News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Nigeria 1988 population was false.. He is data to prove it.

Started by Anonymous, April 14, 2004, 02:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eskimo

Quote from: "mrguest"

And I would let to tell you this.. Obasanjo is not the one who is conducting the census.. it is an Hausa fulani who is the head of the census board..

I suppose u mean it is going to be falsified again, abi?

I am sorry for calling u names..an outburst..so pardon me.
color=blue]NOBODY is PERFECT and I am NOBODY.[/color]

mrguest

Mr Eksimo so you live in the USA. if you do live here, come and see the Imagine.. And that would convince you.
atch nigeria first online Television Naija television and 16 Nigeria radio, and 60 more Tv station around the world.
http://www.nigeriaone.com

Indabawa

Quote from: "mrguest"Mr Eksimo so you live in the USA. if you do live here, come and see the Imagine.. And that would convince you.

mrgues,how dumb can you be?it beats my imagination that you still insist that one should have to be in US in order to see satellite imagin.We have said time without number that, it is the missapplication of the satellite technology to disproportionately decapitate the demographic relevance of the north that we are against.

Obasanjo will not succeed in rigging the forth coming census,period!The controversy generated by the exercise has already cast aspersions on the head count.

It is time to end your day dreaming.
e who kneels to Allah can stand up to anything.

mrguest

Mr Idabawa Obasanjo does not have to ring the census.. All he need to do it give the accurate result.. My fear is your people would not except the Truth.. which would be different from what you people want.. It would be far far different from the 1991 census figure.. If the satellite Imagine are correct the order population of state are in this order , anything other then this order is a lie..

1. Lagos
2. Oyo
3. Ogun
4. Kaduna
5. Ondo
6. Kwara
7 Benue
8 Kogi
9 Kano
10 Adamawa
11 Bauchi
12  cross river
13 Osun
14 Edo
15 Delta
16 Rivers
17 Borno
18 Imo
19 Anambra
20 Plateau
21 Niger
22 Enugu
23Katsina
24 Akwa Ibom
25 abia
26  Jigawa
27 Ekiti
28Zamfara
29 Sokoto
30  Taraba
31Nassarawa
32 Ebonyi
33 Kebbi
34 Gombe
35 Bayelsa
36 Yobe
Abuja

This is the order, You may not accept it.. I pray Obasanjo would be bold enough to allow the true figure hold and not given in .. to lies...

I know if he release the true figure your people would call him all type of name...
This is the last write up I hae for you.. I am not interested in the topic.. do not waste your time to reply.. I would not reply you.. or any one on this topic....
I think you people want to believe a man like IBB,, who all of us call maradona.. not for is soccer skill but for his skill in lies... If you believe IBB 1991 census figure,, you should also believe that Chicken have 6 legs..
atch nigeria first online Television Naija television and 16 Nigeria radio, and 60 more Tv station around the world.

Indabawa

Quote from: "mrguest"Mr Idabawa Obasanjo does not have to ring the census.. All he need to do it give the accurate result.. My fear is your people would not except the Truth.. which would be different from what you people want.. It would be far far different from the 1991 census figure.. If the satellite Imagine are correct the order population of state are in this order , anything other then this order is a lie..

1. Lagos
2. Oyo
3. Ogun
4. Kaduna
5. Ondo
6. Kwara
7 Benue
8 Kogi
9 Kano
10 Adamawa
11 Bauchi
12  cross river
13 Osun
14 Edo
15 Delta
16 Rivers
17 Borno
18 Imo
19 Anambra
20 Plateau
21 Niger
22 Enugu
23Katsina
24 Akwa Ibom
25 abia
26  Jigawa
27 Ekiti
28Zamfara
29 Sokoto
30  Taraba
31Nassarawa
32 Ebonyi
33 Kebbi
34 Gombe
35 Bayelsa
36 Yobe
Abuja

This is the order, You may not accept it.. I pray Obasanjo would be bold enough to allow the true figure hold and not given in .. to lies...

I know if he release the true figure your people would call him all type of name...
This is the last write up I hae for you.. I am not interested in the topic.. do not waste your time to reply.. I would not reply you.. or any one on this topic....
I think you people want to believe a man like IBB,, who all of us call maradona.. not for is soccer skill but for his skill in lies... If you believe IBB 1991 census figure,, you should also believe that Chicken have 6 legs..

It is with great restrain that i reply you mrguest.I feel it would be uncharitable just to allow you to sneak away like this after taking a lot of our valuable time.

