News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

THE MENANCE OF STREET BEGGING(almajiranci)

Started by Anonymous, August 23, 2003, 09:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I want to comment on the high rate of street begging in kano.
Sincerely speaking it should be an issue of great concern to every well meaning member of the society.
The children are dressed in very dirty and smelly clothes and to compound matters they are not properly looked after by those whom they are supposed to be under. They are being used as tools of violence in the society.
This situation(that of the almajirai and others alike) have made others to refer to Islam as a religion that encourages begging instead of working hard to achieve ones goals. Futhermore it makes people to describe Islam as a religion of lazy people. This is because you will see people who are able  (i mean physically and spiritually fit) preffering to beg instead of learning a trade that they will use to sustain theirselves and families.
This thing is very discormforting and also a thing of shame to our people. We have to sit up and salvage this situation and also our battered image.

gogannaka

And it seems their number is increasing at an alarming rate....hardly wud u stop for fifteen minutes without an almajiri aprroaching you.

Allah ya sawwake.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment