News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

No Spiritual Path (tariqa) without Shari`a

Started by Mujib, May 17, 2004, 07:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mujib

No Spiritual Path (tariqa) without Shari`a

Answered by Shaykh Gibril Haddad

Question:

I have some naqshbandi friends who tell me that there is haqiqa without sharia and that the sharia doesn?t apply to walis and majdhoubs. They relate that the story of Khidr shows he was above sharia and that the Awliya are at the same level as Khidr. Are the Awliya at the same level and was Sayyinduna Khidr above Sharia?

Wa `alaykum as-Salam:

They are not Naqshbandis but are standing outside the door of the beginning level or else they would know - as any Muslim knows, let alone sufi novices - that any contravention of the shari`a is either kufr or zandaqa i.e. disbelief and heresy. This was made very clear by Shah Naqshband who said "Our path is the path of the Companions." As for al-Khidr, upon him peace, the majority of the scholars - and Allah knows best - consider him a Prophet, therefore he is better than all the Awliya put together as the Tahawiyya states. Even if he was a wali, he would never be above the Shari`a. How could anyone be above the Shari`a when the Prophet Muhammad himself never placed himself above it, nor will the Prophet `Isa - upon both of them peace - be following other than the Shari`a when he comes down from the heaven.

Hajj Gibril

Source: Hanafi Fiqh List - //www.sunnipath.com