News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

My APOLOGY PLEASE!

Started by _Waziri_, January 13, 2008, 01:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Waziri_

Salamun Alaikum,

This is to put forward my apology to  Mal. Salisu Danyaro, Prof. Abdalla, Prof. Munzali Jibril, Prof. Yadudu, Dr. Bala Muhd, Dr. Baba Impossible and all the Kanawa that are involved for what was mistakenly published as a full pledged report in the Weekly Trust of 22, December, 2007, under the title, Were the Pharaohs Hausa?. Something I have published here as just work of science fiction placed @ the futuristic 2050 with the view of reminding my kinsmen in Hausaland of their noble origin in the space of history. But my friend @ Weekly Trust, thot otherwise and  yanked it from his mailbox and amended the title, removed the dates, MISTAKENLY, and published it as a report of a genuine research carried out.

One Professor of Biology in one of our Universities was moved to the pains of calling me in order to link him up with the team of experts in the reports.

To this end many people did not like it and have written serious rejoinders objecting my conclusion and as such I wish here to state clearly that the errors that led to the publication of the report as it was were not intended and that the sole intention of the work was to carry our people back to history in a big way and have fun in the process by fictitiously allocating the Evil black Pharaohs to the Kanawa and the Noble black Prophets to Zagezagi, in the light of the age old traditional friendly banter that exists between Kano and people of Zazzau. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Please refer to the Weekly Trust of 12/01/08 for a forceful clarification made by the Editor and myself. And once again my apology.

Here is the link to what I have published here: http://kanoonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=3439.0

Thank you!

I remain most grateful

Waziri

Muhsin

Waziri,

My heart had been reacting; either to say a word or no here. But I later decided to, no matter how it'd mean.

All I wan't to say is a wish that all concerned individuals could and would apologize you Waziri. As the saying goes; to err is human...

Thanks
Muhsin
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Waziri are u serious about this generating so much flak? Is it really true? Direct us to the editorials and contributors' comments (outside Konline that is) so that we can read about it! I am indeed shocked to say the least that anything like that would be taken more seriously than it deserved to be taken, becos we at konline all recognized the nature of the article's 'barkwanci'.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

We all understood.
The truth is that he went a little too far.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

_Waziri_

Quote from: HUSNAA on January 14, 2008, 01:59:05 PM
Waziri are u serious about this generating so much flak? Is it really true? Direct us to the editorials and contributors' comments (outside Konline that is) so that we can read about it! I am indeed shocked to say the least that anything like that would be taken more seriously than it deserved to be taken, becos we at konline all recognized the nature of the article's 'barkwanci'.

Yes Hajiya it really generated much "flak". So many phone calls to me and people like Prof. Abdalla to verify the claims. I also received a lot of objections thru mails which I think should not be published here. There are also articles in Newspapers like the one that appeared in the last edition of the Weekly Trust, I believe you can find it in the website, www.dailytrust.com/weekly . But the paper apologized in these words:

Corrigendum: The author was contacted and we discovered that he earlier communicated that the write up  was fictional and set in the future(the 2050), points that were lost in the course of editing. The journal, Archival, is also supposed to be fictional. We apologise(emphasis mine) .[/i] Editor

Waziri