News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Nigeria 1988 population was false.. He is data to prove it.

Started by Anonymous, April 14, 2004, 02:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gogannaka

Mrguest ,it still amazes me.Why are you so keen in proving to us that the 1998 population is false.
You make it seem like this is something that ought to make Nigeria go to war.For God's sake what does it matter if plateau state is more populous than Kano or Ogun more populous than Borno?
Germany which happens to be the largest economy in Europe has a population of about 82.5 million......Nigeria is more populous than Germany but in terms of economic advancement and human development we are far behind.

Since this is an enlightenment thread,why do you have to be so arrogant to the extent of embarassing the people you are trying to enlighten?This is cowardice.Everyone is entitled to his own opininon.You dont have to force anyone to believe what you are trying to prove.

At the end i guess the ultimate conclusion that you will come to is the revenue allocation formula that favours the most populous states! !

Please mrguest be matured in your posts even if it is for the sake of enlightenment.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

mrguest

Quote from: "gogannaka"Mrguest ,it still amazes me.Why are you so keen in proving to us that the 1998 population is false.
You make it seem like this is something that ought to make Nigeria go to war.For God's sake what does it matter if plateau state is more populous than Kano or Ogun more populous than Borno?
Germany which happens to be the largest economy in Europe has a population of about 82.5 million......Nigeria is more populous than Germany but in terms of economic advancement and human development we are far behind.

Since this is an enlightenment thread,why do you have to be so arrogant to the extent of embarassing the people you are trying to enlighten?This is cowardice.Everyone is entitled to his own opininon.You dont have to force anyone to believe what you are trying to prove.

At the end i guess the ultimate conclusion that you will come to is the revenue allocation formula that favours the most populous states! !

Please mrguest be matured in your posts even if it is for the sake of enlightenment.

Gogo, Thanks for your reply. Here are my reply to you

1 you ask why I need to prove that the 1988 census figure are false... the need is based on economic development of Nigeria.. And also because the figure is false, My aim is to expose the the falsehood of the figure.. so that ist would not be used against to determine national policy..

Why the need for an accurate census figure, hear are the answer

1. it help economist determine the level of commerce in an economy.
2. It help manufacture determine area where thier product is mostly need. so as to properly plan distribution network
3. Accuse census help to determine Electricity supply to community.. it determine the voltage load to each community, but when the census figure is false. Electric power authority would pump high voltage into an area that is less populated.. while area with high population is give low voltage..  High voltage given to an area with low voltage which claim it is a million people while the real figure is 2000 , would destroy the facilities on ground.. and destroy household facilities.

4 Population determine television  and radio coverage area..., determine the number of transmitter to be install... Imagine the govt install transmitter into a desert  or river  where their are no person. because a group claim  500,000  lives there.Allah is against this..

5. Population help in planning of medical facilities, Determine number of clinic to be in an Area.

6. Population determine type of road to be build.. It would be wrong to build a dual road carriage in a community with only 1000 people ,because they claim to be 1m while community with 1,000,000 was reduce to 10,000 because IBB was playing games...Allah is against this..

7. In business data are used to determine the level of trading in any area...
8 population also determine the water supply to an area.. what facilities to build there.

9 Population determine the number of school in an area... a community claim to have 500000 and really they are 10,000, they would deprive another community which have more population. while the one with 1 million would suffer and would not be able to educate its people and it is people that determine advancement in technology.. Need to have accurate data. and Allah is against this..

just to mention a few.

My friend Germany knows it population, so Germany can plan it economy. Nigeria can not develop without an accurate census...Each year germany plan its economy bases on accurate census... that is why germany is developed.. they know how to appropiate facilites and lack nothing.

you mention embarassing people... I do not , because I said Kaduna people is more than Kano, is the truth and not an embarassing statement.. and I did not mean to embarasses anyone.. if I do I am sorry.
atch nigeria first online Television Naija television and 16 Nigeria radio, and 60 more Tv station around the world.
http://www.nigeriaone.com

mrguest

Quote from: "gogannaka"Mrguest ,it still amazes me.Why are you so keen in proving to us that the 1998 population is false.

Gogo, Thanks for your reply. Here are my reply to you

1 you ask why I need to prove that the 1988 census figure are false... the need is based on economic development of Nigeria.. And also because the figure is false, My aim is to expose the the falsehood of the figure.. so that ist would not be used against to determine national policy..