You see you are just contradicting your self by mixing your unacceptability of 1988 census with your hatred of IBB.They are two different issues.The forthcoming head count is also going to end up as controversial as the past exercises because Obasanjo is also going to tow the line of his predecessors by"tampering" with the figures.

He is doing it for TWO things:One, his "boldness" to finally address the "national issues" and secondly,the need to parmanently decapitate the North from playing any role in  determining who gets what at the nations political chess game.Therefore, you may have either unwittingly fell into the gimmick of the Afenifere agenda,or you are just a plain fool-an Olodo rapata-for believing that Obasanjo can conduct a sincere head count.

mrguest

Quote from: "Indabawa"
Quote from: "mrguest"Mr Idabawa Obasanjo does not have to ring the census.. All he need to do it give the accurate result.. My fear is your people would not except the Truth.. which would be different from what you people want.. It would be far far different from the 1991 census figure.. If the satellite Imagine are correct the order population of state are in this order , anything other then this order is a lie..

1. Lagos
2. Oyo
3. Ogun
4. Kaduna
5. Ondo
6. Kwara
7 Benue
8 Kogi
9 Kano
10 Adamawa
11 Bauchi
12  cross river
13 Osun
14 Edo
15 Delta
16 Rivers
17 Borno
18 Imo
19 Anambra
20 Plateau
21 Niger
22 Enugu
23Katsina
24 Akwa Ibom
25 abia
26  Jigawa
27 Ekiti
28Zamfara
29 Sokoto
30  Taraba
31Nassarawa
32 Ebonyi
33 Kebbi
34 Gombe
35 Bayelsa
36 Yobe
Abuja

It is with great restrain that i reply you mrguest.I feel it would be uncharitable just to allow you to sneak away like this after taking a lot of our valuable time.

You see you are just contradicting your self by mixing your unacceptability of 1988 census with your hatred of IBB.They are two different issues.The forthcoming head count is also going to end up as controversial as the past exercises because Obasanjo is also going to tow the line of his predecessors by"tampering" with the figures.

He is doing it for TWO things:One, his "boldness" to finally address the "national issues" and secondly,the need to parmanently decapitate the North from playing any role in  determining who gets what at the nations political chess game.Therefore, you may have either unwittingly fell into the gimmick of the Afenifere agenda,or you are just a plain fool-an Olodo rapata-for believing that Obasanjo can conduct a sincere head count.

Indabawa, I never try to defend Obasanjo, Because I do not agree with some of his policies...
I am so disappear that A northerner could talk evil about Obasanjo , who in ths his of Nigeria, Name one Northerner Head of state, That help the NOrth like Obasanjo....

What Obasanjo did for the North , no northerner have and will ever do it...

Who built the Kaduna refinaries? obasanjo
who built abuja stadium ? abuja
you now name, which northerner head of  that built a refinaries in the north, which northerner head of state that built a stadium in the north

i want that person name..
is it abacha who stole more than $3b  , money that could be use to make help poor people in kano. $3b is about  N396Billion.. what can  abacha use in the money to do in kano city,...    this money would built 396 skyscaper in kano..  do you think that  there are 398 skyscaper in kano..

2..  396 billion would built 35 university in kano city ... do you think there are 39 university in kano...

3    396 billion would built 20 world class stadium in kano city ... do you think there are 20 world class stadium  in kano...

let us think before we talk.... and know who love us.. i will never live aboard if abacha do this, i would rather live in kano, than in the USA. home is home... i have picture of kano,  and how poor people live , houses, but because non nigeria may come cross this picture.. i would not post it....to respect the city.

Indabawa

mrguest wrote:

[/quote]i will never live aboard(sic)if abacha do this,i would rather live in kano than in the USA.home is home....

My dullard friend mrguest,why are you always so economical with the truth?why can't you be audacious by telling us that you were a victim of Abachas failed bank tribunal- a body that chased out all the financial and economic cheats from mother Nigeria.

For those of us who have nothing to be afraid of, we are still in the country contributing our own quota in clearing the mess you've put the country.

A true patriot never leaves his mother land.If you really want to discuss Abacha,then introduce a topic.

mrguest

Indabawa,  I was never in the banking sector. So I have nothing to fear.
I never try to defend Obasanjo, Because I do not agree with some of his policies...
I am so disappear that A northerner could talk evil about Obasanjo , who in ths his of Nigeria, Name one Northerner Head of state, That help the NOrth like Obasanjo....

you now name, which northerner head of that built a refinaries in the north, which northerner head of state that built a stadium in the north

is it abacha who stole more than $3b , money that could be use to make help poor people in kano. $3b is about N396Billion.. what can abacha use in the money to do in kano city,... this money would built 396 skyscaper in kano.. do you think that there are 398 skyscaper in kano..

2.. 396 billion would built 35 university in kano city ... do you think there are 39 university in kano...

3 396 billion would built 20 world class stadium in kano city ... do you think there are 20 world class stadium in kano...

let us think before we talk.... and know who love us.. i will never live aboard if abacha do this, i would rather live in kano, than in the USA. home is home... i have picture of kano, and how poor people live , houses, but because non nigeria may come cross this picture.. i would not post it....to respect the city.

Indabawa

Quote from: "mrguest"Indabawa,  I was never in the banking sector. So I have nothing to fear.
I never try to defend Obasanjo, Because I do not agree with some of his policies...

you now name, which northerner head of that built a refinaries in the north, which northerner head of state that built a stadium in the north

is it abacha who stole more than $3b , money that could be use to make help poor people in kano. $3b is about N396Billion.. what can abacha use in the money to do in kano city,... this money would built 396 skyscaper in kano.. do you think that there are 398 skyscaper in kano..

2.. 396 billion would built 35 university in kano city ... do you think there are 39 university in kano...

3 396 billion would built 20 world class stadium in kano city ... do you think there are 20 world class stadium in kano...

let us think before we talk.... and know who love us.. i will never live aboard if abacha do this, i would rather live in kano, than in the USA. home is home... i have picture of kano, and how poor people live , houses, but because non nigeria may come cross this picture.. i would not post it....to respect the city.

My friend if you really want to discuss Abacha,then present a topic.As for Obasanjo's eggregious misrule,i will only like to refer you to his "tormentor- in-chief",an unsuppressible columnist;my good friend,sam@nigeriaunlimited.com

mrguest

Ina, how are you doing, I have been busy on another site, If you want to talk, go to http://www.nigeriaplanet.tk

This site have no nigeria radio station but that one have a nigeria radio station online, and I need to be curent on nigeria news.

Indabawa

Phew! Thanks mrguest,for remembering to invite me for a chat on another site.I must also register my regret that i was not able to visit this site as often as i used to be.I was labourasiously enmeshed in a project, which i hope to share the outcome, with forumites in due course.The project availed me with an opportunity of extensively visiting almost all part of our country and some forieng countries.

Once again, thanks mrguest.Catch you there!

mrguest

Quote from: "Indabawa"Phew! Thanks mrguest,for remembering to invite me for a chat on another site.I must also register my regret that i was not able to visit this site as often as i used to be.I was labourasiously enmeshed in a project, which i hope to share the outcome, with forumites in due course.The project availed me with an opportunity of extensively visiting almost all part of our country and some forieng countries.

Once again, thanks mrguest.Catch you there!

listen to nigeria radio

http://nigeriacom.proboards32.com/index.cgi?board=nigeria13

listen to nigeria radio

http://nigeriacom.proboards32.com/index.cgi?board=nigeria13

mrguest

Census 2005: What Makes Nigerians Wary
By

Hassan S. Indabawa

Indabawa20022000@yahoo.com

Ordinarily no one should be wary by the Government?s attempt to conduct a head count exercise. Not so in Nigeria . And indeed not under the tutelage of the present Obasanjo administration.

It should however be noted that no one is implying that Obasanjo administration cannot conduct a successful headcount. Far from it. What is obvious from obasanjo?s antecedent is that his administration, whose legality is being challenged before the courts of law, cannot conduct a credible and acceptable population census.

Even though that all the past exercises were also marred by controversies and unacceptability, the 2005 census exercise would unarguably end up in a like manner, despite all the ?promises? by the organizers, that they hope to break this trend by using ?Satellite imaging not only to count people, but also dwellings in Nigeria?.

Curiously, it is the planned deployment of this satellite technology that made most observers to be skeptical about the whole exercise.

The Government has reportedly directed the National population commission (NPC) to use images from the NigeriaSat-1 satellite to reduce ?human error? in 2005 National population census.

The Director-General of the National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA), Professor Ajayi Boroffice, on 4th May last year, has said that this collaboration is important because only space maps would produce ?reliable? results in delineation of several settlements scattered across large expanse of land in the country.

