News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

WHAT A DREAM? LET IT OUT

Started by Tukurtukur, December 02, 2003, 11:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan kauye

Quote from: "*~MuDaCriS~*"Yeah u have some kind of points there but dreams not only exposes all corners of realities u know, it puzzles ur mind and ur thoughts towards an event which u propbably would not be able to decipher. Its a mysterious thing!

Like I stated earlier,it's my opinion.Dreams are read in different contexts by diffrent people being that we percieve the world differently,and that we see things from different angles.While I see dreams about current happenstances as a kind of extention to my reality,you,perhaps might see thesame dream as a prelude to something which's in the future. Shi yasa aka ce tsafi gaskiyar mai shi.We don't need to comform to each other's notion.
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

HUSNAA

There are religious views on dreams and there are secular views on dreams.
From a religious point of view, dreams that expose a certain reality that will occur in a nearby or distant future are akin to prophesies. According to some muallims, pious people are the ones that are mostly privy to these sort of dreams. Also they have dreams almost every night, whereas the rest of the populace - that is us - have a lot of dreamless nights which while not a bad thing, is an indicator of our spiritual states of mind. The dreams in themselves do not have to depict a literal reality. They could be allegorical in nature.

We are also told that bad dreams are the products of shaytans, or genies. This I believe is true. But sometimes, dreams instituted by genies are like waking dreams. They occur between the verge of one's waking moments and one's falling into deep sleep, so that they disturb one no end, (U cant have a peaceful night). This is brought about by the physical presence of the genies themselves even though they are invisible to the naked eye and silent to the ear. But the moment one closes one's eye and begins to drift off into semi consciousness, one sees them (the genies in human form) in full force.
There is the secular view of dreams... an extention of reality. That is the subconsciousness takes over at night and depicts what's hidden beneath the surface of the mind during the waking hours. That also is factual, since many of us have had dreams like that. I certainly have. But I have also had strange dreams which had nothing to do with what I was thinking or not thinking about during the course of the day.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

bakangizo

Sometimes an event would occur and I would feel as if I've either dreamt about it before hand, or something like it has happened before . :?  Then I read a book by T. Lopsang Rampa, and he was trying to explain such phenomena by saying something about the metaphoric/spiritual self leaving the physical self/body to roam the night. :roll:  I don't know. Sounds spooky to me.

HUSNAA

I read the autobiography of Lobsang Rampa when I was in my teens. It was called the 'third eye'. He is or was (dont know if he is still alive) a Tibetan buddhist monk. When he reached a particular status in monastic hierarchy or spiritual hierarchy, some thing like an operation was done on his forehead which enabled him to be able to see the aura of human beings.  Something like the mood swings of individual. Its like when u have a  thermal infra red  sensor that can detect the body's heat gradients, that translate into the sort of emotions that are inherent in the person at that particular time.
I think it is possible to do that even if u are not a buddhist monk, but it requires some sort of metaphysical awareness of self or some such thing. I think in the book he talked about the ability to transcend out of the body which is possible when ppl meditate with a kind of total concentration where u feel or let energy drain out of yr body totally. I have forgotten it. It was quite a long time ago that I read the book. I was twelve or thirteen or fourteen. So much of that part went over my head, though I enjoyed the book very much. I never read another Lobsang Rampa book again because they were all philosophical and I only read the first book because it read like a story book and I was out to be entertained by reading about a different culture. What followed about the metaphysics etc was just a bonus.
Quote from: "BKG"Sometimes an event would occur and I would feel as if I've either dreamt about it before hand, or something like it has happened before.

That's deja vu for u BKG!!

Quote from: "BKG"Then I read a book by T. Lopsang Rampa, and he was trying to explain such phenomena by saying something about the metaphoric/spiritual self leaving the physical self/body to roam the night.  I don't know. Sounds spooky to me.
That is absolutely true. That is why sleep in islam is a little death, and that is why in the Quran sleep is used as an example that ressurection will certainly occur ( I think it is the Qur'an not a hadeeth). When we sleep, the Ruh or soul departs from the body and roams about (Allah only Knows where). If we are destined to wake up the next day, the soul comes back to the body and we wake up. If we are destined to die in our sleep, the soul doesnt return. In other words, sleep is a mini death, from which we wake (ressurect) every morning.
Maybe the soul roams the universe? or maybe it roams the spirit world and meets up with all those impossible situations that we find so frightening or amazing or wonderful????

*~MuDa~*

...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

Quote from: "*~MuDaCriS~*"Once again Husnaa, What art Ye?  :D
Lol a human soul like thee, good sir.

*~MuDa~*

You seem to know everything, from politics to religion, entertainment to jokes, cooking to technology, and now astronomy to defination of dreams. Damn, i admire your knowledge, and its good that u dont show off. My props.
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

Fateez

Quote from: *~MuDaCriS~* on December 23, 2006, 03:59:28 PM
You seem to know everything, from politics to religion, entertainment to jokes, cooking to technology, and now astronomy to defination of dreams. Damn, i admire your knowledge, and its good that u dont show off. My props.

That is so true Muda.

I wont mind going back to secondary school

just for a week to be ur student Husnaa.

:) ;D :) ;D :) ;D

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

alkanawi

Fateez
do you have to put us through that torture just to read your post(black ink on dark purple background)?After all the Garri we soaked in school,the eyes are no more what they used to be.

"corgito ergo sum"

HUSNAA

Quote from: Fateez on January 12, 2007, 01:04:08 PM
That is so true Muda.

I wont mind going back to secondary school

just for a week to be ur student Husnaa.

:) ;D :) ;D :) ;D

Tank u Tank u Tank u Fateez for that vote of confidence. I wouldnt mind going back to secondary sch for a week to be yr teacher either!!! ;D ;D ;D

Dan-Borno

A gaskiya, Husna, i dont mind raising my hands up for you, kudos, a gaisheki you have spoken well.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Dave_McEwan_Hill

maigemu

HUSNAA

Dave_McEwan_Hill

And Latin scholar also? Nemo me impune lacessit.
maigemu

HUSNAA

Quote from: Dave_McEwan_Hill on January 17, 2007, 11:50:32 PM
And Latin scholar also? Nemo me impune lacessit.

Lol. I am no Latin scholar :D. I am just misquoting Shakespeare as u can see..nothing to it there.
So what does 'Nemo me impune lacessit' mean?