Why the need for an accurate census figure, hear are the answer

1. it help economist determine the level of commerce in an economy.
2. It help manufacture determine area where thier product is mostly need. so as to properly plan distribution network
3. Accuse census help to determine Electricity supply to community.. it determine the voltage load to each community, but when the census figure is false. Electric power authority would pump high voltage into an area that is less populated.. while area with high population is give low voltage..  High voltage given to an area with low voltage which claim it is a million people while the real figure is 2000 , would destroy the facilities on ground.. and destroy household facilities.

4 Population determine television  and radio coverage area..., determine the number of transmitter to be install... Imagine the govt install transmitter into a desert  or river  where their are no person. because a group claim  500,000  lives there.Allah is against this..

5. Population help in planning of medical facilities, Determine number of clinic to be in an Area.

6. Population determine type of road to be build.. It would be wrong to build a dual road carriage in a community with only 1000 people ,because they claim to be 1m while community with 1,000,000 was reduce to 10,000 because IBB was playing games...Allah is against this..

7. In business data are used to determine the level of trading in any area...
8 population also determine the water supply to an area.. what facilities to build there.

9 Population determine the number of school in an area... a community claim to have 500000 and really they are 10,000, they would deprive another community which have more population. while the one with 1 million would suffer and would not be able to educate its people and it is people that determine advancement in technology.. Need to have accurate data. and Allah is against this..

just to mention a few.

My friend Germany knows it population, so Germany can plan it economy. Nigeria can not develop without an accurate census...Each year germany plan its economy bases on accurate census... that is why germany is developed.. they know how to appropiate facilites and lack nothing.

you mention embarassing people... I do not , because I said Kaduna people is more than Kano, is the truth and not an embarassing statement.. and I did not mean to embarasses anyone.. if I do I am sorry. Eskimo I am sorry for calling you a lier.
atch nigeria first online Television Naija television and 16 Nigeria radio, and 60 more Tv station around the world.

Indabawa

mrguest,

I noticed that a lot of water has passed under the bridge since my last post in which you vainly tried to dispute, again by mischieviously flaunting an unconvincing figures.

I do not need to take you point by point,but i want to assure you that North has never been afraid of census exercise.The North has never, even for once, doubted its numerical endowments.

What i essentially highlighlited and expected you to address is the conspiracy of the Southern leadership to rig the forhcoming census exercise.

You see i still maintain that the 2005 head count is also going to end up being controversial, as past exercises, that had always been challenged by the South.

I also maintain that the "ROOFTOP"paradigm of Obasanjo cannot hold water.We are not,for your notice,faulting the deployment of satellite technology in determining our population figures.What we are challenging is the misapplication of the "data and imaging", to disproportionally ascribe unrealistic figures to the North.

I personally do not mind, by whatever gutter language you choose to address my person.I honestly do not mind, because i have also lived in the South.In fact one of the encumbent Governor in the South West is a friend of mind.I assisted him during the NADECO years and i am still being contacted for one or two assisstance.This is to show you how far i understand the mind set of a typical Yoruba elite.

Incidently, it is my close contact with the Yoruba elite that enables me to stumble on some "develish" documents that outlines a stratagem, that would facilitate the Yoruba to wretch power from the North and ultimately perpetuate thier strong hold on power.Some, as you well know were executed,while some of the plans are under way and which the "redrawing"of the national figures happens to be one of the scheme.

For your information,the services of Northerners, in these unfolding scenario, had to be enlisted so as to give it a "northern" tinge.Therefore you may wish to continously qoute the Argungus etc.in order to validate your figures,but would you in all honesty, oblige us with the list of names of staff that undertook the survey and dilleanation of the districts and villages accross the country.

I dare you to publish the names, so that observers should know who among the Nigeria's geo-plolitical zones undertook the questionable surveying of the countrie's districts,villages and setllements.

Moreover,why are you blaming IBB alone for the seemingly past misdeed?
Who were the powers behind the throne?Aint you have the guts to indict the "son of the soil",who held the powerful post of scretery to the Government,during the era of the "false"census?

mrguest,it would'nt work.I mean the resolve of Obasanjo Government to rig the 2005 head count will not work.

The North and indeed any right thinking Nigerian will not accept a clearly pre-empted head count that will outragiously reverse a reasonably accepted population figures.

It is your personal head ache to ascribe figures to which ever state you so wish desire.However,the realities are far more palpable than mere wishful thinking!

Permit me to conclude, by qouting a true sage and astute polititician who was the only leader who died in penury, after he served the Government unlike the tribal champions who were his contemporaries, but left behind legacies of land scandals and what have you.

