News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Reading & books

Started by Muhammad, April 04, 2003, 01:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhammad

Salam

I wanted to write this post as a comment but thought sharing it with others will generate a shot curiosity about the topic.
      I was browsing the internet the other day and stumbled upon a very entertaining book about the life of Fidel castro (i must admit even though I do not subscribe to the failed idea of communism, Castro contnues to be some one I admire for his effort to bring equality to the society).
Its not that I have not read about 'uncle' fidel before, but the pleasure of reading the same story told with a different twist is amongst the most heartening things i like about reading.
Also, I read many article about Mallam Aminu Kano ( another fidelista)but when I learnt of a book written about him, Life of an African revolutionary,  I could not resist the temptation of buying the book even though it costs a fortune.

The idea here is to convey the joy of reading and its importance.
I now ask,
*what book, any book, have you read and enjoyed reading time and times over?
* why do you like reading the book?
* Do you relate to the book?
*do you see reading as a powerful tool in the development of vocabulary, hence its inclusion in elementary school curriculum?

Please share with us your thoughts negetive or positive. All welcome.
Lest I forget, a non religious book i read a million times and still read it  today is  "1984".
The book assumes more importance to me in this atmosphere of War of because "Big Brother to me is SADDAM"
CIAO

ummita

"WHO MOVED MY CHEESE"
Author: Doctor Spencer Johnson.
[/b][/u]
Its all u need. It talks about changes and how we accept them. For those that dwelled into that tpoic, future of fulaniz & hausa, juss get this book & duk ur head in...ya'all will get d picture. Basically it has turned alot of ppls life stlye, made them 2 beliveve in theirselves, made alot of ppl moved with wateva comes their way as well

"Women in Shariah"
Author:Abdur Rahman I. Doi
[/b][/u]
I'd recommend ya'all grab a book this book especially the cchicks here. Ina ICE? Saw u talkin about Shariah & a lil contemplation on suin nima da ban agreein on ba.....4 d true & real picture of Islam with regards 2 shariah in respect of women grab a copy

"THE REDG FOG OVER AMERICA"
Author: William Guy Carr.
[/b][/u]
Truss me none of you want ot miss out this book.........especially ALI HAMZA d extremist ;).........Get a copy of this book. It reveals that an International conspiracy using One World Government as a springboard, is in operation for the purpose of destroying our national and religious institutuion. In no way! the book speaks all about Jews & Americans all their plans. The real hidden mysteries, theIr duinz & reason of all that is happenin now & more or less that will occur in d nearest future......

PAWNS IN THE GAME"
Author: Commander Author: William Guy Carr
[/b][/u]
A former British Naval Officer describes the worldwide conspiracy of "Jews" who employ communism as the battering ram agaisnt Islam & christianity which also includes alot of atrocities. Read and find out the real hidden mysteries

Basically these two books have been banned in the whole of Europe. Both nationally & internationally, so I heard. There also came so many programmes in Larry King & his supporters that have an ill feeling to these two books, because it speaks alot of those mystries that if all r 2 find out...thing myt b different :-/ A freind told me, he was once readin one of these books & coincidently he stumbled upon a jew. Boi his reaction was not soooooooooo very nyc as my freind stated.
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Aydee Fella

yal should plz look for a book titled " By waay of deception" by sumn Ostrovsky read it and i need not  to tell u more about the jewish conspiracies in this world
never rat out yur friends n alwaiz keep yur mouth shut"

Blaqueen

Double Yoke
Buchi Emecheta

i loooooove that book finish!!!!!! wow, love it love it! was about this chic and this chico in uni of calabar..  ;D and controversial issues.. and traditional opression and views.. and blah blah.. wallahi wonderful book!
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Twinkle

Little red riding hood a must read story ;D
Cinderalla
Snow white
Ok what is this:: Kanoonline library!!! but its all good

Gaskiya you should read this book MESSAGE TO THE BLACK MAN: Auhtor; Elijah Muhammed
Its about a black man called  Elijah was standing up since the 1930''s. A time that blacks were hung for looking at or commonly called "eye balling" a white woman. Coupled with segregation, and only being maybe 100 yrs from chattle slavery. Elijah also destroys typical beleifs of God being a spirt, or as he likes to call it a "spook". And, offers Quranic and Biblical references to his findings which challenges not only Christianity, but the Islmaic world also.

Very very interesting. He has these hardcopy fact that if I had not know the real truth of my religion. I would say I might have belived the bull he wrote in there.

MAN GOD AND CIVILISATION Author Elijah Muhammed. Very very interesting you wont shut that book till you done!
color=red]I RULE IN A UNIQUE WAY!

[/color]
[/i]

Blaqueen

anthor book by BUCHI EMECHETA ... "Second Class Citizen"...
stuggle of an Igbo woman thru life in england.. i mean, wow! the lady went thru a LOT!
including her husband mistreating her.. using her money... cheating on her.. preventing her from having kids... the racism issue.. family at home. etc etc... powerful book
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy