News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

"These social networking sites can ruin a relationship" - FACEBOOKER

Started by Dan-Borno, August 18, 2009, 01:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Tukurtukur

Quote from: Muhsin on August 19, 2009, 03:19:51 PM

I'm single, and so it is on ma facebook profile. But am yet to sell. Anything wrong?

Where is TKT ya duba min?

Oh my brother, never worry.  The time will come when you will sell better than HOT CAKE!  Those going for DB are old cargoes.  Yours will be FRESH and LOVELY. Just give a short time and they will be flooding your page.

Good luck amma banda rawan ido. ;D ;D ;D

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Dan-Borno

Enjoy reading this piece about the boy that programmed
the website called facebook, yaron dropout ne fa ikon Allah.

The face of Facebook is Mark Zuckerberg, the mogul who's guiding its extraordinary growth. What everyone wants to know is: Is he old enough to be running a company some people say is the biggest thing since Google?

"I'm 23 right now," Zuckerberg tells Stahl when asked how old he is.

"And you're running this huge company," Stahl remarks.

"It's not that big," Zuckerberg says.

During her visit to Facebook's headquarters, Zuckerberg helped Stahl set up her own Facebook page, with a profile of her likes and dislikes. They added her friends and family, and within a few minutes, she got a friend request.

"Here's a guy I haven't talked to in two years and I'm so thrilled to hear from him," Stahl remarks.

This is why so many find the site addictive. In a world with no cell phone or e-mail directories, Facebook has become a way to find lost friends.

"It used to be the case, like you'd switch jobs. And then maybe you wouldn't keep in touch with all the people that you knew from that old job. Just 'cause it was too hard," Zuckerberg explains. "But one of the things that Facebook does is it makes it really easy to just stay in touch with all these people."

Of course, if someone tries to "friend" you, you can ignore them. And privacy settings allow you to deny access to your page say, to your boss or your parents.

Facebook's headquarters in downtown Palo Alto look like a dorm room; the 400 employees, who get free food and laundry, show up late, stay late, and party really late.

Zuckerberg, who's made the cover of Newsweek and is reportedly worth $3 billion, sits at a desk like the other software engineers, writing computer code.

"Have you changed your lifestyle? You don't look like you're buyin' really expensive clothes," Stahl asks Zuckerberg, who showed up to the interview in a sweatshirt and sandals.

"No, I'm not buying really expensive clothes," Zuckerberg replies, laughing.

"Are you buying things that you would be...," Stahl asks.

"Yeah. No, I have a little, like one bedroom apartment with a mattress on the floor. That's where I live," Zuckerberg says.

Kara Swisher, who used to write about Silicon Valley for The Wall Street Journal and now has a blog, All Things Digital, has called him "The Toddler CEO."

"What do you think it's done to him, as a person, to be 23 years old...," Stahl asks.

"Well, I think it's hard. I think when all of a sudden you're the smartest person in the world, and you're the meal ticket for everybody, and this is the big hit. This is the new Google at this point," Swisher says. "And so Mark is under a lot of pressure, because everybody wants something from him."

Like the founders of Google, Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Mark Zuckerberg is looked up to in Silicon Valley as a visionary.

"You seem to be replacing Larry and Sergey as the people out here who everyone's talking about," Stahl remarks. Zuckerberg doesn't reply, only stares at her at length.

"You're just staring at me," she adds.

"Is that a question?" Zuckerberg asks.

We were warned that he can be awkward and reluctant to talk about himself, so we turned for help to his Facebook page, which says he's a Harvard alum.

"You're not a Harvard alum," Stahl remarks, looking at his own list of networks.

"That's true. We don't have a setting for dropout," Zuckerberg explains.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Tukurtukur

"These social networking sites can ruin a relationship" - FACEBOOKER

The solution to this is to show your face and hers or yours and his on the FACEBOOK as I have seen many have done.  Fa-Annaha laba'sa!

Dan-Borno

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

Quote from: Dan-Borno on September 03, 2009, 04:24:16 PM
Enjoy reading this piece about the boy that programmed
the website called facebook, yaron dropout ne fa ikon Allah.

The face of Facebook is Mark Zuckerberg, the mogul who's guiding its extraordinary growth. What everyone wants to know is: Is he old enough to be running a company some people say is the biggest thing since Google?

"I'm 23 right now," Zuckerberg tells Stahl when asked how old he is.

"And you're running this huge company," Stahl remarks.

"It's not that big," Zuckerberg says.

During her visit to Facebook's headquarters, Zuckerberg helped Stahl set up her own Facebook page, with a profile of her likes and dislikes. They added her friends and family, and within a few minutes, she got a friend request.

"Here's a guy I haven't talked to in two years and I'm so thrilled to hear from him," Stahl remarks.

This is why so many find the site addictive. In a world with no cell phone or e-mail directories, Facebook has become a way to find lost friends.

"It used to be the case, like you'd switch jobs. And then maybe you wouldn't keep in touch with all the people that you knew from that old job. Just 'cause it was too hard," Zuckerberg explains. "But one of the things that Facebook does is it makes it really easy to just stay in touch with all these people."

Of course, if someone tries to "friend" you, you can ignore them. And privacy settings allow you to deny access to your page say, to your boss or your parents.

Facebook's headquarters in downtown Palo Alto look like a dorm room; the 400 employees, who get free food and laundry, show up late, stay late, and party really late.

Zuckerberg, who's made the cover of Newsweek and is reportedly worth $3 billion, sits at a desk like the other software engineers, writing computer code.

"Have you changed your lifestyle? You don't look like you're buyin' really expensive clothes," Stahl asks Zuckerberg, who showed up to the interview in a sweatshirt and sandals.

"No, I'm not buying really expensive clothes," Zuckerberg replies, laughing.

"Are you buying things that you would be...," Stahl asks.

"Yeah. No, I have a little, like one bedroom apartment with a mattress on the floor. That's where I live," Zuckerberg says.

Kara Swisher, who used to write about Silicon Valley for The Wall Street Journal and now has a blog, All Things Digital, has called him "The Toddler CEO."

"What do you think it's done to him, as a person, to be 23 years old...," Stahl asks.

"Well, I think it's hard. I think when all of a sudden you're the smartest person in the world, and you're the meal ticket for everybody, and this is the big hit. This is the new Google at this point," Swisher says. "And so Mark is under a lot of pressure, because everybody wants something from him."

Like the founders of Google, Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Mark Zuckerberg is looked up to in Silicon Valley as a visionary.

"You seem to be replacing Larry and Sergey as the people out here who everyone's talking about," Stahl remarks. Zuckerberg doesn't reply, only stares at her at length.

"You're just staring at me," she adds.

"Is that a question?" Zuckerberg asks.

We were warned that he can be awkward and reluctant to talk about himself, so we turned for help to his Facebook page, which says he's a Harvard alum.

"You're not a Harvard alum," Stahl remarks, looking at his own list of networks.

"That's true. We don't have a setting for dropout," Zuckerberg explains.

Wai!!!
23years!!!
I want this kind of Money.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

amira

Quote from: gogannaka on August 20, 2009, 08:45:56 PM
Husnaan ce elderly and experienced.
Lallai ka ci abinci....as Muhsin would say.

Here's some thing i got from CNN.com about the type of facebookers (the most annoying type of facebookers) 'edited':

The Let-Me-Tell-You-Every-Detail-of-My-Day Bore. "I'm waking up." "I had Wheaties for breakfast." "I'm bored at work." "I'm stuck in traffic." You're kidding! How fascinating! No moment is too mundane for some people to broadcast unsolicited to the world. Just because you have 432 Facebook friends doesn't mean we all want to know when you're waiting for the bus.

The Self-Promoter. OK, so we've probably all posted at least once about some achievement. And sure, maybe your friends really do want to read the fascinating article you wrote about beet farming. But when almost EVERY update is a link to your blog, your poetry reading, your 10k results or your art show, you sound like a bragger or a self-centered careerist.