...Roaring winds are raging in the minds of quite and simple people of Nigeria...Latitude of mind must go.Facts and realities must be remedied not by the machinery of coecion(insult?)but by positve and consultative approach".-Mallam Aminu Kano(1920-1983)

Need we say more again?
e who kneels to Allah can stand up to anything.

Eskimo

Malam Guest, that shows u dont even know Nigeria.
Those places you mention are places that I have been to!
Let us come to Kano Kaduna issue...while Kaduna has large towns as you say like Kafachan, Zaria, Lere and some others you mention Kano cannot boast of any. Looks like you dont know Kano..what of Wudil, Bichi which I know are all bigger than your Lere...Lere of all towns!!! Bichi is like Kafanchan! What of Danbatta to mention just but few.

You said Kaduna has 500 streets as compare to Kano with 500 plus...what is that plus!!!! I had been living in Kaduna for until recently. I know Kaduna and Kano cities the way I know the back of my hand. So that settles the issue as far as I am concern...if I had doubts in your figures and assumption now I dont have anymore..I conclude you dont know what you are saying....serious!

Anybody from Kaduna who reads your post will laugh out loudly..infact very loudly!
color=blue]NOBODY is PERFECT and I am NOBODY.[/color]

mrguest

Quote from: "Indabawa"mrguest,

I noticed that a lot of water has passed under the bridge since my last post in which you vainly tried to dispute, again by mischieviously flaunting an unconvincing figures.

I do not need to take you point by point,but i want to assure you that North has never been afraid of census exercise.The North has never, even for once, doubted its numerical endowments.

What i essentially highlighlited and expected you to address is the conspiracy of the Southern leadership to rig the forhcoming census exercise.

You see i still maintain that the 2005 head count is also going to end up being controversial, as past exercises, that had always been challenged by the South.

I also maintain that the "ROOFTOP"paradigm of Obasanjo cannot hold water.We are not,for your notice,faulting the deployment of satellite technology in determining our population figures.What we are challenging is the misapplication of the "data and imaging", to disproportionally ascribe unrealistic figures to the North.

I personally do not mind, by whatever gutter language you choose to address my person.I honestly do not mind, because i have also lived in the South.In fact one of the encumbent Governor in the South West is a friend of mind.I assisted him during the NADECO years and i am still being contacted for one or two assisstance.This is to show you how far i understand the mind set of a typical Yoruba elite.

Incidently, it is my close contact with the Yoruba elite that enables me to stumble on some "develish" documents that outlines a stratagem, that would facilitate the Yoruba to wretch power from the North and ultimately perpetuate thier strong hold on power.Some, as you well know were executed,while some of the plans are under way and which the "redrawing"of the national figures happens to be one of the scheme.

For your information,the services of Northerners, in these unfolding scenario, had to be enlisted so as to give it a "northern" tinge.Therefore you may wish to continously qoute the Argungus etc.in order to validate your figures,but would you in all honesty, oblige us with the list of names of staff that undertook the survey and dilleanation of the districts and villages accross the country.

I dare you to publish the names, so that observers should know who among the Nigeria's geo-plolitical zones undertook the questionable surveying of the countrie's districts,villages and setllements.

Moreover,why are you blaming IBB alone for the seemingly past misdeed?
Who were the powers behind the throne?Aint you have the guts to indict the "son of the soil",who held the powerful post of scretery to the Government,during the era of the "false"census?

mrguest,it would'nt work.I mean the resolve of Obasanjo Government to rig the 2005 head count will not work.

The North and indeed any right thinking Nigerian will not accept a clearly pre-empted head count that will outragiously reverse a reasonably accepted population figures.

It is your personal head ache to ascribe figures to which ever state you so wish desire.However,the realities are far more palpable than mere wishful thinking!

Permit me to conclude, by qouting a true sage and astute polititician who was the only leader who died in penury, after he served the Government unlike the tribal champions who were his contemporaries, but left behind legacies of land scandals and what have you.

...Roaring winds are raging in the minds of quite and simple people of Nigeria...Latitude of mind must go.Facts and realities must be remedied not by the machinery of coecion(insult?)but by positve and consultative approach".-Mallam Aminu Kano(1920-1983)

Need we say more again?

Indabawa,

You said I quote you.

""""""
I do not need to take you point by point,but i want to assure you that North has never been afraid of census exercise.The North has never, even for once, doubted its numerical endowments.""""

"""""For your information,the services of Northerners, in these unfolding scenario, had to be enlisted so as to give it a "northern" tinge.Therefore you may wish to continously qoute the Argungus etc.in order to validate your figures,but would you in all honesty, oblige us with the list of names of staff that undertook the survey and dilleanation of the districts and villages accross the country."""""

