News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Congratulations to KANAWAS

Started by kilishi, October 13, 2003, 08:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilishi

On behalf of myself and the entire members of my household[including the master ofcourse] Wish to congratulate the people of Kano on the 40th Anniversary of their Emir Alh Dr Mal Ado bayero[GCFR,JP]may he live long and his royal impact be felt by the masses.
I heard that there is going to be a conference on [not too sure]"TRADITIONAL RULERS AND SECURITY,past,present,and future" or something like that, since we are not going to be there to say out our minds i think in our own little environment we can have something to contribute,what i really want us to look at is what impacdt does trhe traditional institutions made on the masses?are the traditional institutions allowed to play their own role?tradition ispart of   our identity,how far can we go to protect it[i.e the chiefdoms].
ilishi

kilishi

In an interview with Dr Ibrahim Tahir,[talban bauchi] he said Modern day tech helps in preserving our culture,yes i really agree with him i can give example with Kanoonline and other Northern sites
Do u agree that traditional institutions are the custodian and repository of our culture??are they still playing any significant role,do u think our traditional institutions are far better than the so-called democratic system[freedom of speech,association,religion etc],can they be termed as peace keepers in terms of crisees.Kanawas over to you.
ilishi