News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

SOKOTO-KEBBI-ZAMFARA FORUM

Started by Dan-Sokoto, October 18, 2002, 06:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Sokoto

Assalaam Alaikum!

The late Sardauna of Sokoto, Ahmadu Bello, said, while commissioning the New Nigerian Newspapers that, you better blow your trumpet, otherwise nobody would do it for you because they will be busy blowing theirs.

It is in this context, that i am starting this new forum (topic) dedicated purely to issues, events etc etc relating to my humble area of Sokoto-Kebbi-Zamfara, as i have observed that, everybody is busy blowing his own trumpet examplified by a new forum for even Kaduna state, for instance.

Jama'a, don allah duk wani mai wani abu a kan sokoto, kebbi ko zamfara sai ya dan rubuta a wannan kwanar.

Wassalaam!

Dan-Sokoto

Dan-Sokoto

Haba F.D. Queen!

Whats the problem? Its encouragement and good will that i expected from you but not condemnation. When you were on strike, i attempted biko on you and missed ya badly before you suddenly re-surfaced. But you are just back spitting fire. Chill it please.

Mine is a noble and humble call, that if one person only was to support it, i would bet my last dime it would be FD Queen. Alas! how wrong i was. Amma haka duniya ta ke.

Dan-Sokoto

Rose

Wallahi Dan-sokoto yakamata ka bude web-site sokoto online ;D
Naji alamar kana da kishin kai sosai, so why not make a greate contribution to your state just like our hero Mallam Salisu.
Za muzo murufama baya da mika namu contribution din Inshah Allah.
aNo Ta DaBo ChiGaRii, GaRi Ba KaNo Ba DaJin ALLaH.

Dan-Sokoto

Ice!

A sannu da sannu mu ma muna zuwa. It is not all that easy, the logistics, the time etc just ain't there. Amma da goodwill and contribution na people like you, i am sure one day, we shall make it.

For a start we will welcome any contribution from you in order to start sokotoonline. I am using this medium to please request the administrator of kanonline to accept on our bahlf any conribution for that project. I am also expressing our appreciation for the setting up of Sokoto-Kebbi-Zamfara forum as evident on the new re-arranged kanoonline.

thanks Mallam salisu.

Dan-Sokoto

sdanyaro

Malama Ice,

Yes we do have http://www.zamfaraonline.com, http://www.sokotoonline.com & http://www.kebbionline.com.

We just don't have much content there. We are currently looking for volunteers to help with that. Which state do you want help out with or recommend somebody for...

Haza Wasalam.

Rose

Thanks mallam Salisu for the links,I will check it out.
and about volunteers, hum! i will see if can find any one who is good in web-design.
And if any one out there is willing, please give mallam salisu a shout.
aNo Ta DaBo ChiGaRii, GaRi Ba KaNo Ba DaJin ALLaH.

sdanyaro

Malama Ice,

Thank you for offering to look for volunteers. Its really not the web-design that we are in great need of now. It is Content - relevant information that we are in need of. So if you or any other person have contacts or connections in any of these states or any other state for that matter that will assist in getting and uploading relevant information, that will be greatly appreciated and that's what we need for now.

Thanks.

Modibbo

I think it is a good thing to have as many of these websites as possible. The more we have the better, and the fact that there is a kanoonline website and a separate Sakkwato/Zamfara/Kebbi website does not mean that we shall visit only one. We will visit and patronize all.

We are at a stage when Arewa needs a medium to disseminate information about the North accurately and widely to the whole world. The powerful media houses in the North have become weakened by limited circulation. Our voices cannot be heard since we have lagged behind in utilizing the resources provided by modern day communication, namely the Internet. This should be an important  mission for Arewa Communities world wide,  to ensure that we are not left behind in providing information that can reach millions of people. Let people know what Arewa is all about---The beauty of our culture, traditions and customs and the love and respect we have for all mankind.

Many media houses in Nigeria are only interested in promoting their regional views that will continue to dominate and suppress the voices of the North especially in matters of political and economic programs that are vital to the survival of our great Arewa region in the social structure of Nigeria. Websites like this one and many others are breaking grounds in an effort to provide a comprehensive source of information about Arewa institutions, expose the skills and talent of Arewa journalists that are not given the chance by traditional Nigerian media houses and the numerous contributions of exemplary Arewa leaders to the development of Nigeria.

Modibbo      
odibbo

baby_gal_84

i went thru the web sites links but its only zamfara that i cud get in, kebbi and sokoto r still under construction ne ko? and the zamfara theres nothin like dicusion forum. i wanted to say sometin or even to become a member.
ond of love fills the life with sweet promises.

Bello

Salaam Alaikum,

My name is Bello. I am a web designer and I am from Sokoto. I am ready to help you with the Sokoto-Kebbi-Zamfara sites.

Let me know what you want.

As I don't live in Nigeria, you may have to send me all the contents you need to be added on the site electronically.

You can reach me on bsalihu@hotmail.com or safbelkhad@yahoo.com.

Wassalaam.

Anonymous

sdanyaro I definitely agree with your words.