Indabawa, Thanks for the reply.  from your write up, you claim that the north is not afraid.  No problem. The head of the census board is from the north. and you said you do not believe an Hausa/fulani man Argungus .. No problem..  But do you know that nipost would have chanllege in court or newspaper if this villages and town  are false. You see I am beginning to realised , it is a waste to try to explain to you , How census work. and How Satellite technology works..  

Idabawa If you live in the USA.. I am willing to arrange a meeting in the physical with you.. and we can go and see satellite imagine of nigeria... Dont worry you would enjoy it. and you would believe the census figure are wrong and you would have to public apology to me. Please it may cost small amount of money, but it would be worth it.. it would clear your mind and you would become a believer in the true.

which city are you....no need to argue, my friend....

""""""What i essentially highlighlited and expected you to address is the conspiracy of the Southern leadership to rig the forhcoming census exercise.""""""

You talk about conspiracy of southern leader to rig the census... Where you got all the information from I wonder...
You do not believe in satellite imagine
You do not believe in the govt
You do not believe Mr argungun

What honestly do you believe, please tell me.. so you say everybody is conspire to reduce the population of the North. I do not think so. what is happen is that we have had false figure in the past and it is about to be corrected..simple..
How on earth will Katsina 899 villages be more populated than Adamawa state 1588 villages and town, expect in Nigeria....
How can Kebbi with 625 villages and town have about the same population census as adamawa with 1588..Please let stop fooling ourself.. Or sokoto less than 450 villages be more populated than adamawa state 1588.

You have to realised that Nigeria population in the past have not been done with proper technology in the past// Now  I would hope the govt will give Electronic  feedback card. to each individual..
On the day of enumeration after all the information is collected from the each individual.... They would be given 3 feed back card... One of the card the citizen would keep.. One he would give to the a state representative  feedback officer, who come back 3 days after the census to collect the card.. and the state feedback works for the state govt and the feedback would be use by the state to canculate the state census figure to cross check the federal census figure.. and serve as prove, if the result is wrong..

The third card is collected by a Independant all state committe feedback officer 1 day after the election. Each feedback card would have boldly written on it. Independant all state committe  feedback card and the other state feedback card..  State feedback office would not be employed by Independant all state committe ...

Only the federal govt can announce the result.. all the state card collected would be seal up.. and secure by both federal , state and independant officer..

I stop here

Eskimo .....I would quote you..

""""Let us come to Kano Kaduna issue...while Kaduna has large towns as you say like Kafachan, Zaria, Lere and some others you mention Kano cannot boast of any. Looks like you dont know Kano..what of Wudil, Bichi which I know are all bigger than your Lere...Lere of all towns!!! Bichi is like Kafanchan! What of Danbatta to mention just but few. """"

Danbatta is a small town, a town, but if you have been to Dambatta you can not compare it to zaria.. no way.. zaria is at least twice or 3 times the size of Danbatta

How on earth would compare Kafancha with Wudil.. It is like compare the USA with togo.. Please I lhave been to wudil, Please haba...

you talk about bichi, And lere.. Man what are you talking about.. If I do not know that Hausa fulani people do not take drug, I would have said you are high.. I mean.. What ever you are taken please it..

see the following links that talk about Bichi.. , Bichi is a village...IBB claim that this Bichi village was 180,000 in 1991. Bichi is 30 km north of kano town. Please. If you do not believe me, at least you would believe in white foreigner who have been to bichi and describe bichi as a villages.. Also type Bichi village on your google search engine.. So many story on bichi village..

http://www.vslp.org/vslp/proj/Nigeria%20report/TOR%201.htm  Please check paragraphy 36

http://www.inrm.cgiar.org/Workshop2000/docs/Tarawali/tarawali_main.pdf

http://www.anc.org.za/anc/newsbrief/2002/news0529.txt

http://www.sciencecouncil.cgiar.org/publications/pdf/0222Orig.pdf.

Indabawa

mrguest wrote:

Quote...you do not believe in satellite imagine
   you do not believe in the govt
    you do not believe Mr argungun
...What honestly do you believe,please tell me

mrguest, i really symphathise with you.Your response depicts a parfect image of argumentatively cornered and helpless person.Man,you were evidently rattled and cowed by the points i have raised.For how could you recklessly shot your self in the leg?

