News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

As president Bush makes a u-turn

Started by Malon, September 24, 2003, 03:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malon

If there is one thing Americans can easily attribute to their president in the last 2 yrs or so, is arrogance. When the good old president Bush was about to unleash his selfish terror on Iraq, there was virtually no degrading adjective he didn't use to describe the UN. In his quest for war- as if that was the most important agenda his administration came to power with, he runs and never looks back.
Former South African president-Nelson Mandela, even portray Bush as a fool who does not know the consequences of the action he was about to unleash on Iraq. He simply turned deft ears as his clamour for war was more important than listening to the words of wisdom. My people have this saying that; 'what an elderly person sees while sitting, a small boy cannot see even while standing'. I guess Bush now knows better.
American soldiers have never felt so reluctant to fight any war like they felt now; this is because there was no reasonable motive for it in the first instance. We have seen on TV (CNN & BBCW) several times where US soldiers express their desire and willingness to go home, as they don't see the moral justification of their presence in Iraq- before and after the war.
Now the shame old president is lobbying the UN to come to his rescue and assist in the reconstruction of Iraq. He has quickly forgotten when he called the UN 'a toothless bulldog', now it is this same 'dog' he wants to use her toothless gum to pacify the Iraqis.
Since he was courageous to go to the war alone, I suppose he should be more than courageous to handle the aftermath all alone. Afterall, when he was sharing reconstruction contracts (even before the war started), it was only US firms that were involved. How then does he think it is wise to invite the UN at this difficult stage?
The last time he was in Nigeria, he told our dear president that; contrary to our believe, that God is a Nigerian, God is an American.  Let him now call on that American god to assist him in the rebuilding of Iraq.
Bush should openly extend an unreserved apology to the UN general assembly before he can have a moral reason for asking for help in Iraq. He should be made to understand that he can?t eat his cake and have it.
His type of arrogance has no place in the reamls of todays international diplomacy.

Malon

al_hamza

he cant leave man,
it aint the time,
i wish for more butchering,
i want to see america crumble,
they have gone into historically hostile parts of the muslim world
both afghanistan and iraq,
now its the time for the muslims there to roast thier stomachs and make them burn in hell!
Amin!
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

lionger

I agree w/ u completely Malon. Bush should definitely give a serious apology for making the UN a puppet and for going against the huge majority of dissenting opinion in the world.

al hamza, did u say 'amin' to that thing u wrote? boy u need to stop mixing religion with politics.

Anonymous

i agree that since bush got himself  into dis mess he shd figure out a way to clean it. but d un shd also help. after all it played a huge part in traumatizing iraq after gulf war 1. as for muslims singlehandedly bringing d us to its knees. i doubt if that will happen. d decline of d usa wd probably be slow and economic. they r spending more on war and destruction than on peace n building.

al_hamza

:)
bashir, i guess the US just has to fire 1/4 of thier "WMD" (weapons of mass destructions) to wipe us all out, so did the USSR but did USSR do so? no! Russia was brought down to its knees due to vast expenditures in its war in Afghanistan, now the US is in IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN, daddy bush had a deficit of $240billion and junior bush has broken the record as earlier as june, the last report i had of the american economy was that it faced a deficit of $400billion, (june report) the latest on the marco economic was that each american on average has lost $500 per month since the wars began,
with junior bush cutting taxes (unwisely) to win the elections and the rising unemployment, its not far when we'll see the giant crumbling, (thats if people like lovely bush continue)

you know something?
much earlier to sep11 b4 bush was in office, i met a muslim banker that was based in the US, as an economic fact finding maniac i couldnt resist asking him why the US had such a powerfull economy, his answer?

"hahaha, american economy isnt strong at all, thats the irony, nobody can see it except if yur in the inside, "
he went ahead to say
"American economy is just a bubble economy, it looks big from the outside but inside its just plain hollow".
okay now i can remember that i thought he was stupid, he even went ahead to say something that i refused to believe
he said
"its a bubble, it just needs a pin and and boom, it will be destroyed in just a couple of years"

now, that bubble he was talking of didnt actually need a pin, its needed some planes and the Al-Qaeda (if at-all they did) did it,

you see, i watched it on discovery channel,
its damn hard to kill an elephant, (especially our african elephants) and for that you need special guns plus, there's a small area between its ear and head, which in humans is between the ear and neck, you have to shoot it exactly there to kill it, otherwise you die.

