News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Who said Obasanjo is not stupid???

Started by alhaji_aminu, April 01, 2005, 05:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alhaji_aminu

Assalamu Alaikum.

For those leaving in Nigeria, these are very interesting times. In less than 3 months, some very highly placed personalities were 'indicted' for committing fraud and engaging in acts of corruption. Many see this as a triumph for Obasanjo's much touted anti-corruption stance.

We, the democrats and pro Buhari patriots, cannot publically congratulate OBJ because, (1) his election is still being contested; (2) his efforts have not gotten a single corrupt official jailed; (3) transparency international has ranked NIgeria the third most corrupt nation on the planet; ( Note: most of the corruption is at the presidency); and (4) the credit goes to EFCC.

And now the shocker. We are learning today that the 'honorable' minister of housing was censured by the imperial president, in a memo, for what the president called, the surreptitious allocation of govenment assets offered for sale.  'Surreptitiously' and 'PR money' money are  euphemisms used by men in power to defraud Nigeria. What Obasanjo should have told NIgerians is that, his choosen minister favored people serving in his government, hell even his wife's family, in this mad rush towardselling government 'un productive' ventures. This, in my view, warrants the immediate dismissal of the minister for violating the constitution.

see: http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article01

It was also reported in the Daily Independent of last week that the president's son Gbenga, was queried by American officials because of the large sums found in his account (22 million dollars). The DI continues saying that Gbenga played a part in the selling/privatising DSC Aladja, Ajaokuta steel and the Iron Ore facility in Itakpe.

I am so depressed by OBJ and his supporters for their blantant hypocracy in fighting corruption.  Instead of dealing with every and all allegation with the swiftness, harshness and decisiviness it deserves, the OBJ crowd wants us to believe that mere warning or revocation or admonishion is enough. Remember, OBJ admonished Ngige/Uba to come clean and resolve the differences. He revoked this land allocated by Mrs Osomo corruptly.

When one does a little snooping around to learn that the Ubas, the Obaseki's and the Ogbumodia's of this world are related to Obasanjo's wife and 2 of the three families were 'indicted' for corruption in one form or the other, one wonders the credibility of OBJ corruption shenenigans.

I dont know what to say other than Allah ya isa wannan yaudarar da wannan shugaban yake mana............

peace!

alhaji_aminu

Case closed!

Obasanjo has since fired Osomo, as I said should happen.
That, however, is not enough.
In last week's edition of the Weekly trust, we read that Femi 'i'll-kill-obj's-detractors' Fani-Kayode confirmed to suffering NIgerians that  he sought and received N 15 million from the Nigerian Maritime Authority so as tomeet with local opinion leaders, traditional rulers, government officials, local media agencies and local politicians [from all parties] in order to let them know precisely what Mr. President has managed to achieve in the last one year in office and to showcase and communicate to them the efforts that have been made within your and other ministries.
Since when did the NMA become a propaganda mouthpiece of OBJ?
Isn't this worse than what Osomo did?

For those that turned down BUhari in April 2001, this is your fault.

Allah help us all

Hafsy_Lady

Quote from: "myadudu"
For those that turned down BUhari in April 2001, this is your fault.
So the blameworthiness is on us? :lol:  Allah sarki mu.

Tsaya malam myadudu, what makes you think Buharin shi kanshi would be perfect? Kaima kasan da wuya. I know he will try his best. Amman kasan tsiyan mutanen mu. Yanzu if he is appointed, give our people 8 months shima za'a fara mishi kazaf da munanan shaidu. Besides there is no such things as perfect. I have never seen or heard about any political leader that has been recognised as flawless. All humans are definately not perfect talkless of one human who is leading billions. In politics I always say that critism against leaders will never end! If everything is going on smooothly with the control of a leader, one silly hitch he makes will wipe out all his good deeds. My problem with my people is ONE WRONG A PERSON MAKES AFFECT HIS THOUSAND RIGTHS. Perhaps OBJ has far too plenty wrongs and more  dirty deeds done but why do we have to raise our crucifixes to him alone, afa tuna he has his descending hierachy, he has his spider diagram of other alocated members representing Nigeria suma ku dinga hadawa da su wajen wahalar da Nigeria take sha. Typical example look at our crime stopper Tafa Balogun, instead of apprehending and prohibiting crime shine ma criminal din! So make wuna allow OBJ to breath smo air from his villa balcony. More reasons not to bother yourself there is nothing like the best President, Prime Minister, Minister or Governor in this world of ours, not in Africa nor Europe neither Asia and when you know a vote can equally outweigh another vote! Why worry when all we need is for the time to come ? The way people carry on about OBJ this, OBJ that (in this forum particularly we have over 50 threads dedicated to him alone, increasing his fame and upholding his name every blessed day! When you are suppose to be making plans for another upcoming leader to make Nigeria better and how we can contribute, we are busy drooling over that THING! Well not to worry the ballot box will soon make good history.

