News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Kano Govt stops music exhibition

Started by alkanawi, March 01, 2010, 10:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alkanawi

The French cultural center, Alliance Francaise, organised a music exhibition with performing artistes from both European and African countries, Nigeria inclusive.However before the day of the event, the Kano state government cancelled the event citing reasons which were so foolish as to make me forget them.
Now i am not the kind of guy who can sacrifice an arm to attend such events, but i can sense a "more catholic than the pope" attitude here, a sanctimonious, holier-than-thou overzealousness in enforcing a moral code. The "bikin aure" by whatever name it is called,  is  more worthy of their attentions if i understand their intentions well. It is in such bukukkuwa that adult male and females mingle freely dancing to sexually seductive songs.Nobody says a thing.But it happens daily.
I think it is a tad bit strong handed.And it is the same Government that officially keeps a dancing cultural troupe which it is even proud of.The famous "koroso troupe" as far as i know, do not conform to their defination of morality, but why then keep them.
I dont know if i am coming out too strongly, but i am just trying to dispassionately assess Government's actions and see if It is consistent and steadfast in enforcing Its rule.
"corgito ergo sum"

gogannaka

Kano ta dabo ci gari!
Ina ganin gwamnatin bata da aikin yi ne shiyasa take bin irin wadannan petty petty abubuwan.
Allah ya sawwaka!
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Dan-Borno

gaskiya this is one thing that p****s me off with the
government of kano state.  government should give a
level playing ground to all and in this case, the alliance
france is a notable international organization that its
activities has been very beneficial to our communities
and why is it only now that the state governments'
search light is at them?

i think the alliance france should challenge the decision
of the state government in a court of law, because if
this is left unchallenged, it means other nigerians living
in kano will soon face some difficulties showcasing their
traditional and historical values.

sardauna, muna tsammanin ganinka a aso rock where you
yourself will dance to the european disco - see you there
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

Salam,

This is quite a surprising development, but for us to comprehend it fully we have to look at it from different angles. We shouldn't just rush to conclusion because AF is a foreign owned organization or because the State government itself owned and supports a programme like the foiled event and so on.

For instance, what was actually planned to take place? Is it in accordance with good moral, real culture and most significantly Shari'ah? We know what's happening; and as correctly said Alkanawi, there are numerous other events that take place daily, which are like or worst than that. But remember this is Kano, garin alfarma da isa da takama. I have heard of many incidents where Hisbah guys were precluded to stop such from taking place; where they were even beaten up and the even went on till the final whistle normally; etc.

But notwithstanding those faults, selfish, inconsistencies and incongruities here and there government justifiably misfired many of such. And I urge them to keep the ball rolling.

@DB,

Kai dai kadai kai kidanka kai rawarka. Shekarau no fit 4 president.  ;D
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Muhsin,the unfolding events in the country offer a chance for Shekarau.
Malaman shi sun ce akwai addu'ar da idan suka yi ko ana so ko ba'a so sai yayi.

Kenan very soon za'a hana British council such events.
The events irin su rapacious rap, Barmane Choge are all part of the preservation and study of the Hausa and Nigerian culture in general.
The Nigerian Music industry,one must admit, has grown so much and is now recognized worldwide.
It is this kind of recognition that makes cultural centers organize such events.

Muhsin

^^^Gaskiya there is a world of differences between that of AF and BC. I never miss those of the latter while I have heard lots of the former. For example, BC's public events (Rapacious Rap Rapture, Barmani Choge, Fullah, etc); entrance was strictly by invitation. I can recall we first met there, right? And there's thus no careless mingling of guys and ladies. You are an eyewitness to that, so no need to say more.

And on the AF's organized events: I once, during preparation for the last GTG, entered the building with a friend and saw some ladies in skimpy dress--half naked, having a rehearsal-like on beauty pageant, i.e. sarauniyar kyau. On another instant, BC initially held WAPI—a programme where guys and ladies dance provocatively, but sensing it might cause them a problem they transferred the sordid event to AF.

Further still, look at the area, Magajin Rumfa road—so silent, secluded, and far, etc. Everything could happen as everyone could do everything without care in the world. Worst still, usually an invite to gathering like this specify that no ladies are invited, but that of that even made no such specifications. I heard it many at times on radio, and I read on pamphlets.

On a side note, I don't care if Shekarau becomes president, but I really, really doubt if he would be. He's quite a naïve politician, a local champion. More-over, he's too soft, too careless and uncommitted towards many things. And his "religiosity" will not help him in any way for Nigerian is not a Muslim state.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

bakangizo

Quote from: Muhsin on March 02, 2010, 02:10:23 PM
On a side note, I don't care if Shekarau becomes president, but I really, really doubt if he would be. He's quite a naïve politician, a local champion. More-over, he's too soft, too careless and uncommitted towards many things. And his "religiosity" will not help him in any way for Nigerian is not a Muslim state.

An gaisheka mallam muhsin  ;D ;D ;D. Gaskiya na dade ban ga irin wannan remark din ba. Such bitterness expressed. Da Kano PDP sun san da kai, ai da mun sha jin ka a Frido Rediyo kaima kana zazzagar Shekarau  ;D  Na wa o.

On the ban, we should wait to hear the full gist. I heard the Head of the Censor Board saying that during last year's event, some observations were noted and were communicated to AF. However, nothing was done about the observations by AF. I see nothing wrong in taking this action. 

Muhsin

bakangizo

Dan-Borno

^^^Gaskiya there is a world of differences between that of AF and BC.

wai ni yaushe ne zaka fahimci wayewan kai? are you hiding under the
umbrella of Islam in this issue? in ba son kai ba, menene banbancin
barmani mai coge ko dan asharalle ko ali jita da kuma artist from europe
and other parts of africa - are they not all ARTIST? kaga young muhsin,
we have to accept the consequences of a mixed society.

......... his "religiosity" will not help him in any way
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka