News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Aids Awareness in Northern Nigeria

Started by Gimbiya, December 03, 2002, 05:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaqueen

ayyah... wai ita ma nan wai ita ma nan "involved"  :P LoL!!!!
sha... we'll all get there... altho there are VERY VERY stubborn people...
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Anonymous

Puff!!! Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeez Dyme babes!! That's y I c ma gurl gettin involved 2 d x-tremes.... ( Fashy u 4 1 side).

Eniwayz, Queeny lets discuss!!! I wud like 2 clariffy 1 or 2 things. U said u were interested ko? Fine! The hosters of Hausa women r takin u on, but mostly married women!! As other  hausa gurls foundation is...fully booked on. Have u got any transcripts? u know that kinda thingyyy!!! 2 remind u, it will be in summer nxt yr. If u r still willin 2 join then thats kool. If not u still carry on Gimbiya. Though its not only HIV thingy...alot will b goin on.

U r tryin 2 make ur HIV awareness go global with the northerners/wome rty? Have u done enithing like leaftlets,flyers,poppins or....... . :-/ ? Yes/No? (Enihow u can still carry on). If u have then its all gud.

I was kinda recommendin,u 2 start hosting little conferences/seminar in universities, campaignin selling of little anttiques or ornaments like (badges) 'n' the money u get...u can pass it out 2 charities,or HIV victims, in a way gettin source of finance flowin in 2 promote ur HIV Awareness campaign.

U can grab ur cam, visit hospitals,villages get ppls responses docs, nurses, HIV patient, on video..... Take a trip 2 villages, visit hausa women @ their recidents, ur target r matan hausawa rangin b/w d age group of wut? twentish,......n over???? Highlight them on wat u r tryin 2 du. Get their support its gonna help.

We once did sumthing on Organ Donor, we r up 2 super highway 2 success, but then things got worse...we were accused by ppl tryin 2 get ppls organs 4 vodoo....but we were only campaignin not collection. ::) Eniwayz, As I was sayin..... Then u have got ur self slot down 2 success!!! I hope so.................All lucks 2 u Queeny!!
Its about tym a hausa female duz this...Allah ya baki lada.

Gimbiya

Thanx, yes everything is going o.k so far. I do have people at work who are willing to help me. also this organization is registered in the US. so hopely we will get some help from the US dept of health. I am inshaallah going to be in Niaja this summer hopely in June. so I am in and pamplets and all the other awareness things suma suna nan tafe. I am considering giving lectures in universities.
fyne I have been on this for a while now since I was in university so it's not a new thing is something I consider to be really serious to me.

thanx ummita and all
color=pink] Knoledge Saves Lives--- FAAWIN[/color]

Blaqueen

haba... i was juss tsokana-ing... or maybe u misunderstood meeh...
the stubborn people... i meant those who choose to remain ignorant.. and mos prolly ignore the awareness education.

btw... gimbiya u owe meeh mail...
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Anonymous

Gimbiya howz everything goin on with regards 2 ur project/campaign? Remember we r prayin 4 ur success ;)

Gimbiya

Ummita thanz for asking. I actually have a lot of people who are trying to help me in Nigeria. I will see what I can do. Also do you have the dates or more information about that seminar that will be held in Nigeria. Let me know so that I can arrange my travel dates around it.

Anonymous

Ya dai, kina lafiya?
Yeah 4 defo I know some dates structured 4 some activities, but I dont know the specific date 4 the AIDS seminars. However, I will find out from the lady sponsoring that event 'n' I'll let u know. Yayi miki  :)

Anonymous

well HIV isn't all about SEX !!! .I read down here in uk in a nogerian news paper dat diz family in Nigeria is struglin with thier two kidz one 5 y,ears and da other 7 year, who all have AIDS  >:( >:( .Da mum don't hav Aids nor does their dad.Guess who?? Their mai aiki  ::) ::) !!!!.HOUSEGIRL. DA STUPID HOUSEGIRL USES DA KIDZ TOOTHBRUSH. I dunno if dey ar still alive.But people plzzzzzzzzz be aware of wot kind of HOUSEGIRL U TAKE. ::) ::)

Peace.Lov ya'al

Anonymous

1/2 you are so right sex is not the only way to get infected, well this is the first time I heard about toothbrush thing but it's common sense. but there's alot of things and way to get infected mude sai dai munce allah yaya kiyaye kuma allah ya rufa asiri

Gimbiya

Ummita I just want to know if you find the exact dates for the summit this summer?

