News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

RABA NIGERIA GIDA BIYU

Started by Bashir Ahmad, March 20, 2010, 06:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lionger

Ghaddafi has always been an attention-seeking clown on the international stage.  The surprise is that some of us are so shocked at his latest statement on Nigeria that we are resorting to denial. It is not the first controversial statement he has made and it will certainly not be the last.  That someone like him could rise to be AU head and speak for Africa tells you the least you need to know about the state of leadership in Africa. Nigeria will far more likely 'tear' than 'split', and as bad as things are right now I don't think any of us wants to witness the consequences of such shallow reasoning.

By the way, HUSNAA and IBB, I think you have been unfair in your judgement of the UN's activity in Africa. While the UN's failures and weaknesses are obvious, the efforts of its socio-economic and humanitarian bodies in Africa's disaster areas ought not to be easily dismissed.  Yes, these orgs could be more effective, but we would be worse off without them. And since the end of the Cold War, half of its peace-keeping operations have been in Africa. As of 2005, about 50,000 UN troops were involved in Africa, which at the time amounted to 85 % of all active UN peacekeepers worldwide. Moreover, we should remember that the UN's peacekeeping efforts in Africa include stints in Liberia and Sierra Leone, places where the activity of Libyan-trained 'revolutionaries' resulted in civil war and chaos. The lives of Nigerian soldiers were part of the price paid to clean up the mess in those places. For this reason I cannot applaud Ghaddafi's sanctimonious and hypocritical posturing at the UN meeting last year. Libya has been part of the problem with wars in West Africa and not the solution.

lionger

Quote from: mallam on March 29, 2010, 01:09:47 PM
Ghadaffi knows next to nothing about Nigeria,
Our problem is not about being unable to live together, but it is just the rulership that has being taken over by "Aliens form outter hell' who have no feeling for the nation.
Aliens from outter hell, i call them, if they were not, who will rob his nation to build a foreign country.
Ghaddafi should keep shut and face his internal problems.
Our greatness lies in our continued existence.
i sometimes wish the Oil dries up soon, maybe when these aliens start milking our blood for export, we the masses will stand and defend our blood, (since we have failed in defending our rights.
Mutum ya sace maka hakkin ka, kuma ka ce mai Rankaidade

mallam, it is easy to divorce ourselves from our parasitic leaders, but the truth is that they are one of us. They are not aliens from hell, they are 'sons of the soil' like us; they are our relatives, our brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers. This is the truth. So clearly our problem geos deeper than the ruling class to the people and cullture that produce them.