News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

IS MUSIC A BAD THING

Started by Venom, January 01, 2003, 05:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Venom

I would please like 2 get peoples opinions if possible, and I am in no way trying to undermine any1. I was reading a topic called Brotherz and sisterz, Help me written by Ummita J.L and I could not help but notice that most of the people who wrote in seem to think that non-Islamic music is a bad thing or in other words its haram. I believe that the only time music becomes a bad thing is when it stops u from carrying out your religious duties. I personal listen 2 everything from Ja Rule 2 Yusuf Islam 2 Bob Marley 2 Metallical and in all my years of listen to them they have not stopped me form performing my religious duties. So far to my knowledge I have not come across any text that says music (non-Islamic) is haram, but if any1 has any evidence that proves music is haram please do let me know cause as Allah says Seek knowledge form cradles to death.

O Allah, to any believer whom I have insulted, let that be cause to draw him near to You on the Day of Resurrection. ? ?
IKED BY FEW, HATED BY MANY, RESPECTED BY ALL

Blaqueen

metallica?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ok...u should go repent... oya oya maza maza... >:(
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

ummita

She signs( :-/),
heyz u wanna listens 2 music, it up 2 u. but it is haram, as long as their is beatin & vibes it make bubbley!!!, then it is haram

This music thing.... HEY! eni1 is entitled 2 du wat makes him/her happy. U wanna listen 2 it, its up 2 u, no doubt on that but.......................... :-X
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Venom

Dear Ummita

From my understanding let me break down what u wrote.  U believe that anything that has a beat & has a vibe 2 it then it is haram. Well what would u say if I could prove 2 u that the Prophet S.A.W in his time listen 2 things that had beats and vibes to them.

O Allah, to any believer whom I have insulted, let that be cause to draw him near to You on the Day of Resurrection.
IKED BY FEW, HATED BY MANY, RESPECTED BY ALL

Ibro2g

I'm as lost as you are, my dear friend Venom (though an arsenal fan). To the best of my knoledge, I have never come across such places where music is haram. I heard stories about the prophet and a kid who was a musician, the kid goes to music competitions to defend those who use music to insult the prophet. And sometimes the prophet goes wid him. I mean even when the prophet went to madinah, he was welcomed with a bautiful song, "dala hal badaru alaina min sami ratul bada`i, waja bar shukuru alaina...." something like that a very beautiful song. An Imam once told me music is only bad when it interrupts religion, when it forbids u from it just like in ur case, or when the context are unislamic or meaningless to the religion...and more. But I'm still lost coz I heard stories otherwise. Ama try `n find out a verse in the quran and bring it bak here...about music. and Venom, This are the things we need rightful answers too, I`m wid u.
Safety and Peace

Blaqueen

why i dont agree music is bad...
#1... i neva see 'am for Qur'an...
#2... music is a very very strong ID for culture and tradition...

ummita

Ppl agree 2 disgree all d great mallams did xplain that music is haram, but hey! I neva told none of u not 2 listen 2 it.As I said earlier on du as u please if it makes one happy.!!!

Wo! that is proposterious, wud u in any way put 2gether prophets tracks that r heart soothinin,which passes of course positive messages & does not lead u astray 2 that of say........... Pharoah Monch, Noreaga Busta & all them louths!
So dont use Prophets scenarios 2 cover up 4 music....that is no enuf fact 2 bck up ur opinion mate!

mm(she signs) well I du not wan2 dwell in2 this music dillema! :-X

Hey has eni1 heard Murder(eenk) INC r gonna collaborate with Zomba records 2 make greatest of all tyms releases so I read!!!

Wat du u reckon with Bobby Brown in Ja'z track (Thug luv) I hate Bobby 2 deaths! esp d way he over does everything. Ja brought him bck, after goin bankrupt, now he wants 2 du sabi over sabi:(

Who also hates em?

Anonymous

mhmmm wai aka ce basabon ba wai kurutu ya auri makaho. ke idan akwai wanda na tsana yabi su destinys child da shi wannan Bobby brown din da hakura kamar an zuba aya a tire.

(Venom) I AM LAUGHING ATI YUWA NAME. Har venum...... do not temper with me ko? Ifi not this snake will strike back ;) Kai kanoonline...it alwayz makes my day I justi dey roll for ground laugh justi dey shack my head.

Music....Hey shortie, as U-TA said, if you want to listen to music your choice. :-/  

Maleeq

HEy venom about this muzic thang someone of high intellectual standard once told that any muzic with beatings is haram.C'mon lets face it,apart from the beating stuff what of tha lyrics contained in most western muzic today. These guys commit shriek outrightly. u have peeps like eminem and most rappers, to madonna and a lot of em.
       Though personally i listen to muzic but i'm praying to stop.  SOo its up to u
akavelli da don till I`m gone!!!

Aydee Fella

dyme why should he repent or iz it cos he listens to Metallica or what? Damnn u tryin to be a racist sort of... ok lemmi tell you Muhammad(saw)preached about racial dicriminatiiion. If you think he should go repent for listening to metallica go burn yur Jagged Edge Cd's.
never rat out yur friends n alwaiz keep yur mouth shut"

Aydee Fella

dyme why should he repent or iz it cos he listens to Metallica or what? Damnn u tryin to be a racist sort of... ok lemmi tell you Muhammad(saw)preached about racial dicriminatiiion. If you think he should go repent for listening to metallica go burn yur Jagged Edge Cd's.
never rat out yur friends n alwaiz keep yur mouth shut"

ummita

ok.........from ma own point of view music is bad as I hear say...& I think it is..but I still listen 2 it...ok lemme proceed ma matter in discussion is like this!!.....I dunno whether it goes 4 d rest of ya'all but boy...........am I so heartbroken......... R.KELLY I really feel dead heartbroken about his issue. He is being given juss a month  pursue his album, top it outta d market 2 target audience & then he gets his sentencin...yeah he has already been found with 32....charges..so there is a BIG likelihood that that great guy wud end up servin 15yrs in jail!!!! Imagine that...I wish I had alot of stash that cant even fit in2 d bank..I wuddave helped shortie out!!! But I gat none...so...Its so unbearable....
He gave out great beats from Fiesta remix
nice solo from Body'z callin me
Great words from Just like that & just a touch
Worlds greatest

Now he gon go 2 jail..................I hope not.!!!
Errr bck 2 is music a bad thing.......? I dunno... :-X

Ummulhuda

Music may be a bad thing, but it is really a matter of opinion. Like Katsinian said the prophet was greeted with a beautiful song as he entered Madina.
Let's just say that in sha Allah none of us will suffer the torments of the grave because of it. Maybe it is the lyrics that make a music good or bad. Personally, I won't be able to stop listening to music.  In fact right now I'm being initiated into some really off the mark deviant music by some friends and the lyrics have nothing to do with love. What's more the stuff's really great!  

Anonymous

Quote ...ok lemme proceed ma matter in discussion is like this!!.....I dunno whether it goes 4 d rest of ya'all but boy...........am I so heartbroken......... R.KELLY I really feel dead heartbroken about his issue.  

Ow nima dai I feel this Kelly issue, who doesnt commit a sin in this world. abeg everybody ma don sin before ::) so let this so called lawyers live the man alone ::)

Blaqueen

F
Quotedyme why should he repent or iz it cos he listens to Metallica or what? Damnn u tryin to be a racist sort of... ok lemmi tell you Muhammad(saw)preached about racial dicriminatiiion. If you think he should go repent for listening to metallica go burn yur Jagged Edge Cd's.

lol.. now now now homeboi who said nething bout RACE?.  ;D.. we're talkin bout MUSIC, eg. JAGGED EDGE!!!! not NOISE eg. metallica and other nonsense and ingredients!... HUGE DIFFERENCE... like this-a-big.. *__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________* that-a-big and much more :)....

ps... if u listen to such noise.. u too.. go repent ASAP ::)