Ummulhuda

Gimbiya.
It is very encouraging to see women whose concern for the welfare of others extends beyond rhetorics. I wish I were more like you. If you really intend to do something then I want to add that in the North apart from the usual promiscuous ways of contracting AIDS, there is another very very common and very disturbing way of catching it, and I believe you should seriously consider it. The point is that AIDS is quite rampant amongst married couples and it has nothing to do with waywardness. What it has to do with is ignorance and it has devastating multiplier effects.
Take in this scenario:
A woman becomes a widow because her husband dies of AIDS. Unknown to her, she has contracted the disease. In our society, she will not be allowed to remain single for long. So she gets married again.  She will possibly marry a man who has a wife or two already. He catches it from her and spreads it to his other wives. One of them dies, maybe the former widow. The man may divorce one of his wives and she marries some one else. He could die and then his other wives have to marry. So it goes on and on. Then there are the children who will probably be born with the virus.
Our people must be made aware of the need to have blood tests before marriage. God help us, it is a terrible tragedy to be told that one has the virus. That is the greatest reason why no one wants to go for a blood test!  Isn't  this the worst irony? But there is nothing else to be done. At the very least knowing about the condition of spouses before marriage will help save a life and curb the spread as well. There are some quarters who say it is anti Islamic to have blood tests before marriage- a case of Tawakkaltu alallahi. While Allah SWT has given the means to avoid it. It does not work that way. A genuine case of Tawkkaltu alallahi, is when one has tried all that is in ones power to avoid a calamity and it has not worked then you say  Tawakkaltu alallahi' la Haula wa la Kuwwata Illa billahi; inna lillahi wa inna ilaiHi rajiun.
A friend of my brother who was a doctor once told me that they performed an expt whereby they tested the blood samples of every patient who attended the General Hospital he worked in. As of the time he told me of it, they had found that 60 percent of the patients had the AIDS virus. Subhanallah! Sixty percent! If you project that figure it means that six out of every ten people are HIV positive!
Allah Ya Jikan mu da Raharmasa Amin.
On a positive note though! Those  innocents who contracted the VIRUS unwittingly, take heart. In Sha Allah Aljanna is your abode because AIDS is an annoba after all.  

Gimbiya

QuoteGimbiya.
The point is that AIDS is quite rampant amongst married couples and it has nothing to do with waywardness. What it has to do with is ignorance and it has devastating multiplier effects.
Take in this scenario:
A woman becomes a widow because her husband dies of AIDS. Unknown to her, she has contracted the disease. In our society, she will not be allowed to remain single for long. So she gets married again. ?She will possibly marry a man who has a wife or two already. He catches it from her and spreads it to his other wives. One of them dies, maybe the former widow. The man may divorce one of his wives and she marries some one else. He could die and then his other wives have to marry. So it goes on and on. Then there are the children who will probably be born with the virus.
?

you are so right. actually what you have said above is the main reason why I have decided to create this organization. When you talk about AIDS in northern nigeria they only see the reality way of getting infected by it(SEX) but that's not my main reason I have hear about too many scenerios like the one you have above and that's where my main concern at. Mostly the married women su a ke cuta. so I want to figure a way so that they can learn about the virus and protect others and themselves from it.
thank you for your encouragement, this is an important topic for me. I am dedicating most of my time to this organization and inshaallahu we will make a difference, we will help the people who are in need.

ummita

Gimbz, how far along with ur porjectasy? Yeah...u been gettin alot of infoz from kanoonlinerz.
Its all gud!!!!!! (Allah ya kera buderwar)
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Anonymous

Tis is a very good topic. Gimbiya I cant contribute more than what they have all said. It covers evrything I WANT TO SAY
Ubangiji Allah ya kara taimakawa

ummi

hiya aids is not only transmitted thru sex, and its spreadin so fast more in saharan africa due to ignorance and some traditional thingy goin on. parents are ashamed to talk about sex and aids. but its abt tyme parents talk to kids abt it coz its real and its in the top 5 killer disease now abt 5 ppl contact aids evry hr (statistics from WHO) so we need enlightenment and it needs to start from home. cioa and good luck Gimbiya in ur campaign. CIAO