News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

FlyToMars.com

Started by Baruti M. Kamau, January 21, 2004, 07:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruti M. Kamau

8)  FlyToMars.com, Inc. is planning to operate a community of free websites (no banner ads) targeting people interested in journeying to Outer Space, the final frontier.  Each website, known as a "space colony", initially will be limited to 10 mb of disk storage, message board, guest book, calendar and e-mail account.  These features will allow each space adventurer (member) to build a space colony on the web.  Upon registration the space adventurer will be  able to choose which planet in our solar system he/she wishes to colonize.  A directory will be available showcasing all colonies established on each planet.

FlyToMars.com is looking for pro-bono volunteers who will lend a helping hand to new users building home pages by offering tips and suggestions via our message board.  Volunteers will be known as Planetary Administrators.  These administrators and their lieutenants will patrol their planet for violations of its terms of service in exchange for additional free disk storage for their websites and e-mail accounts.

Interested persons should send an e-mail to newmediaempire@pcpostal.com with "Planetary Administrator" in the subject line.  FlyToMars.com is not expected to roll out until spring 2004.

Respectfully submitted,

Baruti M. Kamau, Founder
FlyToMars.com, Inc.

zezezee

Mr. Baruti,
How can I become a member of this comunity? I actually have a site that I wld like to host, but u knw how the hosting thingy can be attimes. Can I have something else on the site apart from the Mars adverts?
 just realised that nothing is what it seems.

Baruti M. Kamau

Yes.  You are welcomed to build your community on FlyToMars.com.  In the beginning you'll have the option of colonizing one of the nine planets within our solar system.  After signing up you'll be given two weeks to begin building your colony.  We encourage you to be as creative as possible in building your colony.  Please use your imagination.  Introduce a storyline to your content.  Bring a new perspective, new approach to the final frontier.  

You'll be given 2mb web space, guest book, calendar and message board to facilitate the development of your space colony.  A FlyToMars.com e-mail account will be available to all pioneers but we are contemplating charging users a small annual fee to help pay for additional web space and bandwidth as we grow.

Zezezee, what will your FlyToMars.com community be about?

zezezee

Sorry Baruti, the thread just kept skipping ma eyes.
So, if I understand u correctly, u mean i can now go ahead and choose a planet from the solar system right. Well, i think i will go with Mars itself. Whats the next step then?

As for what i intend my community to be is: Energy on da new planet. My focus will be comin up with da best and most efficient form of energy on the new planet. Even tho most ppl knw thats what America, Russia and UK are rushing the new planet to discover (OIL). But let them do that, we, with the help of international intellects, we shall come-up with da most efficient form of it.
U never know, we might have the idea and call them to invest in it!
What do u think?

Baruti M. Kamau

Zezezee the next step is for you to begin designing your web site offline.  By the time you complete your basic design we'll roll out the software to power FlyToMars.com (April 2004).

Also depending upon your level of commitment you may begin considering some type of community oriented destination when you begin establishing your colony on planet Mars.

Most people to date interested in the FlyToMars.com theme are anticipating setting up their space colony on Mars.

We have already appointed a Planetary Administrator of Mars.  There are currently 8 openings left for the remaining 8 planets.  If you are interested in becoming a Planetary Administrator let me know.

Separately, I think the West is looking for traditional and new sources of precious minerals and other natural resources on the Red Planet in order to reduce their dependency on Mid-East and African oil.

~ Peace

zezezee

well well well, Baruti I think i will choose Jupiter this time......

In da mean time, I will start thinkin about the cummunal service that I will come up with on the site.........
So, now, when r u goin to allocate the space for moi? As for the story line, I'm still thinkin.

When r u rollin out anyway?

Baruti M. Kamau

Dante

Cool thing!

how du i get my free space ? or du i hav 2 pay first b4 registering? i'll checkit out.

Baruti M. Kamau

The FlyToMars.com project is on hold.  I'm currently looking for a buyer of the domain name.  I'm sorry I couldn't focus on the development of this project like I wanted to but too many personal problems I must  overcome before I can focus on developing and programming the site to the desired specifications.  So again I'm willing to sale the domain name to anyone.

dan kauye

ahh.....dis place don pass my level...me wey dey tink of how i go reach city nayin una dey dere dey plan space/mars/neptune sytes and travel opportunities!!!!!  chei! dis world na sumtin else...make i carry ma legedez benz vamoose 4rm here.....
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

Baruti M. Kamau

10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...BLAST OFF.....

Quote from: "dan kauye"ahh.....dis place don pass my level...me wey dey tink of how i go reach city nayin una dey dere dey plan space/mars/neptune sytes and travel opportunities!!!!!  chei! dis world na sumtin else...make i carry ma legedez benz vamoose 4rm here.....
[/b]