How can you said that i do not believe in satellite imaging,while i said in my submission that "....we are not,for your notice,faulting the deployment of satellite technology in determining our population figures.What we are challenging is the missapplication of the 'data and imaging',to disproportionally ascribe unrealistic figures to the North."

Now show me where i indicated my disdain for satellite imaging.

In addition,i cannot recall ever saying i dislike Government.I have never consider a system other than an organised governance.May be you were trying to say that i do not trust Obasanjo Government's ability to conduct a sincere head count.You are correct,if that is your assertion...i may repeat that Obasanjo government ,considering the way they conducted the 2003 elections,in which a monumental and un precedented rigging was perpetrated,cannot in all honesty conduct an acceptable census exercise.Haba mrguest,could'nt you understand my concluding qoute?

Moreover,it is not "Mr argungun" that i despised, but the Argungus...cant you decipher the difference?By the way, talking of nipost,are you afraid to let the public know the people that surveyed and produced the villages etc

My friend,you are either being mischievious by unsuccessfully evading the contending issues, or,you are playing the dumb card.Neverthless,i will re-iterate my earlier stand that your concocted figures,wherein you ascribed larger-than-life figures to your Yoruba and "Middle Belt" states;were fictitious,malicious and laughable.

But if you still insist on your "figures",then i'm sorry to imply that you were being taken for a ride by the myopic schemers.

My belief?...fairness,equity and justice.

Poor Olodo!
e who kneels to Allah can stand up to anything.

mrguest

Forget all the english, Do you live in the USA.. If you do I can we can meet and you would be able to see with your eyes satellite imagine of nigeria.. So do you live in the USA. And that would make you a believer. at least your eyes can not decieve you.

Eskimo

How sad???? :(
Did I say Zaria is comparable to Wudil?
I know Zaria is a big city
But I compare Kano and Kaduna as u did...you are silent on that
I compare wudil and Lere..you said Haba Lere is bigger....
Think whatever you want to think..we shall soon see after the census!

mrguest

Quote from: "Eskimo"How sad???? :(
Did I say Zaria is comparable to Wudil?
I know Zaria is a big city
But I compare Kano and Kaduna as u did...you are silent on that
I compare wudil and Lere..you said Haba Lere is bigger....
Think whatever you want to think..we shall soon see after the census!

No you did not.. i was the one who did compare zaria to wuldi . i wanted to show you the difference in the 2 state. so that you would realise that  kaduna is far more populated than kano.. because you madde this statement ""what of Wudil, Bichi which I know are all bigger than your Lere...Lere of all towns!!! Bichi is like Kafanchan! """..

You have to realise amd accept that the 1988 figure was a show of IBB falsehood... they were wrong figure, we all know IBB now, that he is a lier and a manipulator.

mrguest

The following state population were increase by IBB and shuhu Musa.. Jigawa, Katsina, Kano,kebbi and sokoto  state, river state... from all indication this state population were falses...

state which population were reduce in the north by my calculation are adamawa,kwara, kogi, benue, Plateau, reason for doing so I wonder...

while the following in the south were reduce in population cross river, Ondo,osun, oyo, ogun, Edo, Imo

river was increase... I wonder why.

Eskimo

Thank God that you will die with your grievances! Mr Right Census, I am tired of your reasonings. You want us to believe with you because you have access to satelite. Dont you hear words, a census is on the way..under a southern president so just wait for the result then you can talk. But as far as we know you are nothing but a lier..a frustarted lier for that matter until it is proved otherwise by the census.

Why not wait? do you want us to join your train of liers..no we are patient and we are waiting before we conclude. do that please and we will acept you know what you are doing!

Enough of this nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!

Abut

Abeg can someone please tell me when a census was conducted in 1988?

mrguest

Quote from: "Eskimo"Thank God that you will die with your grievances! Mr Right Census, I am tired of your reasonings. You want us to believe with you because you have access to satelite. Dont you hear words, a census is on the way..under a southern president so just wait for the result then you can talk. But as far as we know you are nothing but a lier..a frustarted lier for that matter until it is proved otherwise by the census.

Why not wait? do you want us to join your train of liers..no we are patient and we are waiting before we conclude. do that please and we will acept you know what you are doing!

Enough of this nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Do not calll me a lier.. you know I am not.. so why do not want to tell the whole world you live in the usa AND ALSO COME AND see the satellite imagine....

And I would let to tell you this.. Obasanjo is not the one who is conducting the census.. it is an Hausa fulani who is the head of the census board..

mrguest

Quote from: "Abut"Abeg can someone please tell me when a census was conducted in 1988?

Abut the last census was conducted in 1988 but the result was released in 1991...