News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

pls who knows (Dan kunar bakin wake) ?

Started by warahoo, April 26, 2007, 01:18:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warahoo

Fear God...!

HUSNAA

Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

warahoo

Fear God...!

Muhsin

It obviously seems warahooalso know what Dan Kunar.....means from his reaction to the aunty Husnaa's simple but precise and logical reply. Why did you show up your reaction in such a way?

That is that. In your question, I think, you need to specify a bit what do you wanna know about him? Isn't it? 

Although, let me try;they called him/her SUICIDE attacker. But I don't know if I answer your question. Thats how I comprehend it.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

IBB

Oh c'mon I thot somebody will know this. Dan kunar bakin wake means suicidal. the word came about due to the story of a cruel Prince and his slave called Bakin-Wake. The prince use to ride on the back of his slaves like riding animals wiping them, one day he was riding on Bakin-wake and wiping him, Bakin-wake saw a fire burning so he held the prince tied and jump into the fire, they both burned to death. that was how that word came about. I remember my mum told me this story
IHS

Fateez

Quote from: IBB on May 09, 2007, 10:19:57 AM
Oh c'mon I thot somebody will know this. Dan kunar bakin wake means suicidal. the word came about due to the story of a cruel Prince and his slave called Bakin-Wake. The prince use to ride on the back of his slaves like riding animals wiping them, one day he was riding on Bakin-wake and wiping him, Bakin-wake saw a fire burning so he held the prince tied and jump into the fire, they both burned to death. that was how that word came about. I remember my mum told me this story

Hehe, yes, my mum told me the exact same story too! I first heard da phrase on

BBC hausa (da best place to perfect your hausa vocab). But in my story the prince

was young and always terrorizing the workers in the palace. Didn't know he used

the slaves as horses.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

gogannaka

Surely after suffering comes enjoyment