News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

RELIGION :Problem Of Mankind

Started by Waziri, February 13, 2004, 01:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Waziri
I do not doubt  much of what you say about the murderous behaviour of many wicked and anti-religious tyrants.
This does not change the fact that there have been truly terrible persecutions done in this world in the name of religion and some very evil deeds.
It does none of us any good to turn a blind eye to these  or to only blame the adherents of other religions not our own.

Waziri

Yes sir, that is true, but when emphasis is laid much on the crimes done by religion almost ignoring that of irreligion as it is happening today we feel greatly uncomfortable since the truth is: that of irreligion is the most heinous both in theory and in practice.

Guduma

Ordinarily I do not subscribe to the idea of talking "religion" with non proponents of my religion for fear of being misunderstood. Religions are things of the heart and mind of an individual that are supposed to morally and spritually guide human beings in their lives. It is on records that the relgion of Islam is the most embarssed, condemned and sometimes its adherents outrightly labelled barbaric, crude and terrorists. The problem, to me actually is MANKIND and not religion(S)

Developed nations of the world have persistently continued to muzzle smaller nations economically and politically to suit their purpose. Through colonization and subjugation to present day outright invasion, ala Iraq. The U.S in particular is the biggest culprit in this regard. Regardless of any consequences, it bull dozes itself, its policies and perceptions on nations that are otherwise at variance with such doctrines. In the process the U.S wittingly creats monsters who uses any means at their disposal to express un willingness in accepting such "foreign" ideologies.

Currently the U.S has succeeded in adding Iraq to the list of terror nations. In a very unfortunate, deceptive and dye in the wool "intelligence" reports, the U.S leading the U.K and a dew others embarked and executed a fierce war against a defenceless people, who had virtually nothing to defend themselves with. The whole world led by France vehemently cried against the prosecution in vain. Now if one may ask, how the Iraqis ever trust, believe or even regard the U.S as a survior it claims to be? Now these people who have been moved to the wall, and have no where to run to, are daily killing the U.S soldiers and their Iraqi allys through suicide bombings.
Now to the Israelis and Palestinian conflict that has defied all solutions and is growing bigger every day, is a making of some obnoxious rules and arrogating to themselves someone's else's land and country. In the years of the Balfour Declaration, Dr. Nahum Goldman, who was then the Jewish World Congress President said, " The jewish might have had Uganda, Madagascar or any other places for the establishment of a jewish "fatherland" but we want absolutely nothing except Palestine not because the dead sea water by evaporation can produce five trillion dollars worth of metalloids and powdered metal, not because the sub soil of Palestine contains twenty times more petroleum than all the combined reserves of the two Americas, but because Palestine constitute the veritable center of world political power, the strategic centre for world control"

And in 1928 Dr. Chaim Weizmann the first Israeli President (1948-52) said " We will establish ourselves in Paletine whe ther you like it or not! You can hasten our arrival, or you can equally retard it. It is, however better for you to help us so as to avoid our constructive power being turned into a destructive power which will overthrow the world" !!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

God willing George Bush will pay the price for the illegal invasion of Iraq to steal its oil. He is now behind in the American opinion polls as the American people waken up to the evil America has been doing. Tony Blair, his little helper, is also behind in the polls in UK for the same reason. I don't think Blair will be PM of  UK by the end of this year. Unfortunately the fall of both these fools will not help Iraq as the damage has already been done.

Ibro2g

QuoteUnfortunately the fall of both these fools will not help Iraq as the damage has already been done.

Mr David, there is som`n u dont know, it may be my assumptions or maybe coincidence. You are quite right that loosing the elections wouldnt help Iraqi's. Coz as far as the muslim world is concerned, it doesn't end. No matter who wins, U.K and U.S remain what they are. And they all in their own political ways find a way...to cut the story short...it's not over.
Safety and Peace

Eskimo

and who ever wins...forget it..he is going to implement the same american agenda Mr Bush is now implementing.

