Letter from Bamako, Mali

Started by Nuruddeen, May 27, 2010, 11:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuruddeen

Greetings to all,
This is our second day in Bamako. We are here for a meeeting on entrepreneurship and development. D Bamako ppl are quite hospitable and honest, and they are really organizing their country beyond expectation. The Malians are  rebuilding their dynasty after what the French ppl did to them since during the colonial era. Time is no longer on our side, bt one cud have gone to Tumbuktu and see the Islamic historical edifice there. Islam actually, we were told came to Africa via Mali. They were d ppl that extended Islam to Nigeria,Niger rep and other African countries. The Wangarawa ppl originated from Mali and moved on to settle in some part of West Africa.

Even though, there is a glimpse of poverty that can be  seen in average Malians, bt they are very hospitable and honest. We hav a long way to go in Nija dear brothers and sisters. More hospitable also are the Ethiopians. On my way to Bamako via Addis, it was quite felicitous and joyous. In fact, I begin to have a re-think as to whether am not gonna pack my things and settle at Addis for a while. Lafs!!! The Beshale Hotel is indeed a nice place to pass d night . The cuisine and hospitality at Addis since we got down at d airport, was quite astounding. Ethiopian air, one of the best airliners in Africa, is quite remarkable! Guys we really had fun and nice moment! Will be here up to Sunday if we don't get direct flight to Lagos. Otherwise, my exploration journey ends today if I get flight to Lag.

I was very sad to see that these countries are by far not up to Nigeria, but they are living happily and u will see from not a far distance d zeal n committment to nation building. May Allah save Nigeria and Nigerians. Ameen ya Allah.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

bakangizo

Nice of you to share this with us. Continue to have fun. A dawo lafiya.

Muhsin

Quote from: Nuruddeen on May 27, 2010, 11:15:25 AM

I was very sad to see that these countries are by far not up to Nigeria, but they are living happily and u will see from not a far distance d zeal n committment to nation building. May Allah save Nigeria and Nigerians. Ameen ya Allah.

Amee to your prayer, Nura.

Return safe.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

secretaryabdul

Nice explanation. Da fatan ka dawo gida lafia!