but Allah is so great, what we humans have to do with alot of skills a small termite can do it without any help, if a termite gets into the nose of an elephant and keeps biting, the elephant goes wild and tears down trees and makes it all terrible and within minutes the elephant dies, (incase if enjoy watching animals the way i do, you'd notice that it blows air through its nostril  b4 it eats, thats a precaution againts the insect)

so bashir,
i totally agree with you, none of our muslim nations have the capability to take on the US, but all those terrorist networks will bring them down, the only thing i wonder is, what will be next? will our nations continue on the path of capitalism and corrupt ideologies?
and what will be the reaction of the US and Russia, both super powers that will eventually be broke, what will happen to all that armies and all that weapon?
Anarchy huh? no one to fill the vacume,

Bashir

al-hamza, i thought d strenght of an economy was measured in gdp, capacity utilization etc.what did ur banker friend use to tag d american economy as weak? d american economy is considered strong cos about 80% of what d ppl consume is produced in d country. now about bringing america down; even though d country has a history of bullying weaker ppl, i dont want to see its ppl reduced to what some africans r suffering. pain is pain no matter who suffers it. terrorism is ok if it doesnt hurt non combatants but since that is almost impossible i wd have to disagree with u about d desirability of terrrorists harming america cos they harm civilians. after d fall of d us-maybe china. or a replay of d period b/w d two european wars known as ww1 n 2.

lionger

Bashir, what exactly do you mean by the term 'non-combatants', and how is that different from a civillian? And in what sense can terrorism be carried out against 'combatants' and thus be acceptable?

al_hamza

oh lionger you dont understand? lemme explain pls
  the way donald rumsfield and ariel sharon killed innocent old men, women and children in the refugee camps in lebanon 1983, the way bosnian muslims were facing eradication, the way thousands of afghan were killed because they demanded proof against his Excelency Gen Shiekh Osama,
the way america killed maimed and destroyed iraq for over 14yrs, the way Mo'ammar Qaddafi's daughter was killed in a raid by America,

these were people without guns, they were massacred and all got away with it, why? because thier oppressors were organised and ruled  terorist states, in Islam it is forbidden to kill anyone that is not physically participating in a war against you.

but who is to blame for terorism today? America or Islam?
they say for every action there is a reaction, America is facing the reaction.

excelent question bashir,
you see it isnt extremely necessary that what is produced is consumed in a country to make the economy strong, though it is a good way of making the economy strong, you see most companies operating in the US arent american, japanese have taken over in many ways, did you hear the recent embargo on steel? am sure u did, to produce steel for consumption in the US, america would loose $30million a year, but by importing the US reduces the loss, and as you might know (since you showed some knowledge about economics) steel is a very essential part of a solid industrialised country, so US gov is thinking of removing steel from its embargo list, (thats just one example) there are many others, Toyota according to latest reports has the biggest share of the american car market. then we have Tv sets comming to lower parts, Japanese have wiped out american companies in this sector. There are many other examples. Though time wouldnt allow me to go on,

as for the talk of seeing americans suffer the way some africans do, there's an old saying in thier own language "as you sow, so shall you reap"

they sell arms to these people to fight each other, while america is shouting about terrorism till a year ago ( i dont know who owns the record now) america was the largest supplier of arms.

so i guess its not that very long b4 the "money talks bull-shit walks" days are over,

as for the banker friend, well you must have witnessed the down-fall of enron and some other giant instituitions in the recent history, so hands down the guy was right.

Bashir

lionger, d primary aim of war is to neutralize a threat to oneself. killing ur enemy is one of d ways of neutralizing a threat. soldiers r professional killers. so r terrorists. non-combatants r ppl like - d shoeshiner in d wtc on 9/11, d man going to his farm when an f-15 is dropping its payload etc.
ok al-hamza, i dont know about d ownership structure of us companies. i know this, production is strength. about enron n co. fraud n embezzlement happen all d time. heard of d 1929 crash (black monday) or the one in the 80s (black wednesday i think)? as for seeing ordinary americans suffer, well what will happen will happen.

Bashir

QuoteIf there is one thing Americans can easily attribute to their president in the last 2 yrs or so, is arrogance.
Malon

to add insult to injury. d americans destroyed iraq n now they r loaning them d money to rebuild it. how d u like that.

Bashir

QuoteIf there is one thing Americans can easily attribute to their president in the last 2 yrs or so, is arrogance.
Malon

to rub it in, after d americans destroyed d country, they have d gall to say they will loan reconstruction money to iraq.