News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

"...to harry potter, the boy who lived..."

Started by beautilicious, September 11, 2004, 10:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fateez

Hmmmm....Yeah who is going to die? Something tells me a Weasley is

going to die they are too many of them in the book! Nine to be exact, the

probability of a Weasley dying is higher than that of any other character.

It'll be really sad though. Even though Percy is my least favourite, I still

dont want him to die. Mr Weasley has escaped death on two occasions,

could he be 3rd time lucky? Or maybe Ginny is going to follow her heart

to go after Harry...who knows...

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

*~MuDa~*

Can anybody helf and send me ze book II, am looking por it desperately!Ip u habe it and leave in Kano u are op great helf.
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

Check the Brit council Muda. There used to be a copy of Harry Potter, and I am sure they will have the whole series since  only british literary and audio visual products  are stockd at the council and JK is sooooo Brit and famous.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: "HUSNAA"Check the Brit council Muda. There used to be a copy of Harry Potter, and I am sure they will have the whole series since  only british literary and audio visual products  are stockd at the council and JK is sooooo Brit and famous.

Am not registered at Brit. Coucinl and am not sure if i will any sooner, and belibe me eben ip i was...ze harry fotter books most habe been scoofed away by our younger ones!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

gogannaka

Quote from: "*~MuDaCriS~*"
Quote from: "HUSNAA"Check the Brit council Muda. There used to be a copy of Harry Potter, and I am sure they will have the whole series since  only british literary and audio visual products  are stockd at the council and JK is sooooo Brit and famous.

Am not registered at Brit. Coucinl and am not sure if i will any sooner, and belibe me eben ip i was...ze harry fotter books most habe been scoofed away by our younger ones!

Very funny
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

*~MuDa~*

www.articlesdir.co.cc

gogannaka

I know that you and libraries just dont match  :P

Whats the latest regarding the latest Harry potter movie and the last book.That woman wants to kill Harry fa.

HUSNAA

The Harry Potter movie is coming out  in July (Maybe 17th).  She cant kill him!!! she mustnt!! The whole point of Harry's popularity is becos he always beats the odds. U know that thin about good v evil and good alway wins in the end. She'd have mass hysteria in her hands. I for one will cry for weeks after if she kills him :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Fateez

Dat woman ehn, i believe if she cud kill dumbledore  :'( :'( 

then she can kill Harry or Ron or Hermione too cos i dunno

about you people but i believe da real hero since da beginning

of da book is Dumbledore - Da greatest Wizard dat ever lived.

{In da world of fiction, that is}

Da new book is out July 22, I so can;t wait!!!

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

HUSNAA

Maybe Dumbledore isnt really dead, but has to fake it realistically between him and Snape. Anyway, the plot is such that now she has to decide whether Snape is really a good guy in disguise or totally on the other side. I just wish it werent the last book.

Fateez

Same here!!! But i think Snape is bad. I think he only did it so that

he would redeem himself as a faithful servant once and for all in the

eyes of Voldermort. Thats why he did the unbreakable vow with

Narcissa. He knew definitely no matter what, Draco Malfoy would not

be able to carry out the task. Judging from his earlier conversation with

Bellatrix, he wants to score more points to become Voldermorts number

one. That JK sure knows how to keep people in suspense!!! She purposely

left the Snape story ambiguous to keep people guessing!!! But one thing

though, she confirmed in an interview that Dumbledore is dead as in dead

forever. Though she said there's going to be a bit more detail about Aberforth

Dumbledore and the Dumbledore family and maybe the Pettigrews too.

HUSNAA

So what's the point in giving us a posthumous Dumbledore if he cant be back in the flesh???
Fateez, I saluteooooooooooo!! I had better get back and read the whole collection. I have totally forgotten the stories. I think it is bcos I read them superficially only.

Do you know Georgette Heyer? She was a historical romance novelist. She was the only person, one of whose books, I have read a dozen times or more. I highly recommend her to you Fateez. However you can, get a novel written by her and read it. Start with 'Friday's child'. That will make you fall in love with all her other novels. Lol I am not sure if I dont associate a little bit of the heroine in Friday's child with you!!

gogannaka

The director of Xena the heroine killed her in the last episode of the series.People were so disappointed that he decided to continue the series and revive her.As children would say 'dama mutuwar karya ce'.That is what is going to happen to dumbledore.

Fateez

Quote from: HUSNAA on February 22, 2007, 01:44:58 PM
So what's the point in giving us a posthumous Dumbledore if he cant be back in the flesh???
Fateez, I saluteooooooooooo!! I had better get back and read the whole collection. I have totally forgotten the stories. I think it is bcos I read them superficially only.

Do you know Georgette Heyer? She was a historical romance novelist. She was the only person, one of whose books, I have read a dozen times or more. I highly recommend her to you Fateez. However you can, get a novel written by her and read it. Start with 'Friday's child'. That will make you fall in love with all her other novels. Lol I am not sure if I dont associate a little bit of the heroine in Friday's child with you!!

Hehe, is dat a good thing or a bad thing? I'd try to find da book asap.

Georgette Heyer? never heard of her...actually i cant remember da last

time i read a historical romance book...its been years. They're good tho.

InshaAllah i'd search for this one and keep u posted. Thanx 4 da tip  :)  :)

HUSNAA

You'll love the heroine. I cant forget her and I first read the book when I was thirteen yrs old!!! i have read it more than a dozen times since then and I still enjoy it (and find something new!). The author is so addictive that she has a huge fan following and a very dedicated fan has a website in which u can indulge  in discussions of the books to yr heart's content. Incidentally, Georgette Heyer was the woman that inspired EVERY OTHER modern historical romance novelist from the 1980s to date. I have tried reading other historical romances by other modern day authors who were inspired by her. But I havent found one.. not a single ONE that I have enjoyed or liked in so far as it was modelled after her style of writing. None of them could match her form or her witticisms, and consequently I have stopped reading them. Other authoresses u might  (I say might cos we could have different tastes) like, are Catherine Cookson (she is superb), and Mrs Gaskell (I think her name is Catherine also). For modern novelists, I liked Judith Mitchener (is her name, i think... cant remember) but she wrote a novel called 'Perfect'. It was really good. Cant remember any other oh Barbara Taylor Bradford ( A woman of substance). Anyway my forte is historical novels.

Ok what's their names? Sidney Sheldon,  Jefferey Archer and Robert Ludlum. My favorite male authors, oh and Anthony trollope (Barchester Chronicles and all that) Oh oh oh forgot Dominic Dunn. Very very enjoyable novels ( I read one of his books only, but I read his articles in Vanity fair whenever I get the chance  He is so good with social nuances of upper crust American societies. Ladies who lunch and all that.......). New novels? The Da Vinci code? Who is the author? Havent had time to read it... I am so out of books at the moment.....