News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

What really matters: Your opinions or the world's?

Started by fastboi, February 09, 2004, 02:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastboi

In everything we do, we always find ourselves in a situation where we gotta make a decision. And these decisons could be about anything, the kinda food u want to eat, what type of apparel should u be identified with, what kinds of things you should talk about, will u or will u not ask that girl out, what exactly to do with ur life for the rest of ur days. These r examples of the decisions that we have to make in our everyday lives. And these decisions r always influenced by our beliefs, ideas, orientaion, and generally opinions on matters affecting these decisions. Now what I'm asking is when deciding do u choose to do what u agree to be right or what the rest of the world around u does? The rest of the world being ur family, peers, work, school and generally society at large. Now I'm not suggesting that we should go ahead and do what is out of the norm, no, what I'm saying is there r times when the rest of the world imposes on u it's own opinion of what u should do, and at that point it doesn't really have to. But mosta the time we just go with the flow and forget about what we wanna do. I don't agree with that one bit. What do u think?
 heard that you r addressed as you r dressed!

alimsuf

QuoteBut mosta the time we just go with the flow and forget about what we wanna do. I don't agree with that one bit. What do u think?
For one to excell and remain in peace with his mind; he/she has to tuned to his unique nature.