News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

IS MUSIC A BAD THING

Started by Venom, January 01, 2003, 05:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulani_queen

uuummm......i think i'll go with tha book :)

lionger

gee you guys are still arguing over this issue...and the sticky point is not even rap or hip-hop, its loud unruly white-boy noise..lol na wa o....

Ibro2g

It doesnt matter if its rap or mettalica or rock...blues whateva. Its all music, it seems we have fallen outta our point. Ha! afriqueen, u wanna stick to da book, how authentic is the book? how many authentic hadith do u have. I stick to borgs explanation, besides Judging by our conscience, we know its all wrong, yes we are into it we just have to try and avoid it...wid prayers too. I'm listening to drowning right now, but I know its consiquences. Beware of modern corrupt books. Dont get mi wrong....
Make I juss leave this place again.
Safety and Peace

Anonymous

uummm too wanna irin gardama nawa yu still dee on too allah bada saa. ;) ;) ;)

Ihsan

kai kai kai! wannan wuri!!! idan aka samu abu daya an dinga kenan...Allah ya kyauta  ::)
greetings from Ihsaneey

Blaqueen

i'm going wit' tha book too.. i trust adama.. na korrect pesin..
and borg.. not that i dont believe u..(i give u props too) but its juss that... music is a very strong background for identification, nations, culture, and LIFE.. and for it to be COMPLETELY haram is kinda like..... :-/.. maybe it's juss regulated...

but as part of the "USELESS" things.. i understand.. cuz there are luts of things like doing "IBADAH" that is a lot more beneficial. but music..as long as its in good taste... does no harm.

besides.. if it was a very very STRICT thingie.. then i betcha they wldnt be playin ISLAMIC music in mecca... they wldnt play music on the radio in saudi (u know how summa them arabs are kinda extreme)... and we wldnt have Islamic sites that promote Islamic music,...

Music is a shady issue... so juss select the kinda music u listen to... and i soooo agree that Music nowadays is a WAY to get OFF THE RIGHT PATH.. cuz u go to concerts and u'd see people strippin.. some music are in horrible tastes deluding young teens.. etc etc.. i agree to all that...

i know its strange..but listening to JILL SCOTT lead meeh to a wonderful Surah in the Qur'an... and u have muslim rappers like MOS DEF and TALIB KWELI promoting love and bond.. etc etc..
FLESH BONE from bone thugs and harmony is a Muslim now.. and he's kinda promoting ISLAM thru their album.. he had a WHOLE SKIT explaining how he converted to ISLAM and how he's ready to be a GOOD MUSLIM.. etc etc.. it was soooo touching!

music may be misleading in some cases.. but it can also be used for good causes.... e.g. YUSUF ISLAM!

Allahu Ya'alam!
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

fulani_queen