The Friend-Padder. The average Facebook user has 120 friends on the site. Schmoozers and social butterflies -- you know, the ones who make lifelong pals on the subway -- might reasonably have 300 or 400. But 1,000 "friends?" Unless you're George Clooney or just won the lottery, no one has that many. That's just showing off.

The Town Crier. "Michael Jackson is dead!!!" You heard it from me first! Me, and the 213,000 other people who all saw it on TMZ. These Matt Drudge wannabes are the reason many of us learn of breaking news not from TV or news sites but from online social networks. In their rush to trumpet the news, these people also spread rumors, half-truths and innuendo. No, Jeff Goldblum did not plunge to his death from a New Zealand cliff.

The Lurker. The Peeping Toms of Facebook, these voyeurs are too cautious, or maybe too lazy, to update their status or write on your wall. But once in a while, you'll be talking to them and they'll mention something you posted, so you know they're on your page, hiding in the shadows. It's just a little creepy.

The Paparazzo. Ever visit your Facebook page and discover that someone's posted a photo of you from last weekend's party -- a photo you didn't authorize and haven't even seen? You'd really rather not have to explain to your mom why you were leering like a drunken hyena and French-kissing a bottle of Jagermeister.

The Chronic Inviter.
"Support my cause. Sign my petition. Play Mafia Wars with me. Which 'Star Trek' character are you? Here are the 'Top 5 cars I have personally owned.' Here are '25 Things About Me.' Here's a drink. What drink are you? We're related! I took the 'What President Are You?' quiz and found out I'm Millard Fillmore! What president are you?"
You probably mean well, but stop. Just stop. I don't care what president I am -- can't we simply be friends?

Lol!!! GGNK u've analysed it all, mind you i've seen
sum one with 1'000 sumfin frends, i was like whoa hidima.
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

IBB

Salam, Barka da war haka, bayan kwana da kwana ki Allah ya kado ni konline.

Do u want to know what I think of facebook or other social networking site?

I think the evils associated with them has over shadowed the benefits

Why?

Because this so called internet social society where i can connect with my distance sisters, brother, lost friend, old school mate, collegues or even next next door neighbour or flat mate (who is about ten steps way) or my sister or brother who lives just within 20 miles radius- has been overshadowed by half naked sisters and brother showing up their bodies to you and others God knows who.

The second and the fore most reason why i deactivate my accounts in these sites, is the "fake life display" that has scramble the whole place, anywhere you look, is so unfortunate even among our sisters and brothers.

Thirdly, married couple too scanning for friends claimining reconnecting with old buddies.

Facebook as per as i'm concern is an internet brothel packed with albums of hotties around the corner- just look for one that match your profile
IHS

Muhsin

Facebook=brothel? Kai!  ;D ;D ;D

BTW, many many days, big pal. Laifin me mu kai! And you no longer pick calls...don't know why? Don Allah ayi hakuri. Regards to old bride.

IBB

Amarya dai (ai har yanzu ina tanadin ta) Lafiya Lau. U must have called at the busy hours. (U know say international call-back no easy 4 here).

Barka da Sallah
IHS

Muhsin

Kai, IBB. You are a big man fa, while am a "poor" student. ;D

Belated Barka da Sallah to you as well. Thanks

Dan-Borno

Quote from: Muhsin on September 23, 2009, 04:46:41 PM
...... while am a "poor" student. ;D

who is a poor student? hmm, dont listen to him IBB,
this guy has a super market.

Muhsin

Quote from: Dan-Borno on September 25, 2009, 03:40:29 PM
Quote from: Muhsin on September 23, 2009, 04:46:41 PM
...... while am a "poor" student. ;D

who is a poor student? hmm, dont listen to him IBB,
this guy has a super market.

Point of correction:

Muhsin had a kiosk.

Hence, listen to him IBB.

IBB

Supermarket kace DB? To ashe inzo inyi shopping kenan ko na sami big discount
IHS