I have already concluded who I want on that chair! :roll:
What you see is what you get[/b]

Hafsy_Lady

Quote from: "myadudu"Assalamu Alaikum.
For those leaving in Nigeria, these are very interesting times. In less than 3 months, some very highly placed personalities were 'indicted' for committing fraud and engaging in acts of corruption.

A'a kana tsoron fadin sunansa ne? Put the name jo, ai idan basuyi ba baza ace sunyiba. Plus you should be very well accomodated with the term 'freedom of speech' :P  Ko kana tsoron kiri-kiri ne?
What you see is what you get[/b]

alhaji_aminu

salam
na yarda i should have said the names of the people accused of crruption. amma inajin fada in that way ya danfi 'justice' so to say.
game da Buhari, ai ance juma'ar da ke kyau daga laraba ake ganeta. buhari was entrusted with leadership fo this country and nigerians saw what he is capable of. Banajin akwai wandan zai iya accusing dinsa da cin kudin mutane.
Also, the PTF he ran was perhaps the best government effort towards improving the lives of ordinary people since 1985. I was recently reminded that since 1973, when FGC kano, my alma mata, was built, it has never been renovated prior to PTF's interventionin 1999. I also know that it is to PTF's credit that the kano-kazaure-daura, kano-ningi-bauchi and kano-dayi-funtua roads are one of the best in the nation.
I think Buhari is tried and tested. He has not been found wanting. InshaAllah he mandate will be reclaimed.

As for the freedom of speech, ni dai tsoro nakeji. ba da dadewa ba yan SSS suka kama Engr Buba Galadima for saying abubuwanda kowa yasani.

To Allah fisshemu alherinsa....... amin

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
OBJ is the worst thing that have ever happened to Nija. He is VERY CORRUPT. I can see that Gbenga OBJ will be wost than any SON of 'Oga' we have ever had.

I leanrt the Guy bought most part of Gwarinpa Estate, His Mum owns Oando.....

There are vacant rooms for all of them in Gashua......
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

_Waziri_

Tahiyyatiy Al-Islam,

Aminuddeen, EMTL, I tend to disagree with you a little over this but subscribe to what Hafsat(Iyayen tonon fada, my joke mate) would say in the quote below. If you ever read the book, NOT MY WILL by OBJ you would see how he criticised Awolowo on those things he is exactly doing now. Worst still is the fact that all IBB economic reform programme which he criticised are exactly what he is implementing now. This really makes me think hard. Is it the leaders that are really Nigeria's problem or something else? Is it the Nigerian situation that compels them to behave the way they do or what?
Can people like Buhari be able to rise above Nigerian situation and remain good and principled amidst myriad of oppositions especially when we remember that he too was seen as the worst that ever happened to Nigeria when he was ruling. One minister from his cabinet told me personally in a course of conversation that at a point they were even  confused as to whether they were right or wrong going by the density of the critism they were getting from the Nigerian public as well as internatinal community.

Sincerely speaking, I don't think the situation has changed since. If Buhari were to come back he will definately mean hell to all just like OBJ. The problem of Nigeria is not with its leaders ----which are surely those parents of ours that we think are "infallible"---
but the country which is built on fake emotions, it is incapable of making anybody to feel ready to die for it. Its a pity.

Quote from: "Hafsy_Lady"

Tsaya malam myadudu, what makes you think Buharin shi kanshi would be perfect? Kaima kasan da wuya. I know he will try his best. Amman kasan tsiyan mutanen mu. Yanzu if he is appointed, give our people 8 months shima za'a fara mishi kazaf da munanan shaidu. Besides there is no such things as perfect. I have never seen or heard about any political leader that has been recognised as flawless. All humans are definately not perfect talkless of one human who is leading billions. In politics I always say that critism against leaders will never end! If everything is going on smooothly with the control of a leader, one silly hitch he makes will wipe out all his good deeds. My problem with my people is ONE WRONG A PERSON MAKES AFFECT HIS THOUSAND RIGTHS. Perhaps OBJ has far too plenty wrongs and more  dirty deeds done but why do we have to raise our crucifixes to him alone, afa tuna he has his descending hierachy, he has his spider diagram of other alocated members representing Nigeria suma ku dinga hadawa da su wajen wahalar da Nigeria take sha. Typical example look at our crime stopper Tafa Balogun, instead of apprehending and prohibiting crime shine ma criminal din! So make wuna allow OBJ to breath smo air from his villa balcony. More reasons not to bother yourself there is nothing like the best President, Prime Minister, Minister or Governor in this world of ours, not in Africa nor Europe neither Asia and when you know a vote can equally outweigh another vote! Why worry when all we need is for the time to come ?[/color]

alhaji_aminu

salam
my brother Waziri don Allah ka dan faddakar danimana. Wai shin annabi Muhammadu SAW, was he Aminuddeen or Aminullahi. Some call me both so I am still kinda lost as to which one is the prophet's sobriquet?

Now, that is that and back to business.

To clear matters for you, Nigeria's problems are leadership problems. No doubt about it. If as Obasanjo is starting to show, a leader is strong and has the will to follow through with the very articulate government policies on education, corruption and accountability, then many of our problems will be solved. Imagine what has happened in the few weeks that this corruption thing is being worked on.

About 10 'heavy weights' have been indicted and arraigned in court. It takes leadership and courage to do so. Now, as to whether those arraigned will ultimately be found guilty, we can only speculate but the point is made that the C-in-C has ordered and the 'kapos' complied.

Buhari, as he is now, is much better than OBJ. Hell, I am diluting the man's ascetism by comparing him to OBJ. Your question asking whether 'mai gaskiya' can remain good and principled amidst myriad of oppositions should not even arise. If he had the audacity to jail very high officials ( Shagari inclusive), then I am sure he will give no qualms about jailing weaklings like Kwankwaso (accused of misappropriation), Osuji, Matazu and co.

I shall continue later...................

_Waziri_

Quote from: "myadudu"
my brother Waziri don Allah ka dan faddakar danimana. Wai shin annabi Muhammadu SAW, was he Aminuddeen or Aminullahi. Some call me both so I am still kinda lost as to which one is the prophet's sobriquet?

Actually, prophet of Islam was never reffered to as Aminullahi nor Aminuddeen. His nickname among his coountry men even before  he started receiving revelations was Muhammad Al-Amin. Al-Amin means: The Trustworthy. After revelation he earned the nick name, from God Himself, of Habibullahi meaning: The beloved of God.

Now it will be a very gross mistake to call anybody Aminullahi which means: The Trusted in the sight of God unless if God himself nicknamed that person same as is seen in why the prophet of Islam is called Habibullahi.

The other name Aminuddeen means: Trusted in the deen, religion of Islam. This is a nickname I normally ascribe to people for two reasons. One, because it is not in anyway appear too noble to remain a prerogative of Allah to call some selected servants of his. Two, because good names or nicknames are good wishes on the people to whom are ascribed to.

Though there is no concrete scientific methodology that constantly proved so, but our experiences daily feeds us with the reality that the substance in good names/nicknames always finds ample demostration in the character that answers the name/nickname. Evidence of this can be found on this forum.

Hafsat, means literally a baby lioness and you will agree with me that wild and often hydra-headed character of our dear hafsy hear smells that of a lioness :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

There is a member here also called FARIDA, aka, dymequeen. The name Farida means: The Distingushed, and you will agree with me that the lady proves in different ways that she really is a distinguished personality. My cousin with that name also never scored anything less than 80% on any exams she ever wrote. You can remember also the distiguished journalist with the NewsWeek Magazine, FARID Zakariya.

There is also a character again on this forum named Fatima which literally means: She who unveils, thus whenever she speaks you will find her maximally able to express herself with amazing clarity even if you find it difficult agreeing with her.

Aminuddeen the list is endless. I  call you Aminuddeen in the hope that you will live up to the name and remain or grow to become trusted in the religion of Islam, one who gives fair judgement on every issue raised.

I will also want you to re-look at issues in Nigerian leadership carefully and more deligently. OBJ's action on corrupt official  are not necessarily out of desire to be good but desire to meet with the requirement of political expediency. This is essential for survival in power game. If Buhari were there he too will act according to the demands of political expediencies. That was why you saw him moving around with people with soiled integrity like Okadigbo.

Well students of power have always said that success in leadership does not require good people alone but a happy confluence of good people and right circumstances. What I have always said is in Nigeria we have enough of this good people, the problem is the circumstaces, the operating environment, and its the reason why no leader ever recorded any progress.

Thank you once again.

alhaji_aminu

Salam
Yawwa mallam waziri yanzu kaga nakaru da ilimin ka. Allah shi saka alheri , amin. I must say, however, i know the meaning of the names you mentioned in your reply. You answered my question and more which is great.

As for the 'ladies' you mentioned, I can't say that I know them on a first name basis. But I will agree with you that they are 'fiery', articulate, wild and what you forgot to say, modest.

I would love to get your reply on my Buhari shout in the last post. I maintained that Buhari will remain prinicipled against what ever kind of curve ball this 'foolish', corrupt, and inept politicians throw at him. BUt the presence of the 'devil' incarnate, Babangida, and his crew is what is stopping our mai gaskiya from realising his ambition.

That this will happen one day, I do not discount. But when, that is the question. Let's hope it's sooner than when Obasanjo wrecks the nation beyond repair.

Peace!

_Waziri_

Quote from: "myadudu"Salam

I would love to get your reply on my Buhari shout in the last post. I maintained that Buhari will remain prinicipled against what ever kind of curve ball this 'foolish', corrupt, and inept politicians throw at him. BUt the presence of the 'devil' incarnate, Babangida, and his crew is what is stopping our mai gaskiya from realising his ambition.

Amin for Buhari to get power and remain there to do good works we want him to do he will always have to shed some of his principles. He has to negotiate with people like IBB as he sought to do earlier - and remember he will have to deliver when he promise any thing to them - he has to move around with people of soiled integrity like Chuba Okagdibo and many other things that at the end of the day may take away the catologue of principles he carries along.

DANHAUSA

haka mallamai kun fi sani dai,
 sai an jima
 dade ana yi sai gaskiya