However Prof. Boroffice?s pronouncement only amplifies the persistent argument of some hard line Southern elites, which have been becoming more strident over the past one year. Indeed, even president Obasanjo has lent his support to this line of thinking by implying that the data and image to be used in capturing ?rooftops? of villages that cluster each location of the country, would be used to determine the actual population of these settlements.

Good, one would say. But why do Obasanjo administration appears to be so eager to use satellite imaging in determining the actual population figure of Nigerians? More so, why do Southern elite, particularly Christian South, are so keen in applauding the imaging system as a panacea to an in-accurate census figure?

The answer to these innocuous questions is not far fetched: The census figures since 1952, has always been contested by the South. This is because as we all know, population figure largely determines the distribution of fiscal allocation and political power.

It is on this premise that population of a particular group can to a large extent, enhance it?s stake on the political power play of the nation. This realization ostensibly galvanized the South in to hammering in to the ears of all those who care to listen, that all the past census exercises were deliberately skewed to favour the North.

And now that the South has tasted power by Obasanjo presidency, the Southern elite are hell bent in reversing the demographic representation of Nigeria . This, they would do by decapitating the supremacy of an established Northern population.

Thus, the debut of the NigeriaSat-1 satellite programme that would provide ?sharp and accurate? data and image of estimated 47,032 towns and settlements that dots the Nigerian landscape. The NigeriaSat-1 satellite was nonetheless launched on 27 September, 2003 .

However, any keen and dispassionate observer can easily understand that there is more to the programme than what appears to be on the surface. The South, characteristically rallied behind, and applauded president Obasanjo for finally resolving to address the ?National Question?. Infact, the census was supposed to be conducted in 2001, but OBJ inexplicably refuses which clearly contravenes the Nigerian constitution.

Then if the rooftop images are going to be the determining factor in ascertaining the population density of a settlement, as asserted by president Obasanjo in May last year, and vociferously expounded by some notable southern elite, then there is indeed a plan to rig the forth coming census exercise (as they did the 2003 General elections).

The president had made an impression that it would be impossible for any one [from the North?] to ascribe a population of lets say ? 10,000 people to a village shown on the satellite monitor to posses not more than 30 rooftops.

Pre-empting the public consciousness that satellite images so far recorded had indicated that South is more densely populated than the North, is also a pointer to the insidious plan of Obasanjo administration to tinker with the 2005 National population figure.

And also this is why the North should naturally suspect the motive behind being so enthusiastic by the Obasanjo apologists, in flaunting the imaging system as a determinant in aggregate demographic representation of Nigerians.

Paucity of their reasoning presumably even emboldened them to claimed that the whole North-West comprises of only 8632 towns and cities in a country of 47000 settlement, thus representing only 18.38% of the Nigerian land mass. Whereas the South-West have 14403 settlements representing 30.6% of Nigeria land mass with a population making up of 29.57 million as against the North-West?s 16.47% million!

Not only that, they have already ?analyzed? and got hold of an ?accurate? 2005 census figure in advance. According to these ?pundits?, if Prof. Ajayi Boroffice?s (also a Yoruba Southern xtian) satellite images and data are correct, the order of Nigeria ?s population according to state by state, should be in this order:

1]       Lagos                    13]     Osun           25]     Abia            

2]       Oyo                      14]     Edo              26]     Jigawa

3]       Ogun                     15]     Delta            27]     Ekiti

4]       Kaduna                  16]     River           28]     Zamfara

5]       Ondo                    17]     Borno                   29]     Sokoto

6]       Kwara                   18]     Imo             30]     Taraba

7]       Benue                     19]     Anambra      31]     Nassarawa

8]       Kogi                      20]     Plateu          32]     Ebonyi

9]       Kano                      21]     Niger            33]     Kebbi

10]     Adamawa              22]     Enugu           34]     Gombe

11]     Bauchi                   23]     Katsina        35]     Bayelsa

12]     Cross river            24]     Akwa Ibom  36]     Yobe

Abuja

These enigmatic projections are by all means ridiculous, as they are also laughable. However, they actually represent the mindset of typical southern chauvinists. Therefore, my sincere advice is that if nothing else was done to frustrate this reckless balderdash, president Obasanjo in his usual guile effrontery, would present Nigerians with these egregious claims as ?accurate facts?.

Another issue that would make Nigerian Muslims to be skeptical about Obasanjo?s sincerity in conducting a credible population head count, is his perceived Christinasation agenda of Nigeria . Despite the fact that Muslims in Nigeria constitute the majority in population, Obasanjo is seen to be marginalizing Nigerian Muslims in most of the Federal appointments.

