News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Nigeria clashes kill over 50 in northeastern city

Started by bamalli, July 27, 2009, 08:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruti M. Kamau

Dave, I'm curious to know your sources for this opinion that all Nigerian Muslims want to force Shariah on all of Nigeria?

Baruti M. Kamau

Na gode abokina Husnaa for confirming my observations.  Sorry that Mallam Muhammad Yusuf had to be taken out in an unceremoniously way.  But leadership in Africa is hazardous.  Everyone who go that path must understand this and be prepared for that uninviting day!  If the situation in the Niger Delta continue to degrade, and more armed religious rebellion in the North emerge, then it will become a ripe situation for the military to step back into the driver's seat.

HUSNAA

Lol Baruti M Kamau, mutumin Niger ne kai hala? Abokin ka? I am a woman  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dave_McEwan_Hill

Baruti M. Kamau

You don't seem to have read my posts correctly.
I didn't at any point say that all Moslems want to enforce Sharia law on all of Nigeria.
I said that some Moslems want to enforce Sharia law on everybody and that this is impossible in any democratic state and it will lead to the break up of Nigeria.

Sharia law as a moral code for Moslems is a perfectly acceptable position to support. Enforcing Sharia law on people who are not Moslems is anti-democratic and wrong.
Nigeria's secular constitution is the only thing that will hold Nigeria together
maigemu

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on August 01, 2009, 01:09:52 PM
Lol Muhsin mu gudu ko mu tsaya? Kai ma dan Boko haram dinne? If so tell us what makes u guys tick.

Let me re-make it known: I'm boko halal! ;D
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Baruti M. Kamau

Gafara dai, my dear respected sister in Islam.  Husnaa, I never paid any attention to the name because we are on the Internet.  Most people on the net are never what they say they are.  I am a Black American Muslim, the avatar associated with my posts is my true photo.  I studied Islam in Kano, Nigeria at the Institute for Arabic and Islamic Studies an Institution of the Islamic Foundation back in 1991 when strong man Babangida was the administrator.

Baruti M. Kamau

Well Dave, Cameroon and Benin use to be apart of Nigeria.  Hence, Nigeria is alot smaller than what it use to be prior to Independence from the British.  Anyway, your postings too me suggest some kind of urgency as though Islam maybe the ultimate culprit in the possible balkanization of Nigeria.

Dave_McEwan_Hill

Not Islam but a lack of proper understanding
Intolerance is the problem

Would you find it acceptable if America forced everybody to be Christian?
maigemu

Baruti M. Kamau

Actually Dave, there is more religious intolerance and hatred in America than in Nigeria.  That's another discussion, I should introduce to one of my online forums at www.BmkDispatch.com.  Thanks for the idea Dave.

usman11

From TIMOTHY OLA, Maiduguri
Thursday, August 6, 2009

One of the victims of last week's attack by the Yusufiya sect in Borno State has given a shocking account of how the Islamic extremists killed three pastors who were captured along with other victims on the second day of the insurgence. The victim was among those held hostage in Yusuf's enclave.

Speaking exclusively to Daily Sun in Maiduguri , the eye witness who preferred anonymity disclosed that the three pastors were beheaded on the instruction of the sect leader, Mohammed Yusuf shortly after bringing them out of his inner chamber.

"The pastors alongside one Ibo man were asked to change their faith to Islam like they did to other people taken as hostages. I think there was an argument by one of the pastors which gave the others some level of confidence to also resist accepting Islam.

"The Yusufiya men who were armed on that Tuesday afternoon were not comfortable with the pastors and they took one of them to the sect leader in his inner chamber. They came out later to the courtyard within the compound and cut their heads one after the other and thereafter, shouted allah akbar in wild celebration accompanied with several gun shots," the eye witness disclosed.

He said the hostages numbering about 50 within the area of the execution of the pastors and another fair complexioned man which he could not identify, were gripped with fear as non could foretell the outcome of their stay at the enclave of the fundamentalists. He was however lucky to escape as he was freed in the night with others with a warning not to mix with kafrici (infidels). 

Corroborating the account of the killing, a Senior pastor with Good News Church, Wulari Maiduguri Rev. Baba Gata Ibrahim told Daily Sun in an interview that a pastor in his church, Pastor George Orjih was beheaded on the instruction of the Boko Haram leader because the clergy man refused to accept Islam.
"An eye witness who was also captured by the Islamic militants gave us details of how the pastor was killed. He told us they were persuading him to accept Islam and he said over his dead body. He was even said to have preached Christ to Mohammed Yusuf and that reportedly angered the sect leader who then as he ordered that the pastor and others be killed immediately," he disclosed.

The late Pastor George Orjih was said to have arrived Maiduguri last week from Jos where he was doing his Masters programme in Theology. Described as a fearless, hardworking, and intellectually sound, his care for the welfare and well being of his family allegedly contributed to his capture and eventual death.
"He was mindful of his family and their welfare. He was really out of the house but thought to go back again. That was how he was captured by the Boko Haram before he was killed. It was the very week, in fact the following day he returned from school where he was doing his Masters in Theology that he was arrested," the senior pastor added.

He urged the government to provide adequate security for Christian in the state.
Also delivering a sermon during the funeral rites for late Rev. Sabo Yakubu, slain COCIN Church pastor, the speaker, Rev Bulus Azi urged Christians to emulate the pastors who were killed because of their refusal to betray their faith. Quoting from the bible in Revelation 7: 9-15, the regional chairman of the church told Christians to prepare to die anytime as their calling demand. 
                                   - Daily Sun

Baruti M. Kamau

That is a disgusting account, Usman11, and poor example for Da'wah.  Allah (SWT) tells us in Suratul Baqarah that whether you warn them or do not warn them they will not believe.  So, I have personally concluded that force should not be employed as a means of persuading one to convert to Islam.  If they are interested, then great.  If they are not interested, then let them go their way!  And let Allah (SWT) be the judge.

HUSNAA

It is more likely to be false Baruti. Usman 11 likes posting inflammatory baseless information. It is quite likely that the whole report was written on a whim by the author with not a shred of evidence. I mean imagine beheading a pastor and NO ONE heard of it before the  Yusufiyya uprisings and there was NO National UPROAR whatsoever from the christian community. Believe me not only would the killing of one pastor make international headlines, it will escalate into bloodshed and mass murder on both sides - muslims and christians.  Tempers have flared and led to as much on a lot less provocation, so how much more would this generate?
Usman 11 has no credibility where Islam is concerned. He hates Islam with as much passion and  hatred as shown by the King pin Kufrs of the time of the Prophet SAW. So dont give much weight to that post please.

Baruti M. Kamau

Muhsin

Hmm. I wonder where they (Usman11 and co) got that article, for I realize it's being in circulation on all Nigerian discussion forums. And being posted by the same dudes like him.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

and there was no uprising and killings of northern muslims in the southern parts of nigeria ba. If the story were true that is one of the surest things that would have happened since its happened every time there is religious conflict between muslims and christians.
Its totally a false baseless story, probably put up by that newspaper/magazine the christian compass.