News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

"...to harry potter, the boy who lived..."

Started by beautilicious, September 11, 2004, 10:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elgaazus

beautilitious, You seeem to be so obsessed with Harry Porter. Why not try writing some thing in that direction. Just a suggestion.
orget about it

beautilicious

hey am not DAT obsessed.... but it wouldnt be bad to write  sthn az gud az dat u know. atleast i'll be popular n datz sthn...lol...jus kiddin... :D
...it takes agreat deal of courage to stand up to ur enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to ur friends..." Aaysha

beautilicious

guyz know wat? actually i think lord of d ringz is a beta story... in somewayz. i prefer harry potter books.... i still havent finished readin my lotr book. n i started two years ago. i read 1 page a day and there r thousands of pages.. lol... but i've read hp n d philosophers stone like 15 timez... n d rest too. i dunno how come i cant finish readin lotr.
wen it comes to d movies anyway, i think lotr is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beta dan harry potter. i dont do nthn these dayz dan jus watch lotr. hp movies are sumwat disappointin if u ask me. soo different from d buks which on d other hand is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than lotr.. but maybe itz coz b4 i read d nxt page, i've 4gotten d last or i couldnt undrstand  word and am tired of lookin in my dictionary... lol...
n in somewayz i like comparin d two:
dumbledore....gandalf
dobby..... chukwuyenye (gollum... he jus luks lyk chukwuyenye to me)
aragog..... shelob
n i dunno y somehow sirius seemz lyk aragorn to me
n den there's d whompin willow n d willow (itz not in d movie but in d book, its a tree which almost killed frodo n sam n d rest afta dey left d shire)
uh... dunno...they have so much in common so i'd say i lyk hp AND lotr equally.
fateez dear wat d'ya thnk?
...it takes agreat deal of courage to stand up to ur enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to ur friends..." Aaysha

precious

I havent read the lodr book but i'm going to go buy it one of these days.I was actually also comparing the two together just like beaut and i thot jk must've  gotten inspired by tolkien.I only watched the lodr trilogy a few months back and i must say it was one long weekend.I had nothing to do so i spent about nine or more hours watching the films plus all the extras that came with the dvd.
I was corrected sometime back when i said gandalf was the last Dumbledore.So if he wasnt then who was it?

beautilicious

no precious, see gandalf waz ian mckellen and dumbledore was michael gambon. see 2 different people!

elgaazus

Quotei thot jk must've  gotten inspired by tolkien.

Preciouus you may be right about it buut thhhhere are oother books   thhat innsppirrrred Tolkiiiennn  too  the sallvatore collections  gave a  lot of innsight iinntoooo thhhe fictiiioooonall unnder woooorlllld oof thhhhe elves, orgers aaannnnnnd  lllllllooots oof   thhe worlld oof wizadryy..
orget about it

beautilicious

Quote from: "elgaazus"
Quotei thot jk must've  gotten inspired by tolkien.

Preciouus you may be right about it buut thhhhere are oother books   thhat innsppirrrred Tolkiiiennn  too  the sallvatore collections  gave a  lot of innsight iinntoooo thhhe fictiiioooonall unnder woooorlllld oof thhhhe elves, orgers aaannnnnnd  lllllllooots oof   thhe worlld oof wizadryy..
hey precious know wat, i read somewhere that JK actually admitted dat she was inspired by tolkien's work.. but all dsame, she'z gud 2!
jus 1 advice 4 ya precious, wen u r ready to read lotr, DONT  buy the 3-in-1 because u will never finish it!!!!!!! (experience)

precious

Thanks Beaut, but I think I might be ready. I just sit at home all day glued to the computer.A little bit of reading will do me good.Besides,I 've realised books are much more enjoyable than the films made from them.
Oooohhh! I am going to get some headyaches from all that readin' :D

gogannaka

Quote from: "precious"Thanks Beaut, but I think I might be ready. I just sit at home all day glued to the computer.A little bit of reading will do me good.Besides,I 've realised books are much more enjoyable than the films made from them.
Better wear your readin glasses
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Fateez

Quote from: "beautilicious"hey hav u guyz heard? jk has revealed d name of 2 chapters in the hbp
here they r:
chp.6: Draco's Detour.
chp.2: spinners end.
chp.14: felix felicis

draco's detour..... maybe draco goes 2 visit his dad in azkaban
spinner's end...it is rumored it is a place..a rail road i think...maybe harry was practicing apparating illegally and he ended there...a place very close to azkaban...maybe!
felix felicis....maybe itz a spell... i so cant wait 4 d buk!

