News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

OVERSEAS SCHOOLING FOR NORTHERN CHILDREN / Will U send ur Children to study Abroad...why or why not?

Started by Dan-Sokoto, October 05, 2002, 04:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Sokoto

I will really appreciate comments and views on the trend of our Northern elites sending their children to schools in foreign countires:

This poser becomes more important, when i am a witness to some of our respected sisters and daughters getting married to xtians in London and America after long periods of schooling in these countries. If it is necessary for us to send our children, should it be both girls and boys? At what age? Or should we don't even do it. Or should we only send them to middle eastern islamic countires?

All these are issues that have really bothered my mind, because i see it becoming a fashionable trend in our current societies. Just last week in New York, i was shocked to my bones to meet a pure hausa-fulani lady from a reputable northern islamic family married to an american caucacian and invariably she has converted to his religion and they have 2 kids.

I am most grateful for your anticipated responses.

Blaqueen

whao  :o are u serious??? hmmmm... oh well her choice...*dont ya think*

and no.. i dont agree that there has to be a specific gender/age/country u have to send ur kids to...

in most cases.. the mid-eastern countries are worse...

if u see a "mis-led" northerner abroad... check out their family background.. it all starts from there...

and i've met many many northerners who maintain their religion and culture abroad...  :) so... it depends on the kind of role models they have in life...

but a good solution.. get ur kids married before they go on to masters...  ;) if u dont trust ur child... if u do.. pray to Allah to guide them right
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Anonymous

I totally reject Dan Sakkwato analysis of the situation.
Dan sakkwato banajin gaskiyane yan uwa Musulmi ko musulma zai je kasar kafirai ya auri kafira. Anya? Ni kaina a kasar waje nike amma ban taba ganin wani wanda ya yi ridda ba ko kuma ya canza addini.
What normally occurs- not to Northern muslims- is some people in order to gain US citizenship will "temporarily" get married - get citizenship and revert to the status quo ante.
I can however beleive you if you furnish this site withan example.
Sai naji dagagareka.

Dan-Sokoto

Amin

Wallahi gaskiya ne. Bai kamata in fadi suna ba, domin zai za ma cin mutunci da fallasa wanda ba ya da kyau a addinin musulunci. Kuma duk ma su dangartaka da wannan mata ba su ji dadin halin da ta ke ciki ba.

Amma, the issue here shi ne muyi discussion tsakanin mu domin bu ba juna shawara ma fi kyau.

Ni, a gani na, ya kamata yara su je kasahen turawa kara karatu bayan sun kare secondry school. Domin a lokacin sun samu kyakyawan tarbiya akan halayar mu da musulunci. Kuma sun san ciwon kan su.

Allah ya kara muna lura a ko yaushe -- Ameen

Rose

aNo Ta DaBo ChiGaRii, GaRi Ba KaNo Ba DaJin ALLaH.

sdanyaro

Assalamu alaikum;
Fyne Dyme Queen, Amin, fulani,
Thank you all for contributing to this topic and an gaishe ka Dan-Sokoto (ga GORO daga KANO . . . . . .) for starting the topic.

I think this is very important, very sensitive and very personal topic. While it is neither right or good to generalize,

Does it seems like the younger the person (Male or Female) starts and complete schools abroad, the harder for him or her to make the necessary adjustments to go back and live in the Motherland??

Does it seems like somewhat harder for Females to make the necessary adjustments and sacrifices to go back and live in the Motherland after finishing schools abroad compared to their Male counterparts??

Is just the person's parental upbringing that is at play or does cultures also play a part??

Does whether the person goes to school abroad on their on, or with their parents or guardians matters??

Do we or should we have some private schools that can be on par with the schools abroad??

Does the level of education (prenatal, nanny, day care, pre-school, school, after-school, kindergarten, Islamiya school, Makarantar Allo, Almajiranci, primary school, elementary school, secondary school, Technical school, Vocational school, Trade school, High school, Low school, A-Level, Z-Level, Under and over graduate schools) matters??

Anonymous

assalam
look first of all lets get to the roots of the problem
we are sent (am a student studying abroad) by our parents to kaser waje for what purpose?
well simple,
1)riots
2)strikes
3)low education standards
my friend tackle all of these and no parent will send his/her kid to study abroad.
we have a.b.u
which has a potential to be amongst the best uni's in this world, yes this world u heard me not "only africa"
got my point ?
hope so
se anjuma
naka/naki
ali hamza

Dan-Sokoto

Assalaam

Ali Hamza, not that you are wrong, but you are missing the point. No matter how good our schools are, some people will still send their wards to school overseas. In any case by whatever yard stick, there is nothing wrong with going to overseas for education. Allah ya ce a nemi ilmi ko da zai kai mutum kasar Sin. And for me, the whole idea of education, involves going to other places, seeing and learning how things are different from your own setting, all with the sole aim of improving your self.

However, the issue here is, a particular problem is identified with sending children to school, and the poser is, how do we balance our sending children overseas vis-a-vis their falling into the problem we have identified. Otherwise, if one is to start another topic, it can safely be posed, how do we overcome all the problems you have listed in order to improve our schools system in Nigeria? But that is not the issue here. However, if you can still propose from your own perspective, what you think is wrong with our educational system and recommend ways to overcome them in order to eliminate 1)Riots 2) Strikes and 3) Low educational standards we will appreciate.

Ku za ma lafiya.
Dan-Sokoto

Ihsan

Assalaam Alaikum,

I totally agree with Fyne. If you have had a good upbringing, wallah ko ina ka shiga you'll stick to that value.
Yeah, da kwai da ya wa wadanda ke karatu kasar waje kuma suke mantawa da addinin su (sun aje shi gefe guda) but at the same time, su wadanda da ke nan gida Nigeria ai suma basu fasa...har ma abun da suke yi wani/wata da ke waje bai yin shi. So, idan kuwa har anayin wadannan abubuwan a gida Nigeria, what do you expect from wadanda suke abroad (those da basu da good upbringing da ma can) Besides-da wannan yajin aikin if kana da hanyar fitar kasar waje yin karatu, why not go???  Kuma ba duka aka hadu aka zama daya ba.
Allah ya shirye mu baki daya
Ma'3ssalaamah.
greetings from Ihsaneey

Blaqueen

ok.... i think schoolin' abroad is a GREAT oppurtunity....

and if ur worried about losin' culture... and losin moral values.. i know many northerners who neva even smelled chad's border.. but still are RAW!!!!!....

so its not about being abroad or home...

Blaqueen

Posted by: Salisu U. Danyaro Posted on: Today at 3:53am
Assalamu alaikum;

Does it seems like somewhat harder for Females to make the necessary adjustments and sacrifices to go back and live in the Motherland after finishing schools abroad compared to their Male counterparts??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

male counterparts????? its not necessary that the females go back and marry a northerner.... and they dont really have to adjust to anything.... the male can simply accept the way they are... or he can marry a more "traditionalized" woman...

so personally.. i dont think thats much of an issue...

Fulanizzle

SALAMU ALAIKUM.........

why is it that when a Northerner studies abroad, that person is considered rotten??? Thats just not fair!!!! I know some people studyin outta Nija and are ANGELS....i also know others that r just off the hook!!!! :-/

Still ,I hear stories from relaiable sources bout what goes down in ABU, BUK, and Uni Maid...and belive me, what goes on there doesnt even happen in colleges outta Nija.....i dont wanna get rude, so I am not getting into examples....

And u know what??? Yes, I agree that family background plays an important role in one's  behaviours.... But  one becomes rotten whenever he/she wants to....FOR example, i know some kidz that r from  extremely religeous families...but i shake my head at their actions, as though they came from the jungle.....
hope i made myself clear....

May Allah protect from EVIL, thats all i can say....Ameen :D

Salam....

)

Anonymous

The issue here is not wheather you can afford it or not,we talk abaut moral values or behavior,what normally happens is that whenever you send your child abroad to read is extremely hard for that child to return behaving as decent as you send him no mattere the background that is because of the diverse culture the child is exposed there,and nibanga wani dallili na tura da waje yayi karatuba,duk abinda zai karanto ba zai sa yafi sauran wa'yanda suka yi karatu anan ba,kuma ai malamanmu yawawnci acan suka yi karatu saboda haka inda za a tsaya abasu abinda ya dace da kuma facilities da sun yi abinda 'yan wajen basu yi ba,kamar ni a canada nayi karatu kuma acan na samu first son dina wanda har ya samu citezenship nacan ,amma saboda sanin rayuwar yanzu na barshi a B.U.K,inda da yayi first degree yana iya komawa can waje yayi masters don a lokacin ya mallaki hankalin kansa.sannan ban yadda da maganan background ba,duk abin ya doru akan maturity,yanzu a zamanin yau sai dai Allah ya gyara kawai.

Ihsan

Assalaam Alaika m.t Shira

Well...yeah it's true akan zancen background din mutum...zaka ga 'ya'yan malamai suna yin abunda bai kamata ba...ka ga anan baza mu ce iyayensu basu basu tarbiyya mai kyau ba...but at the same time, for some ppl, idan dai har suka samu wannan good upbringing tun daga farko, to kam suna rikeshi ko a'ina suke.

Kuma ba duka iyaye ke aika 'ya'yan su karatu waje ba har sai sun tabbatar baza suyi shaidan ci ba. Wasu iyayen na monitoring duk abunda yaro keyi, suna visiting now and then, suna sawa yaransu curfew etc.

Ko ina mutum yake in dai zuciyar shi tana kan abu, to babu makawa sai yayi shi. Ko nan Nigeria wannan shaidanshin anayinsa wanda wani ma ba'ayinsa anan :-/. Sai dai kawai muce Allah ya shirye mu baki daya. Ameen

Ma'3ssalaamah
greetings from Ihsaneey

Anonymous

You guys are talking as if those back at home are waliyai or sort of salihai  :-X
Gida ko waje ? meye bambamcin? wherever someone is in yaso ya lallace zai lallace and if it's written down 4 him zai auri christian, ko bature ko inyamuri ,he've got no other chioce, sai dai Addu'an  make god zaba mafi alheri.