Recently, some notable Islamic organizations had to come out openly and cautioned him on his ?creeping marginalizition? of Nigerian Muslims. They cited as injustice; his lopsided appointments in to federal cabinet and other key federal positions. Indeed since the advent of Obasanjo?s second term tenure, there seem to be an orchestrated design to subdue Islam, which has already manifested in his recent appointment of advisers and certain key positions.

Therefore, it is logical for the Muslims to be wary of the whole exercise, as the administration could consider disfavouring Muslims, by tilting the census figure to their detriment. Even though Gov. Ahmed Makarfi of Kaduna State has threatened to mount a boycott if the issue of religion and ethnicity were included in the questionnaire, the last of this issue may not have come to a definite end. Surprisingly, the NPC Chairman Mr. Sama?ila Makama also appeared to be convinced by this argument, he noted; ?Since each religious and ethnic group would prefer numerical superiority over the other, it might be safer to ignore religion and ethnicity since there would be the temptation by each group to explore ways to have an edge over the other.?

The National Council of State, a body which includes the president, the 36 state governors and former heads of state also decided to approve the avoidance of religious and ethnic affiliation of respondents to the questionnaire.

The United Nations however believed otherwise. The international body recommends that census forms must include questions on these issues. So was Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN).  Therefore, it remains to be seen on how our president, who is ever eager to kowtow to international biddings and bend to the wishes of his Christian brethren would wriggle out of this ephemeral cul-de-sac.

One does not need a crystal ball to foretell the probable action of President Obasanjo. Despite the Federal Government budgeting of N40 billion for the exercise, some international organizations and foreign countries have already pledged to assist.

Britain ?s Department for International Development is providing satellite imaging at a cost of almost $60,000. The European Union (EU) is also supporting the head count with funding of 113.5m euros to aid the ?successful? implementation of the census. United Nations population fund, USAID, DFID and UNDP have also all pledged ?assistance? with the census. And president Obasanjo had given them an assurance that the funds would be utilize to ensure ?value for money?.

From the foregoing, we can safely conclude that the 2005 National population headcount may after all end up being controversial and may as well spark off law suits just like the past census exercises.

The Obasanjo administration for being openly unfair to the Muslims, is not best suited to conduct a credible and acceptable National head count at the moment.

What is now required of the Muslim leaders, and their organizations is to reach out to other patriotic Nigerians and civil organizations in order to put a keen eye on the conduct of the whole exercise. This should be concerted and absolute. Their uncompromising participation could go a long way in obtaining an independent view on the collation and interpretation of the demographic data.

Nevertheless, president Obasanjo?s inexplicable shifting of the time-table for the exercise from 2001 to the present; in which most of the fundamental economic and political restructuring is being tailored, had cast aspersions on the census exercise, just like his other programmes which were widely perceived to be a well laid out plan, being unfolded to permanently re-draw the politico-economic landscape of Nigeria.

Sources:-

1]       http://www.hausafulani.com/phpBB/viewtopic/

2]       http://allafrica.com/stories/

3]       http://www.nigeriafirst.org/article/

4]       http://www.mg.co.za/articlepage.aspx?articleid=area/insight/

5]       http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcg:?cmd=Retrieve

6]       http://www.ipsnews.net/net/new_nota.asp?idnews=27552

7]       http://www.nigeriafirst.org/article_2447.shtml

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Indabawa, I hope you read this, it would not cost your people hausa/fulani less than $30,000. to go to china or india and get the satellite imagine of nigeria, If Prof Ajayi manupulate the satellite images, I would think the chinesse or indian would not do so.... Indabawa put sentiment apart and face the truth, our people says the truth is bitter.. You can only cheat people for a while, you can not cheat them for a life time...

listen to nigeria radio

http://www.nigeriaplanet.tk

listen to nigeria radio

Nuruddeen

The guy who initiated this topic is dead wrong. He is just trying to play to the gallery but I will soon furnish him with the correct figures.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

mrguest

Quote from: "Nuruddeen"The guy who initiated this topic is dead wrong. He is just trying to play to the gallery but I will soon furnish him with the correct figures.

When are your figure, did you start from the start and see how i was able to proof my fact.

listen to nigeria first online Television  and Nigeria radio, and 12 more Tv station

listen to nigeria first online Television  and Nigeria radio, and 12 more Tv station