News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Why countries treat us the way they do

Started by alkanawi, February 18, 2007, 04:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alkanawi

Sorcerer Arrested in Police Sting
Filed under: Creed and Contemporary Issues at 10:20 am (no comments)

MAKKAH, 16 February 2007 — In a unique sting operation involving police from both Makkah and Madinah, a Nigerian black magician was arrested here yesterday.

According to police, the sorcerer, thought to be one of the most dangerous in the Kingdom, claimed he could locate hidden treasures from the ground, provide unhappy people with happiness and increase sums of money through the mere touch of his hand.

Officers received reports that a Nigerian man called Sheikh Zubair was practicing black magic. Reports stated that the man was charging people SR10,000 for a single spell and that he would travel the Kingdom practicing his dark art.

Secret police were able to locate the man in Madinah and laid a shrewd plan to arrest him red-handed. An officer telephoned Sheikh Zubair pretending to want a quick way to become rich. "The officer told Sheikh Zubair that he had heard of his excellent magic powers and that he would pay him anything to use his magic for his personal benefit. He also told him to put a spell on his first wife because she objected to him taking a second wife," said a police source.

"Sheikh Zubair comforted the officer and told him he would do everything he wants him to do. The officer told Sheikh Zubair that he would even provide him with housing in Makkah if he chose to come," the police source added.

Subsequently, the magician said he would inform the officer of his date of arrival. Police officers did not call the man to avoid making him suspicious and after three days the sorcerer contacted the undercover policeman to say he was coming to Makkah.

Sheikh Zubair and his assistant met the undercover policeman just outside Makkah. The officer then took both men to a house where police were lying in wait. "He promised the officer that he would make his first wife go to his second wife and ask her hand in marriage. He even told him that he would help him find treasure worth half a million riyals hidden underneath his house. For the services he demanded SR10,000," said the police source.

Inside the house, the magician began taking out his equipment and papers with strange writing on them. "As soon as he began his spells, police moved in and arrested him," said the police source, adding that the two magicians did not even have valid residence permits.

Arab News spoke to Sheikh Zubair who admitted he was dabbling in magic. "I've earned a lot of money in Saudi Arabia. There are enough idiots here to trick and make money from," he said, adding that he has earned over SR400,000 from practicing black magic in the Kingdom.

www.salaf.com

If members could remember(i shud take up rapping 8)) kwanan baya akai ta kai ruwa rana wai Saudi govt is treating us awfully.While not trying to justify their alleged misdemeanours,this piece of sad news would help shed light on the reason they view us with disdain.It might be stereotyping but we gave them the grounds for it.
Whaddya'll say?
"corgito ergo sum"

lionger

Saudi Arabia is not alone in this. Crooked Nigerians have made themselves a nuisance in almost every nook and cranny of the globe with their 419 schemes. That's why we have such a bad rep in many Western countries especially. It's mainly our fault as a nation in my opinion. This culture of corruption needs to be destroyed.

gogannaka

Idan ana ta barawo ayi ta mabi sawu!
Those that fall into these unfortunate traps are also the greedy type.
How can someone tell you he can get you a treasure undreneath your house and you believe him?
They use psychology alot and jazz too.
I heard one story too( whether true or not)that such thing happened.Wai The man gathered some bank officials and told them he was goin to show them how Nigerians dupe the Saudi's.
He had his audience,then said they should bring a large sum of money in bags(ghana must go).They brought 2 bags and he took the bags,put them over his shoulder and told them 'here's how they do it',he recited one incantation and disappeared Puff  :o.
The mugu's kept waiting for him to return  >:(. that was how they waited o,till now.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Dan-Borno

Quote from: gogannaka on February 19, 2007, 09:17:57 PM
The mugu's kept waiting for him to return  >:(. that was how they waited o,till now.
;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D GGNK zaka kashe mutum da dariya wallahi!

However, this issues is very serious, except we do something about how we (Nigerians) behave outside otherwise our children will one day as us questions that we will not answer but bow our heads in shame.
That is why i strongly suggested that our Government should interfere in our religious activities. 

It is under the guise of  religion that all these atrocities were committed: I knew about 2 or 3 people who were suspected of having made millions of Naira in this type of business in Saudi Arabia, I think this topic should continue, the Sheiks, Malams and Alfas should contribute the way forward.

Wai ma me yake ajiye yan Naija ne a chan kasa mai tsarki bayan an yi Umra da Haji?
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak