News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

HABA JANAR - LET IT GO MANA

Started by Dan-Borno, September 12, 2007, 09:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUSNAA

To say I am disappointed and depressed about the ruling is to make an understatement. However, kullu shai'in min inda Allah. Alhamdulillahi ala kullu haalin. In haka shi yafiye ma Janar Alheri, Allah Ya bashi hakuri, kuma Ya Saka masa. Wani Hani baiwa ce.. every cloud has a silver lining. Mun rungumi Kaddara.
Allah Ya Baiwa 'Yar adua sa'ar mulki for the general good of the populace ameen.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

sheriff 05

bakangizo

In dai haka lauyoyi suke, to nagode da ban karanta law ba. They are a bunch of idiots. What gets my goat the most was the verdict that Buhari does not even have a case. >:( Can you just believe this? Allah ya isa. Allah ya saka mana. Shi kuma yaje yai ta mulkin har abada. Ko kunya baya ji, anyi sata an bashi ya haye >:( >:( >:( >:(

HUSNAA

Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on February 26, 2008, 06:20:59 PM
In dai haka lauyoyi suke, to nagode da ban karanta law ba. They are a bunch of idiots. What gets my goat the most was the verdict that Buhari does not even have a case. >:( Can you just believe this? Allah ya isa. Allah ya saka mana. Shi kuma yaje yai ta mulkin har abada. Ko kunya baya ji, anyi sata an bashi ya haye >:( >:( >:( >:(

Hakuri dan uwa Akwai Allah :) :) Nauyi Allah Ya Dauke wa Janar Buhari, anyway. Besides, I think they may appeal to the supreme court, and Kutigi is supposed to be very honest. Two days ago, someone told me an anecdote about Kutigi, which gives me great hope and faith in him. There was an incident when OBJ sent El Rufai with the keys of a mansion in Asokoro, to give to Kutigi. El Rufai took Kutigi to see the beautiful house which OBJ had given him gratis. He looked at it, admired it and then told El Rufai that he had a better and more satisfying house than that one in Abuja. El Rufai was clearly intrigued as it was one of the best properties in Abuja. So Kutigi told him that he'd show him the house if he wanted to see it. So they got back into the car and Kutigi made straight for a makabarta. They both came out and entered it. He looked at El Rufai and said to him
'there is no house that is better than this one for me. Therefore go back to yr master, thank him very much for me and tell him that you have seen my house and there is none better than it in this world'.
The normally vociferous El Rufai was for once gobsmacked, speechless dumb, mute .. what ever.. there was nothing to say really if u think about it.. Ya ga iyakacin sa da iyakacin kowa ma.

Dan-Borno

In dai haka lauyoyi suke, to nagode da ban karanta law ba. They are a bunch of idiots.

OMG, da ace wannan kalmomin sun fito daga bakin wani
sabon member ne da ya sha wutan missiles wallahi.
Kai yanzu a fadin duniyannan akwai wani noble profession
ne apart from Law and Lawyers?  I doubt much if there is
any.  I challenge not only you but all.

with regards to this issue kuma, what do you want the
judge to say, that Buhari has a case or what?  believe me
even without the rigging (which is normal in naija's politics)
Buhari will not see the end of the day, kai ko a arewa ne
akace ya kawo 75% votes to earn him Aso Rock, Buhari
will not bring that 75%.

All the allegations he leveled concerning the elections
were not credible enough to cancel part or whole of the
election, especially when he mistakenly joined his
evidences with that of power mongerer (Atikun Yola)
there is no way he can succeed.  If i were the Judge
I will even ask BUhari to pay some money as cost to
Yar'adua for wasting and playing with his time.

my advice to Janar is for him to go back hunting.

Kuma, Auntyn Muhsin, for your information, even they
appeal to Supreme court, they will not succeed.  the
caliber of people who delivered this judgements are
men of integrity and honour, and soon, you will see them
sitting at the chambers of the supreme court waiting for
the same case to come before them, what do you expect?
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

Quote from: Dan-Borno on February 26, 2008, 07:27:45 PM
will not bring that 75%.

Well said DB. Anan muna tare.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

bakangizo

Quote from: Dan-Borno on February 26, 2008, 07:27:45 PM
In dai haka lauyoyi suke, to nagode da ban karanta law ba. They are a bunch of idiots.

OMG, da ace wannan kalmomin sun fito daga bakin wani
sabon member ne da ya sha wutan missiles wallahi.
Kai yanzu a fadin duniyannan akwai wani noble profession
ne apart from Law and Lawyers?  I doubt much if there is
any.  I challenge not only you but all.

will not bring that 75%.

I don't know whether you're joking, mischevious, or both. Because for someone like you to come out with such statement is, to say the least, preposterous. May be you and I are not living in the same Arewa. Ban san gaibu ba, amma I don't believe there's a single person in this country that can match Buhari in a popularity contest, let alone arewa. I really can't believe I'm even debating this. It is a fact as clear as the diff btw day and night.

As for the verdict, I personally expected it. We all know it is going to be politically guided. Forget any gymnastic they might do with legal words; bottom  line is the Judiciary is not as independent now as 'yaradua would want us to believe. Isn't it really laughable and pathetic for someone to claim that there was no sufficient evidence to annul the last April presidential election that has been adjudged as the worst ever election conducted on the Nigerian soil since independence, both nationally and internationally? The Tribunal refused flatly to allow oral evidence from witnesses, only to rule that it had no sufficient evidence against the president. How do you get evidence when you disallowed people to testify as witnesses? 

It is only in Nigeria that ppl celeberate criminality and injustice done with impunity. 'Cos that's the only way to describe the shenanigans of the last election, and the shameless manner in which some are happy about the verdict.

As for my statement regarding lawyers, I  repeat, 'if the Nigerian Judiciary typifies the legal profession, then I'm glad I'm not a lawyer!'. This is simply bcos the Nigerian judiciary has been part and parcel of the negative state of the Nigerian nation.

Dan-Borno

i had you very well Bakangizo. 
one funny thing about us is that whenever a judgement
does not favour us we turn wild against the judiciary, but
on the other hand, when judgement is in our favour, we
even call praise singers to add colour.

Ranka ya dade Bakan Gizo, my message is clear, and you
are not dreaming or anything, the voice you hear is from
Arewa, except that its not of a hypocrite who hide under
the shade of the old Janar. 

Kasan nobody knows who you vote for when you were
at the polling station, so many people cheat on old Janar
and up to the time of him going to court, people still lead
him astray kuma duk munafukai ne, even his closest aids
were not spared in this allegation.

he is just a sacrificial lamp.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

bakangizo

Alan Gubro this is not about 'a judgement going against us'. This is about a broad day light robbery, in the name of election, which was eventually  adjuged to be in order by the judiciary. No matter your open declarations of love for 'Yaradua and the PDP, you DB know deep inside you that that election was a monumental fraud. And you know that ordinarily it should be cancelled. But unfortunately in this country our desires, more often than not, do becloud our sense of reasoning and fairness. And the ability to stand up for what is right, even if it goes contrary to our desires.

Your right about I can't not know for certain if everyone votes for Buhari. That was why I said ban san gaibu ba. But if the public manifestation of love for buhari is anything to go by, then I make bold to say he's the most popular candidate around. In any case how do you make predictions about possible winners of elections if not by what you see? Da zahiri ake amfani, don sanin badili sai Allah.

As for Buhari being led astray, I believe I 've said it myself here sometime ago that he was surrounded by incompetent and insincere ppl. So that I agree with you. Yeah, he might end up being the sacrificial lamp, but at least he's fighting a noble cause. A cause that we've all shied away from, either because we are lazy, cowards, greedy, insincere. Or all.

gogannaka

Ikon Allah.What a wonderful debate.

After the judgement i heard a lawyer commenting on the judgement and from what i learnt the way the judiciary make thier judgements is based on what was presented.The judiciary is not concerned with what you or me feels to be right but rather what was presented to it as evidence and fact.

The fact that Buhari is a popular candidate and that because he claimed police and soldiers scared voters away does not mandate the judiciary to take the allegations for granted except if he produces concrete evidence to prove that. They don't make judgements based on 'hear say'.
Buhari and the ANPP claimed that the police and soldiers fired shots in various areas in order to scare away voters yet they could not produce a single evidence be it name of a police officer or soldier to support their allegation.Quite unfortunate that in this era of camera phones they couldn't capture such an act. Take a look at the case in Abia where a 30second video footing of a cult/secret society initiation and an interview with the priest sent the governor packing.

The masses love for Buhari makes them believe whatever they hear on radio or read on papers, as long as it comes from the general's mouth then dai-dai ne.Ita kuwa judiciary ba haka take ba.

Also the conditions that the constitution,through the electoral act, provide for the annulment of an election were simply not met.

The symbol of law is a blind woman.She does not look at your being fine or popular when making a judgement.

I agree with DB that Buhari cannot deliver the North talkless of a hada har da kudancin kasar.
Shi dai barshi a Kano,jigawa,yobe da wasu yan rogowa.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

amira

Wai Wai wai..........Hmmmm what is done is done now
even though i aint happy with the conclusions, that election
was definately rigged as usual, and i can remember hearing
that in kt the ballot box/es for sum reason was snatched away from
where it was placed for the voters to vote and ended up in Mangals
house, yep i know its ridiculous.
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

HUSNAA

BKG I am with you all the way!! Bar su DB.. he likes to sit on the fence and be blown away in the direction in which a favorable wind is blowing...I told him this before... somewhere. He used to be all for Buhari then he turned his back on him.
At any rate, I would like to point out a salient point to GGNK that nothwithstanding what he said some lawyer said, the fact of the matter is that Buhari and co were willing to bring live witnesses to stand and testify but the courts told them that the papers that they presented were sufficient evidence, so they didnt need to bring anyone. Now the courts have turned around and given this verdict that due to lack of live witnesses they will uphold the elections. I think if Buhari's lawyers raised this issue alone in a court of appeal it is enough to get them heard. After that, someone also commented that the very same cases that Buhari's lawyers presented to the courts were the same scenarios that got some Governors booted out of their administrations, so what is so different about Buhari's case?
Ai dama tunda aka ce wai za a fadi sakamako daga Abuja instead of piecemeal as the election results came in from each state, the scene was set for wuru wuru.
Kuma as for Buhari's inability to bring in votes except from Kano Bauchi and one or two other states, well let me ask you a question that a lawyer may likely ask seeing that lawyers only work with tangible evidence not heresay: How do you know that Buhari will not win or may not have won seeing that the election results were not tallied but only announced from the figment of Iwu's imagination or extrapolation?
Anyway like I said, wani hani baiwa ce daga Allah. If the supreme court upholds the judgements of the lower courts, Buhari should just aquiesce to the decision and give up politics in Nigeria. Its not worth it.  Dadin ta ma akwai lahira. Sakamako mai kyau yana can.

_Waziri_

I think there is something about legal profession that is above the understanding of many people including me.

In 2003 I filed a case against a man whom all the world know as irresponsible and a cheat to the core because he claimed a house from my family estate as his own. The evidence was tremendous and he hired a lawyer to defend him.

On my part, apart from getting the police involved and putting the charges as criminal offense, I also hired a lawyer.

Then the day of the hearing came and I was put in the witness box.

The judge asked me to make my case and I explained that the man went to the house and ejected the tenants showing them a court order which said the house belonged to him....

After  my submission his lawyer made a case that my conclusions should be rejected because I lied against his client? He was asked how and he said his client never carried a court order to the house in question. That it was something they call warranty!

That was it, I was watching them trying to make a no case of my case and they were evidently winning until when my lawyer intervened and said even my self said purported court order, which should mean with the use of purported, I too was not sure.

I sighed a sigh of relief for if not for that I would have lost my genuine case on the ground of terminology usage which in every language of jurisprudence is believed to have to be necessary and correctly applied  before a case is won.

So it was true when Abubakar Imam said in Magana Jari:

Ba gaskiya bace abar bida a shari'a, kaidai a samo sa'a.

So, so many things may have been wrong on the part of Buhari coming from the example sited above from my case.

After all, if the case were dismissed in consideration of national interest, we should know that from the day UMYA got sworn in his interest became the national interest.

bakangizo

Quote from: gogannaka on February 28, 2008, 12:16:24 PM
The fact that Buhari is a popular candidate and that because he claimed police and soldiers scared voters away does not mandate the judiciary to take the allegations for granted except if he produces concrete evidence to prove that. They don't make judgements based on 'hear say'.Buhari and the ANPP claimed that the police and soldiers fired shots in various areas in order to scare away voters yet they could not produce a single evidence be it name of a police officer or soldier to support their allegation.Quite unfortunate that in this era of camera phones they couldn't capture such an act. Take a look at the case in Abia where a 30second video footing of a cult/secret society initiation and an interview with the priest sent the governor packing.

So the case against 'Yaradua is mere 'hear say'? Hmmnn. No comment.

Now, you claim Buhari could not produce a police officer or soldier to support their allegation? Where were you when the same Tribunal you are so eager to defend refused to allow Buhari's counsel to present witnesses? Only for them to turn back and base thier judgement on lack of witnesses? Or can you show me where in our constitution, or electoral act, it was stated that documentary evidence must be backed by videos or physical witnesses? My friend, the term 'no enough evidence' is just a convinient ball used by lawyers/judges to play around which depending on the situation. It is subjective and malleable. I won't go thru the "Buhari can't the north" debate again. Abin ya zama abin dariya. In anycase, hajia Husnaa has said something to that effect.

Amira:
It is true, ameera what u heard. I cast my vote in the presidential election in kt, (I did the gubernatorial election in kano)so I'm a witness to those things. I can assure you that terrible things were done.

Quote from: _Waziri_ on February 28, 2008, 03:04:16 PM
I sighed a sigh of relief for if not for that I would have lost my genuine case on the ground of terminology usage which in every language of jurisprudence is believed to have to be necessary and correctly applied  before a case is won.

Thank u. That was why I said in my initial post, forget any legal jargon they use to hide behind whenever they want to pronounce a verdict that was contrary to the truth and evidence. Point here being, any partial judge can use those terminologies to base his/her selfish verdict(s).

What amaze me with Nigerians (or human beings if u like) is how ppl have jumped into bandwagon of defending the injustice, robbery and fraud of the last election. Ba kunya ba tsoron Allah.

Dan-Borno

Bakan Gizo kenan, okay lets assume you are in the
position to answer these questions sincerely,
what are your answers (In brief please)

1.  Do you sincerely think Umaru Musa Yar'adua, was at the time of the
     election not qualified to contest the election?

2.  Will you suggest that the presidential election conducted in
     2007 be totally annuled because of allegations of non
     compliance with the electoral law?

3.  Did you agree that the 2007 election was marred completely
     by corrupt practices in the whole states of the federation?