money, remember we
are celebrating a huge success in the history of this country, since
we have the money ai ya kamata mu hole.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

amira

Dan borno, you dont understand it or i dont, its just a total mess.

Dan-Borno

Amira, are you referring to ASUU or 800m spree?
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

amira

gogannaka

It is not only UNIMAID that has backed out of the strike action.Some other universities too.Maybe it is because of the new policy of 'no work no pay' that the Obj administration has introduced recently and is going to implement.

It is becoming obvious that the federal government is going to break the unity of the academic Union as it has the NLC.

The students in BUK are now blaming the ASUU chairman (or president ne?ko ma dai menene) and the former secretary (who throughout his stay in the UK 2 yrs back there was no strike) for the strike action.

Allah ya sawwake.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

jewel(abdulgee22)

Quote from: gogannaka on May 25, 2007, 09:48:20 PM
It is not only UNIMAID that has backed out of the strike action.Some other universities too.Maybe it is because of the new policy of 'no work no pay' that the Obj administration has introduced recently and is going to implement.

It is becoming obvious that the federal government is going to break the unity of the academic Union as it has the NLC.

The students in BUK are now blaming the ASUU chairman (or president ne?ko ma dai menene) and the former secretary (who throughout his stay in the UK 2 yrs back there was no strike) for the strike action.

Allah ya sawwake.

shege shi dayaje UK, ai wht he did down there was his Phd and he did it with 9ja money, and let him come out and tell u guys did he see STRIKE in UK. Ko kuma kudi ubanshi ne yayi amfani dashi a UK. Is that stupid guy from Maths Dept in BUK " who talks like Dan gwado" (no pointing fingers). After all he doesnt knw hw to TEACH squad kawai sai shirmen banza.  >:(  8)
for those that sleep their dreams is a reality, wake up is just an illussion."

jewel of d nile.

Muhsin

Any latest about this seems-like endless strike?

HUSNAA

Zai kare ne watarana Muhsin. Allah Ya sa dai ba kuyi zaman banza a gida ba. That is all. If the things that the lecturers are after can be sorted out then all will not be in vain in sha Allah, domin standard din a ke so a far fado da shi.

*~MuDa~*

To albishirin ku?, where i work i do come in contact with most of the senior lecturers, and i do get inside information first-hand concerning the strike situation, well i will presume u answered 'goro', i heard from one of my reliable sources that the strike Insha Allah will be called off today, coz the meeting so far is favourable, there was a national chapter strike that will define the final resolution of the meeting in abuja, so the strike will be suspended indefinately insha Allah!
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

To Alhamdulillahi
Barka. ASUU have finally come round to its senses shall we say? To Muhsin Allah Ya Taimaka.