News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Goodluck Jonathan Is Now The "President" Of Nigeria

Started by Muhsin, February 09, 2010, 04:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gogannaka

Muhsin, I am not contradicting myself.
I have said it before,this is a grand plan by the master planner, Obasanjo himself,with the co-operation of Goodluck.
The BBC never said Yar'adua has been declared winner,they only said he is leading in counts just like yadda ake a kowanne election.
The BBC is too much to do that.
Malaysia ne ko indonesia sun taba yin shugaba makaho kuma a wheel chair.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

bakangizo

BKGZ, how do you think me and you and Muhsin (the typical northerner) could have stopped yar'adua become president?

We can't. But he can. He should have.

Ni i have no doubt that Yar'adua won the elections.

That, my friend, is the most absurd statement I have ever seen from you in this forum ;D

QuoteNi i have no doubt that Yar'adua won the elections. At least dai idan kirga votes za'a yi

And that's the trouble. Because VOTES WERE NEVER COUNTED!!!. And since they were not counted, how did you come to the conclusion that Yaradua won? Ko kana da inside information ne daga Maurice Iwuru-wuru?
Yallabai, in kirgen votes za'a, ba inda PDP zata kai labari. I told of the time when Maurice Iwuru-wuru was announcing the "results" of the fraud. When he mention the votes scored by the parties in Yobe State, our friend who was a returning officer in Yobe called someone in surprise. He stated that at the material time when the scores were being announced in Abuja, they have not even finished tallying the results of the various local govts in the state!

QuoteIBB was out of the country for 3 months when he had a major surgery.

Shagari was once out of the country for 3 months also.

So what? Dama ance in kana shuigaban kasa kada ka sake kayi rashin lafiya ne? The issue is either being perpetually sick, or having a particular sickness that regularly hinders the smooth running of the office.

QuoteIt is Obasanjo's plan exactly

Sai kuma ka kara "with the active (or passive) connivance of Yaradua". Gaskiya kenan ko anki ko anso.

Muhsin

Quote from: gogannaka on February 18, 2010, 06:21:13 PM
Muhsin, I am not contradicting myself.
I have said it before,this is a grand plan by the master planner, Obasanjo himself,with the co-operation of Goodluck.

You too figured that out? But why don't you think our elite, whom can do something on the matter, could not have done so? If they did why didn't they do anything? Simple because many of them are hypocrites; and self-centred.

The BBC never said Yar'adua has been declared winner,they only said he is leading in counts just like yadda ake a kowanne election.
The BBC is too much to do that.

Haba GGNK, I heard it during 2:45-3:15 program. I can vividly remember I was at my friend's shop at Mandawari junction.

QuoteMalaysia ne ko indonesia sun taba yin shugaba makaho kuma a wheel chair.

GGNK and his incongruities.  :D

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Muhsin,there are too many elites.
Those that support yar'adua and those that clearly don't.
FYI,the elites cannot do much. The winner takes victory kawai,elite or not.

Here is a bit of history of how Umaru became president,from Nasir El-rufa'i.

As soon as 'the Third Term Agenda' collapsed in the Nigerian Senate, Obasanjo concluded that unless he found a way to acquire and sustain the loyalty of Nigeria's powerful (and mostly corrupt) State Governors on the one hand, as well as his team of technocratic reformers on the other, his succession will be out of his hands. He took two steps – first he asked me and four other Abuja-based senior Federal and party officials to come up with a succession strategy. This kept the reformers which I was a key member engaged and loyal to him. He then announced that he expected to be succeeded by one of the State Governors and encouraged virtually all the PDP Governors to join the race to be President. These two moves ensured that his estranged Vice President Atiku Abubakar and other aspirants like General Ibrahim Babangida had few governors available to recruit to their camp.

We held several meetings and wrote most of the Succession Strategy Paper with the help of Tanimu Yakubu – now Yar'Adua's Chief Economic Adviser who wrote the first draft in London in June 2006. We submitted the Strategy Paper and the budget of about N7 billion (US $56 million then) to President Obasanjo in August 2006. The paper is attached to this essay as Annex I. President Obasanjo thanked us and promptly filed it away and never adopted any of our recommendations. By then, virtually every PDP State Governor in Nigeria had declared the aspiration to be next president – except Umaru Yar'Adua! Obasanjo continued to be cagey, encouraging every one above the age of 30 to run for the exalted office.

Umaru Yar'Adua was finally invited by President Obasanjo to join the race through Governor Ayo Fayose initially, and this was actualized sometime in November 2006. According to then Governor Yar'Adua, when he visited me – the President sent Governor James Ibori of Delta State to see him in Katsina and invite him to pick the Presidential Nomination Form of the PDP. Umaru flew to Abuja in a private jet arranged by Obasanjo and Ibori the following day. By the time he got to Abuja, Ibori had already paid the N5 million (US $40,000) application fee and collected the form in Umaru's name. He added that they met with Obasanjo and agreed that he should bid for the highest office with Obasanjo's full support.

Ga kuma abun da elites din suka rinka gani:

Umaru Yar'Adua's anointment by President was a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it almost ensured that he will be PDP's candidate in April 2007 Presidential Elections, but throws up questions about Obasanjo's motives and Yar'Adua's suitability for the highest office in Africa's largest nation. Because Yar'Adua's medical history is fairly well-known, many Northern power brokers concluded that Yar'Adua's selection by Obasanjo had some ulterior motives.

This concern came to the fore when Yar'Adua had to be flown to Germany for medical attention because of "a bad flu; arising from exhaustion" just before the primaries in December 2006. This is to happen again in March 2007, just weeks to the Elections. The failure of both Obasanjo and Yar'Adua to offer full disclosure about Umaru's health has led to all kinds of conspiracy theories that continue to haunt the Yar'Adua presidency till today.

Muhsin

Quote from: gogannaka on February 20, 2010, 11:23:19 PM
Muhsin,there are too many elites.
Those that support yar'adua and those that clearly don't.
FYI,the elites cannot do much. The winner takes victory kawai,elite or not.

Here is a bit of history of how Umaru became president,from Nasir El-rufa'i.

As soon as 'the Third Term Agenda' collapsed in the Nigerian Senate, Obasanjo concluded that unless he found a way to acquire and sustain the loyalty of Nigeria's powerful (and mostly corrupt) State Governors on the one hand, as well as his team of technocratic reformers on the other, his succession will be out of his hands. He took two steps – first he asked me and four other Abuja-based senior Federal and party officials to come up with a succession strategy. This kept the reformers which I was a key member engaged and loyal to him. He then announced that he expected to be succeeded by one of the State Governors and encouraged virtually all the PDP Governors to join the race to be President. These two moves ensured that his estranged Vice President Atiku Abubakar and other aspirants like General Ibrahim Babangida had few governors available to recruit to their camp.

We held several meetings and wrote most of the Succession Strategy Paper with the help of Tanimu Yakubu – now Yar'Adua's Chief Economic Adviser who wrote the first draft in London in June 2006. We submitted the Strategy Paper and the budget of about N7 billion (US $56 million then) to President Obasanjo in August 2006. The paper is attached to this essay as Annex I. President Obasanjo thanked us and promptly filed it away and never adopted any of our recommendations. By then, virtually every PDP State Governor in Nigeria had declared the aspiration to be next president – except Umaru Yar'Adua! Obasanjo continued to be cagey, encouraging every one above the age of 30 to run for the exalted office.

Umaru Yar'Adua was finally invited by President Obasanjo to join the race through Governor Ayo Fayose initially, and this was actualized sometime in November 2006. According to then Governor Yar'Adua, when he visited me – the President sent Governor James Ibori of Delta State to see him in Katsina and invite him to pick the Presidential Nomination Form of the PDP. Umaru flew to Abuja in a private jet arranged by Obasanjo and Ibori the following day. By the time he got to Abuja, Ibori had already paid the N5 million (US $40,000) application fee and collected the form in Umaru's name. He added that they met with Obasanjo and agreed that he should bid for the highest office with Obasanjo's full support.

This is just a story by the exasperated El-Rufa'i to parade his "contribution" and to some extent his self-importance to the world in becoming 'Yar Adua the President of Nigeria. It secondly tells us how uninterested the president was and how OBJ deceitfully wooed him and installed him as president. . .and now we are seeing what he (OBJ) had in mind.

QuoteGa kuma abun da elites din suka rinka gani:

Umaru Yar'Adua's anointment by President was a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it almost ensured that he will be PDP's candidate in April 2007 Presidential Elections, but throws up questions about Obasanjo's motives and Yar'Adua's suitability for the highest office in Africa's largest nation. Because Yar'Adua's medical history is fairly well-known, many Northern power brokers concluded that Yar'Adua's selection by Obasanjo had some ulterior motives.

This concern came to the fore when Yar'Adua had to be flown to Germany for medical attention because of "a bad flu; arising from exhaustion" just before the primaries in December 2006. This is to happen again in March 2007, just weeks to the Elections. The failure of both Obasanjo and Yar'Adua to offer full disclosure about Umaru's health has led to all kinds of conspiracy theories that continue to haunt the Yar'Adua presidency till today.

