News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

PIECE OF ADVICE

Started by MySeLf, September 06, 2007, 12:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ibro2g

Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger...Hang in there, I didnt say you shouldn't fight for whats yours/deserve
Safety and Peace

amira

Quote from: Myself on October 25, 2007, 12:12:09 AM
Quote from: gogannaka on October 24, 2007, 04:35:42 PM
Quote from: waduz on October 24, 2007, 09:40:03 AM
Quote from: Dan-Borno on October 10, 2007, 08:21:45 PM
If you see any okada man driving recklessly
while you are driving your car, just help him
a little and shove him with your bumber, take
him to the clinic and pay the bill  - shegu marasa
hankali. :-[

Wallahi DB, you have scratch where it is itching everyone. These idiots have taken over our main roads and are making a mince meat of innocent riders! I will not hesitate to urge Government to ban the use of motorcycles for commercial purpose.

Gaskiya these okada people are really such a nuisance now.

Ai abinda yakamata gwabnati tayi wa yan Achaba, shine HANYA.
Hanya tasu kawai su daina bin hanyar motoci, tunda society din can not do without them.
Amma asarori da suke kawowa na rayuka dana motocin mutane ai sai Allah kawai...
So my piece of Advice go to gwabnatin jiha.... ADUBA LAMARIN YAN ACHABA DON ALLAH.

Amma kuma pollution dinsu yayi yawa.
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

MySeLf

Haka kuwa Amira..... Ko Anyi musu hanya, Hayakin baburan kuma ya isa kisa.. Hhm! ???
To Dan Allah meye maganin wannan tashin hankaline, waishi ACHABA?

Quote from: Ibro2g on October 25, 2007, 04:30:13 PM
Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger...

That's right Ibro......
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

Mufi

Wannan maganar yan achaba, ina ga yayi stemming from rashin enough buses da taxi's to go around, but the govt. should try and implement some rules and regulations on the usage and maintainance of those motorcycles. Irin rashin lafiya dake affecting mutane from the poor quality of air is staggering. Allah ya taimaka amin.
Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.

Mufi

One of my favourite piece of advice is:

"Smile! It makes everybody wonder what you're up to." :) :) :)

Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.

Nuruddeen

Quote from: Mumcee on October 26, 2007, 04:20:13 AM
One of my favourite piece of advice is:

"Smile! It makes everybody wonder what you're up to." :) :) :)

Some smiles live one in doubt bcos it conceals alot of meanings. You are right my dear.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Ibro2g

dont do to others what you wouldnt want others do to you

THe achaba problem is a growing one. Air/noise pollution, frustration and head aches. I dont blame the riders though, our society is a poor one and transportation is necessary. The government has done too little to provide adequate and affordable transportation, to promote the living condition and health of its citizens. Take abj 4 example, the ban on achaba and bringing in busses did clean up the city, but people are suffering still, the cabs are expensive, the busses dont go everywhere and one'll have to wait since the busses are still short, workers stay or walk on the road till 10p.m tryina getting home.

Heal the world
Safety and Peace

HUSNAA

Ban the mixing of petrol and engine oil as the main fuel used by yan acaba in their babura. That is the main culprit da ya ke sa hayaki yana turnike garin. Kuma they should be sensitized on revviing the motor cycle engines less when they are stationary. That should help in stemming the unnecessary spurts of poisonous smoke.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

MySeLf

But I just don't understand why the government will not provide enough transfort and get rid of
this tashin hankali achaba ba..... Duk taimakonsa ga society barnarsa tana da yawa
Ga irin yan mutocin nan adaidaita sahhu, why not get enough of them? instead of
the govt giving away babura, why not them? Inna ganin zasufi dadin sha'ani. 

kitkat

Quote from: HUSNAA on October 27, 2007, 07:31:04 AM
Ban the mixing of petrol and engine oil as the main fuel used by yan acaba in their babura. That is the main culprit da ya ke sa hayaki yana turnike garin. Kuma they should be sensitized on revviing the motor cycle engines less when they are stationary. That should help in stemming the unnecessary spurts of poisonous smoke.

The problem is that almost all the okadas use small two stroke engines which require a mix of oil and petrol for lubrication because there is no oil reservoir or crankcase.They have been banned in most developed countries and replaced by four stroke or new generation two strokes which dont require the "mix" amma mu ba ruwan mu da environment so anything goes.