Dis girl u dey try oh! anyways u don finish exams dats why.

Dracos Detour:~ Yeah cud possibly be Azkaban , or maybe he too went beyond da veil just like Sirius {which we wudn't mind, wud we?}

Spinner's end:~ Maybe Spinner is an unknown Death Eater dat wud be killed. Probably da new Defence Against The Dark arts teacher.

Felix Felicis:~ Maybe it's an animal.  u know how in every book she introduces new animals.
Book 1:~ Fluffy and trolls
Book 2:~ Basilisk, Aragog, house elves
book 3:~ Hippogriffs
book 4:~ Merpeople
book 5:~ Thestrals

so maybe in book 6 it'll be sthn like dat in da form of a cat or if it's a spell it'll turn u into a cat or sthn....who knows?
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Fateez

Quote from: "beautilicious"guyz know wat? actually i think lord of d ringz is a beta story... in somewayz. i prefer harry potter books.... i still havent finished readin my lotr book. n i started two years ago. i read 1 page a day and there r thousands of pages.. lol... but i've read hp n d philosophers stone like 15 timez... n d rest too. i dunno how come i cant finish readin lotr.
wen it comes to d movies anyway, i think lotr is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beta dan harry potter. i dont do nthn these dayz dan jus watch lotr. hp movies are sumwat disappointin if u ask me. soo different from d buks which on d other hand is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than lotr.. but maybe itz coz b4 i read d nxt page, i've 4gotten d last or i couldnt undrstand  word and am tired of lookin in my dictionary... lol...
n in somewayz i like comparin d two:
dumbledore....gandalf
dobby..... chukwuyenye (gollum... he jus luks lyk chukwuyenye to me)
aragog..... shelob
n i dunno y somehow sirius seemz lyk aragorn to me
n den there's d whompin willow n d willow (itz not in d movie but in d book, its a tree which almost killed frodo n sam n d rest afta dey left d shire)
uh... dunno...they have so much in common so i'd say i lyk hp AND lotr equally.
fateez dear wat d'ya thnk?

hehehehe... everytime i pick up da LOTR book 2 read sumtin comes up.  

i'd rather read the book but it's like anytime i pick it it up, there's either

skool work 2 be done, or I sleep off, or I get a new Danielle Steel book

dat i haven't read, or my favorite TV show is on...bla bla.... Da last time i

decided to read a LOTR book my friend came and took it. It's been 6

months now and i havent even bothered to ask her. Bottom line is i am

totally clueless about the story {though i listen to pple talk abt it all da

time, and i once saw a Gollum action figure dat scared my bones 1} since

then i just lost interest.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Fateez

Quote from: "precious"Thanks Beaut, but I think I might be ready. I just sit at home all day glued to the computer.A little bit of reading will do me good.Besides,I 've realised books are much more enjoyable than the films made from them.

That is so true, have u ever tried watching a Danielle Steel movie?

it's either too exaggerated or too under rated or too Sad. It's better to

imagine it all from da books.

Anonymous

fateez...i neva knew u read danielle steel's books.. she's amazing ...i'm toying wid d idea of buying her novels soonest,i read irresistible forces & i must say d book is off d hook..so now tell me som of her gr8 books 2 notch.

dan kauye

Quote from: "Anonymous"fateez...i neva knew u read danielle steel's books.. she's amazing ...i'm toying wid d idea of buying her novels soonest,i read irresistible forces & i must say d book is off d hook..so now tell me som of her gr8 books 2 notch.

me up there,4got 2 come in thru d door
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

precious

As usual Kauyus.I 've told u before that the door hasnt swung hit u yet.Or is it that you jump in thru the window and always manage to escape?
I have read a few of Daniele Steel's books.I cant remember how many but they always made me want to cry.I'm not or wasnt the teary eyed girl but then i read this one that made me cry wee wee wee like a baby.That was it!How come wata za ta zauna ta tsara  karya kiri kiri, na sa kudi na saya kuma na zauna nayi ta shara kuka?Never read her again.
I'd rather stick to my Robert Ludlum,James Patterson,John grisham etc.Da ina karanta Tom clancy but it turned out i had to keep going back because characters din sunyi yawa and i kept forgetting the names.
Kai ina ta surutu ashe thread din ba na novels bane, na harry porter ne ko.I was almost tempted to go into more books .Well anyway ko ba kome dai ni ma na sa ku kunyi karatu mai dan yawa,don ma ban iya typing ba :D