To kaji fa don Allah? Amma what did they do to avert that? Doesn't that clearly mark them as real hypocrites? Forgive my language, fellows. The thing is somewhat unbearable, wallahi.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Quote from: Muhsin on February 23, 2010, 12:33:02 PM
To kaji fa don Allah? Amma what did they do to avert that? Doesn't that clearly mark them as real hypocrites? Forgive my language, fellows. The thing is somewhat unbearable, wallahi.

If i may ask,who are the power brokers in the north?

Muhsin

Quote from: gogannaka on February 23, 2010, 04:25:57 PM
If i may ask,who are the power brokers in the north?

I quite don't know from where to take on this question. But can you specify: power brokers' meaning, names or what, are you asking? Either way, meaning is known to you; names are as well know to you; then I can't understand it.

Any way I wait for your input.

gogannaka

Interesting news, from 'The Nation Newspapers' 28-02-10.

British Prime Minister Gordon Brown has written Acting President Goodluck Jonathan, setting agenda for him.

He would like Jonathan to pay attention to electoral reform, peace in Niger Delta, the anti-corruption battle and the fight against global terrorism.

In a February 26 letter obtained yesterday in Abuja, Brown said he is looking forward to a meeting soon with the Acting President.

The letter reads: "I am writing to congratulate you on taking up your new role as Acting President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

"As you know we firmly believe that principles of abiding by the constitution, together with democratic values, non-violence and the rule of law are fundamental to resolving political and constitutional issues. I commend the efforts made by the Executive Council of the Federation, the National Assembly and the Executive to promote a peaceful and democratic solution to the recent uncertainty.

"The UK has long been a committed friend and partner of Nigeria and have continued to give strong and constructive support during the recent difficult weeks. I welcome the commitments you made in your address to the nation and would strongly support you on the need for electoral reform and democratisation, tackling corruption and bringing peace and stability to the Nigeria Delta.

"We face joint challengers internationally, including in the fight against global terrorism. We remain committed to help you tackle poverty and make real progress towards the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). I hope we can work together on these and other issues.

"I also look forward to working with you closely on the UN Security Council. We hope that you will be able to support strong UN action in response to Iran's failure to address international concerns over its nuclear programme and its breach of five United Nations Security Council Resolutions (UNSCRs).

"We remain committed to help you tackle poverty and make real progress towards the MDGs, in particular I hope we can work together to support the 1-Goal campaign and education for all in advancement of the South African World Cup this year. I hope we can work together on these and other issues.

"We extend wishes for President Yar'Adua's recovery and I look forward to meeting you in the not too distant future."

bakangizo

gogannaka

Ba wanda ya gan shi har yau.

Tun da ka ga turawan nan sai support suke bama Jonathan to da walakin goro a miya.

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
Shugaban Kasa ya dawo kuma yana samun lafiya kwarai da gaske Insha Allah (SWT) kwananan mai-wuri-zai-zo-mai-tabarma-ya-nade. komai
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

Muhsin

Akunyili: Yar'adua's aides must clarify his condition

The powerful aides around President Umaru Yar'adua should be honest about his state of health if he remains unable to address government after his return from a Saudi hospital, Information Minister Dora Akunyili said yesterday.

"It is in the best interest of the country ... if our president comes out to address us if he is in a position to do so," Akunyili told Reuters news agency.

"But if he is not in a position to do so, people around our president should be honest enough to come out and tell us the true situation of his health," she said in an interview.

Earlier yesterday, some Nigerian newspapers quoted Akunyili as saying that a cabal around Yar'adua was dishing out orders in the name of the president.

"The cabal (around Yar'adua) wants to continue with their usual statement of 'the President said and you must comply'," she was quoted as saying.

"They want to continue dishing out instructions even when the president did not say so ... They sneaked him into this country in the night ... I think it's something that is unnecessary and uncalled for," she said.

Akunyili is the first minister to openly criticise the handling of Yar'adua's absence, raising the prospect of divisions within the cabinet.

Jonathan assumed executive powers on February 9, ending months of state paralysis.

Akunyili said she would continue to take instructions from Jonathan and would take orders from Yar'adua again only once he had recovered and returned to work, not from his aides.

Asked if she would resign, she said: "If anybody comes up tomorrow to explain to me why it is necessary for me to resign so as to help stabilise the polity, I will not waste one minute."

Daily Trust

gogannaka

Dora kenan.

I think she is doing more harm to the image of the country than good.
Everybody knows what is happening,all she is doing is giving it a government stamp.

Dan-Borno

this is the transparency we need GGNK, being a minister
doesn't make you a blind follower, you are also a stake
holder as far as the country is concern.  i saw her interview
this evening on AIT and she is firm.

if really goodluck is the Ag. President, then let these aides
be summoned to explain how and on whose orders was the
yar'adua brought back from saudi - someone is doing harm
to my country gaskiya.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

IBB

IHS