May be Bush is just on the wrong side of american history.
color=blue]NOBODY is PERFECT and I am NOBODY.[/color]

Eskimo

and who ever wins...forget it..he is going to implement the same american agenda Mr Bush is now implementing.

May be Bush is just on the wrong side of american history.
color=blue]NOBODY is PERFECT and I am NOBODY.[/color]

mallm

Barkan ku da yau

I have read this string while I thought the question or issue raised was very relevant and deserving of proper objective and intellectual discussion, I was dissapointed with the direction it took.  My understanding of the issue is why the violence in the name of God?  This is a simple straight forward question yet answers went at a tangent!  The writer never mentioned any specific religion as the problem yet reponses were to the effect that this or that religion has done that or this how does that help the present situation if I may ask?  Why the defensive posture rather than a discussion?  People are asking for statistics, is even one death or act of violence due to intolerance towards a religion not too much?  

As commented in one of the posts the issue of the early christain crusaders, this issue and others like it has embarassed true christains around the world and appologies have been rendered for the act, because that act has NO biblical basis.  they bible never instructs any christain to attack or kill anyone under any circumstance.  So to even use that episode in the history of the church to justify current violence is irresponsible!

Some one questioned the relationship between religion and violence citing the need for statistics and goes on to suggest that it is secularism that is the cause of the religious violence.  But maybe we should look at what causes secularism, it is almost always out of despair, loss of faith and hope in religions!  What will you tell a secular person when you the non secular ones all you do is kill each other?  Whereas it is simpler to understand why secular communities may engage in violence, the execution of such acts defies logic.  A simple question will come to the mind of a secular person will be how can a person professing the love, compassion, supremacy of God/Allah, peace etc of their religion decide to take matters in their hands?  Is it a sign of lack of faith and trust in their God/Allah?  Does their God/Allah have a limitation?  So how tolerant religions are will have an effect on how secular populations increase or decrease.

Unless we accept that religionous violence is wrong and speak out against it irrespect of our religious belief we will remain in denial, and do not forget it is not only people and property that are destroyed, the image of the country in the comity of nations is also affected!

GoodFella

Yayin reincarnating din old threads ake. Think this 1 is also relevant considering that Mutallab's saga in the news.
Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if he or she were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do so with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
— Og Mandino (Motivational Author & Speaker)

David_McEwan_Hill

This should promote an interesting thread. I'll return to it later today when I have some time.

David_McEwan_Hill

It's not religion that is the problem of mankind. It is mankind that is the problem of religion.
All the world's major religions express very similar core values - peace, charity,honesty,conscience and forgiveness.
Then zealots get a hold of them and start to distort these values or use distortions of them to oppress people they don't agree with.

The most common nonsense is that "God" or "Allah" is responsible for everything that happens.
What a cop-out of personal responsibilty for what happens in our world.
For centuries the rich and the powerful have subdued the poor and the powerless with the mantra that everything is in God's or Allah's hands and your reward for your miserable suffering existence in this life will be paradise in the next.
I've read this kind of stuff on Kano Online. Its Allah's will. It's in Allah's hands. It's nothing of the sort. The condition of Nigeria has nothing to do with God or Allah. It has to do with theft, corruption and incompetence.
The central tenet of Christianity and Islam is that we will be judged by what we freely do on this earth. Allah or God does not put us here and then decide for us what we do. We have free will. We freely decide what we do. And the thieves that are destroyng Nigeria freely decide what they do.
And then they deceive the poor to put their faith in Allah or God and accept their poor condition.
That way they escape  judgement in this world. But they will burn in hell in the next.

bakangizo

I believe the central issue is that of "Destiny". People are wont to cling to the idea that whatever you do in this world, Allah has already ordained what you'll become. That what we are, what we will be was predestined. The issue of destiny is at best a complex one. But on the whole, I agree with you that mankind has abused this notion, using it to perpetrate criminalities, especially in Nigeria.