Some years ago when i was in Lagos there was a crackdown on smoking two stroke mopeds in South korea and thousands were seized from the streets untill they became a problem to dispose. An enterprising Ibo chap offered to dispose of them for a fee and promptly began dismantling them and shippin to Nigeria  unchallenged, where  they were reassembled in his warehouse at Ebutte Metta and sold for between 15 to 17 thousand naira. I

m not kidding, this guy got paid to remove the bikes from the govt pounds over there and he shipped them to Naija and sold them for almost pure profit.

Ive noticed that In some places in Kano there is a permanent blue haze in the air during rush hour and i wonder what our lungs must look like by now.

Like him or Hate him I still pray for el rufai anytime im in abuja and notice the lack of screaming motorcycles and attendant smoke screen at every junction, plus there are no more okada wards designated to cater for their victims in FCT hospitals.

Nuruddeen

Quote from: kitkat on October 30, 2007, 02:46:30 AM

The problem is that almost all the okadas use small two stroke engines which require a mix of oil and petrol for lubrication because there is no oil reservoir or crankcase.They have been banned in most developed countries and replaced by four stroke or new generation two strokes which dont require the "mix" amma mu ba ruwan mu da environment so anything goes.

Some years ago when i was in Lagos there was a crackdown on smoking two stroke mopeds in South korea and thousands were seized from the streets untill they became a problem to dispose. An enterprising Ibo chap offered to dispose of them for a fee and promptly began dismantling them and shippin to Nigeria  unchallenged, where  they were reassembled in his warehouse at Ebutte Metta and sold for between 15 to 17 thousand naira. I

m not kidding, this guy got paid to remove the bikes from the govt pounds over there and he shipped them to Naija and sold them for almost pure profit.

Ive noticed that In some places in Kano there is a permanent blue haze in the air during rush hour and i wonder what our lungs must look like by now.

Like him or Hate him I still pray for el rufai anytime im in abuja and notice the lack of screaming motorcycles and attendant smoke screen at every junction, plus there are no more okada wards designated to cater for their victims in FCT hospitals.

I totally agree with what u said Kitkat. The 'yan achaba, mutuwa dole and/or crushers as their name implies are just a manace and disaster to our environmental savvy. There is no law guiding their mode of operation in Naija. These pppl are seriously causing alot of havoc to the society. I was at Katsina sometime this year and unfortunately enough we hit one of them. We hit him bcos of a speed bumps that caught us unawares. We then took him to hospital for treatment. It was there that I realised almost every 5 minutes u would c an accident patient brought into that Hospital. And believe you me, its all these Achaba ppple. I there4 suport Mallam Nasir el-Rufa'i for banning them from the Abuja roads. How do you c Abuja now? Marvellous I suppose. Brother, I am with u wholeheartedly.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

gogannaka

Quote from: kitkat on October 30, 2007, 02:46:30 AM

Some years ago when i was in Lagos there was a crackdown on smoking two stroke mopeds in South korea and thousands were seized from the streets untill they became a problem to dispose. An enterprising Ibo chap offered to dispose of them for a fee and promptly began dismantling them and shippin to Nigeria  unchallenged, where  they were reassembled in his warehouse at Ebutte Metta and sold for between 15 to 17 thousand naira.
Im not kidding, this guy got paid to remove the bikes from the govt pounds over there and he shipped them to Naija and sold them for almost pure profit.

Dumping ground! and we say we have a Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON).

I doubt if there is a way to ban the mixing of petrol and engine oil.
@myself,even the adaidaita sahu tricycles emit the blue hazardous smoke.
In india where they are manufactured they use LPG(liquefied petroleum gas) for their combustion.Even the motorbike uses this LPG which has at least safer carbon II oxide emmission.

The best way is to ban the importationof these 2 stroke mix engines and allow only the newer ones kitkat mentioned.

Amma i'm afraid,like in Kano where the Governor believes dashing out jincheng's is serious human development,this is not easily achievable.

Piece of advise:
Get a mask.

Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

Da gaskiyar ka fa GGNK. Get a mask. when ppl start wearing masks and others begin to observe how weird the whole set up is, then ppl would sit up and take notice of what is happening. There must be some research done on the this smog level.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

waduz

Another possible way out of the acaba chicanery, is for government to empower the Police to collect N1000:00 levy from any commercial m/cycle rider who commits a road traffic!
Failure to pay, the m/cycle will be impounded. Do this for just a month and you will notice changes and the citizens will be saved from the dangers associated with riding achaba. ;D

MySeLf

LOVE UR OWN REGARDLESS

Naka nakane regardless how rotten.....